The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Launcher won't open Win7 64bit

g4m5t3r_ESO
g4m5t3r_ESO
✭✭
So, I've tried everything in every thread I can find under the sun and I still can't get the launcher to open.

0. Prerequisites are all up to date. (clean installation of graphics driver as well)
1. Run as Admin.
2. Allow through / Disable Firewall.
3. Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Connections Tab lan settings unchecked & Advanced Tab reset and then reboot.
4. Download a fresh Installer.
5. Uninstall, Scrub, Re-install.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for a couple days.
7. Flip Table!

The launcher and game have both worked fine up until a couple days ago when this issue appeared. When I try to run the launcher it appears in the processes tab of my task manager and just sits there. If I try again, I'm told only one instance can run at a time. The game works if I use the eso.exe, but I suspect this will only last until the patch comes on Monday (or the client updates). I have no idea why the launcher has suddenly ceased to function, or why it refuses to after going through a dozen support threads and re-installing multiple times. There haven't really been any changes to software as I only really use Steam and ESO. Windows updates are set to manual.

Any help would be appreciated.
Edited by g4m5t3r_ESO on June 29, 2014 9:22AM
While we're at it, can we water down the coffee. It's way OP...
  • g4m5t3r_ESO
    g4m5t3r_ESO
    ✭✭
    Any ideas? Anyone...

I guess I'll go fill out a ticket.
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    Do a clean boot and see if it's still happening. Clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • g4m5t3r_ESO
    g4m5t3r_ESO
    ✭✭
    and deeper into the rabbit hole I go... Will update if this helps, ty.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is up with the launcher. I have never had an issue until a few days ago. Now I click and the launcher opens but it takes quite some time for the news feed to populate so the play button will show and work. Again first time I have ever had an issue like this. Then when I close the launcher after I am logged into the game, it takes a while to close out the process totally. I run Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, all up to date.

I am just going to run the game from eso.exe until this bug comes to full light because something is up.
    Edited by Seravi on June 29, 2014 7:49PM
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a thread about this with some work-a-round suggestions. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/115177/launcher-won-t-open I've tried all of them and it didn't help, but maybe it will work for some of you.
    PC/NA

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable antivirus and try. Very likely that. Software like Webroot disables ESO.exe by default.