The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CC Nerf applying to NPCs as well. Random cc invincibility added for extra fun!!!

coryevans_3b14_ESO
coryevans_3b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a thread like this in General but since a moderator or dev refuses to say anything I needed to put it here.

Here is what's in the patch notes concerning the cc nerf:

"Automatic crowd-control immunity and crowd-control break immunity will now protect you from the same types of crowd-control."

Apparently the NPCs were also complaining about cc spamming and have now been added to this change (without zen mentioning anything about it)

I've had it also affect different ccs, for instance, if I use teleport strike I sometimes cannot use volcanic rune during the same fight (randomly affecting different npcs in Vr5 "The Rift")

Also, the stun that happens to npcs after you block a heavy strike is not happening if you've cc'd them recently.

So, now survivability for a dw nb is pretty much gone. I am currently trying to adjust my rotation but have yet to find something that works at all at this level and am dying a lot more then I was.

Is this intentional or just another post patch bug?

REALLY need a mod or dev to comment on this please as it is making me SERIOUSLY rethink my love for this game.

Edit: LOL, after further experimentation, I can only reproduce this on Drauger bane npcs. It was just bad luck that the first place I went was a delve full of these after the patch. Tried other delves with drauger banes in them in Eastmarch and the same thing happened. Nothing to see here (sort of). And sorry for the commotion.
Edited by coryevans_3b14_ESO on June 25, 2014 4:28AM
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I haven't even been able to play today because of the time to download and an error after download, I couldn't agree more. Agony and volcanic rune were the centerpieces of what made me successful as a stamina/magicka hybrid nightblade in VR content. This needs to be changed.
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running into the random CC invulnerability too, just run-of-the mill mobs, definitely not storm atronachs or similar. I mainly use 1h/shield reverberating bash in terms of CC, and it's fun while taking on 3 mobs at once to suddenly get the message that they're all invulnerable to that effect, making my ability to survive the fight drastically drop. Is this an intentional nerf? Were vet mobs not interesting enough as it was?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to hear, especially since VR mobs were a pain to start with........Was lookiing forward to getting on my nb to see how things were working out with the patch, now not so sure. well at least my silver bolts work against vamps.... :D
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to hear, especially since VR mobs were a pain to start with........Was lookiing forward to getting on my nb to see how things were working out with the patch, now not so sure. well at least my silver bolts work against vamps.... :D

It's just very random npcs after further testing. Drauger banes in a delve in the Rift, and someone else reported it on some skeletons somewhere, but otherwise it's not applying to most open world mobs, so not that bad. Btw, my nb is doing a lot more dmg with dw and bow. So that is very nice.

Edited by coryevans_3b14_ESO on June 25, 2014 12:59PM
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭

It's just very random npcs after further testing. Drauger banes in a delve in the Rift, and someone else reported it on some skeletons somewhere, but otherwise it's not applying to most open world mobs, so not that bad. Btw, my nb is doing a lot more dmg with dw and bow. So that is very nice.
    I should note I ran into this issue with the orcs in Obsidian Scar (vet Rivenspire), which have class builds (DK and such) so there is probably some sort of confusion/overlap between the player cc resist update and player-like npcs. (Whether intentional or not, can't say.) Not open world mobs thus far, as said.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My build is a Stamia 2handed tank built around CC... PVE is now totally unplayable for me. If this NPC CC-break ninja nef stays, you've lost yet another paying customer.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭

In my experience the only ones that do it are 2H npcs (except chargers). I've never had any other type do the cc break. however, it most definitely effects overworld enemies. All 2H I encounter in vet content except chargers now break cc and gain 5 second immunity.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is crazy as some people say that the 4 guards at Cyrodiil resources use it like crazy! XD