The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[[Memory Leak Fix]] Tested working, some chopiness zero crashes

Kaelis33
Kaelis33
✭✭
This will stop your crashing from memory issues that have been introduced with the 1.1.2 patch. There is some chopiness still from having to load things back into memory, but is completely playable and dungeons run smooth no hiccups.

This was a fix for BF4 off their forums, I have edited to an extent. I have cleanmem set to run every 5 mins which drops the RAM usage for eso.exe to about 64,000k at each reset. Does not affect gameplay. By default cleanmem is set to run every 15 mins but it still was not fast for me so I set it to every 5 mins.

Also you can manually execute cleanmem.exe by tabbing to desktop and it will reset the RAM....so you don't have to quit the game. BUT its easier if you just set it for every 5 mins.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/cleanmem.html

Installing CleanMem

- Download the small software(Major Geeks) : http://www.majorgeeks.com/CleanMem_d5993.html

- After saving it, run the .exe, BE CAREFUL and choose your OS system well, (32/x86 bit or 64 bit).

- Finish the installation.

- Now go to where CleanMem is installed(Usually C:\Program Files\CleanMem or the Start Menu) and open CleanMem_Settings to initiate CleanMem wizard. ( C:\Program Files (x86)\CleanMem for 64 bits )

Using CleanMem for eso.exe

Step 1-Click START !

Then configure each step as the following :

Disable clear file system cache (as default)

Step 2 Now disable log and file settings (unless you want to check the logs, lol)

Step 3-Now check "ONLY LIST" because we just want the program to clear eso.exe memory, not the entire system.

Step 4-Now CLICK the " + " symbol and type eso.exe on it , then click "OK". (Copy-Paste BFP4f.exe from here to avoid typos or will mess up all the steps)

Step 5-And for the last step CLICK on "Install CleanMem Task schedule" and you will see a little CMD window pop up and finish the job, then click FINISH,

DONE, now restart your PC and play !

Edited by Kaelis33 on May 24, 2014 3:32AM
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I'll try this out.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    Also quit the launcher after you start the game so that exe is not draining resources. I am not sure if it has a leak or not too. Just keep the eso.exe running and let clean mem wipe it every so often.

If you cant figure out how to set it to 5 mins post and I'll write up how to do that too. But really 15 minutes should be fast enough for most people. Or you can tab out and run cleanmem manually. It will wipe ram
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job on the fix, and I do appreciate you sharing it with us.

Now ZOS should give you a cut of this months takings for fixing something they broke.

Any chance you can buff Nightblades while you're here?
    Options
  • Farham
    Farham
    ✭✭
    It's the launcher causing the problem. Just go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\ folder, right click ESO.exe and Send to Desktop.

The game can be run directly without using the patcher (I have done so since day one I got into beta). If a patch is required, when you go to log in it will tell you and you just launch the patcher, patch, close it and launch from your ESO shortcut.
    Options
  • seschu01b14_ESO
    WHAT!!!

If you want to fix the memory leaks have developers not write crap code.

They have utilities that test for this.
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Nice job on the fix, and I do appreciate you sharing it with us.

Now ZOS should give you a cut of this months takings for fixing something they broke.

Any chance you can buff Nightblades while you're here?

Zenimax has been banking off of the modder community fixing their single player games, without so much as a public thank you for ten years now.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farham wrote: »
    It's the launcher causing the problem. Just go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\ folder, right click ESO.exe and Send to Desktop.

The game can be run directly without using the patcher (I have done so since day one I got into beta). If a patch is required, when you go to log in it will tell you and you just launch the patcher, patch, close it and launch from your ESO shortcut.

Unreal. Thank you!
    War, give me war, give me war.
    Options
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    Running it as default with 15 min intervals and game running 3 hours or so no issues

Was crashing every 45 mins
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game crashes if I try to do this
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    Game crashes if I try to do this

interesting, did you install it correctly? Specify eso.exe as the only .exe to manage? Well curious how other are faring with it. It fixed the game for me.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farham wrote: »

I dont leave the launcher running.

I still get leaks.
    Options
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    This fix doesn't work at all. Still have the memory leak, which still causes other programs to malfunction. It seems to work if I remain in a tavern or the like though. Which prevents any leveling. So... not a fix.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
    Options
  • River_Song
    I tried now with cleanmem, but it didn't get much better.
    At this point ESO is unplayable for me... :'(
    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise

Demons run, but count the cost
    The battle's won, but the child is lost
    Options
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (The UserSettings.txt file can be found in documents/elderscrollsonline/live)

This is from another thread:
    Joolio wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with these two settings in the usersettings text file. There were freezes that used to happen before for 5-6 seconds and the way you fixed it was to set SET RequestedNumThreads "-1" to 0 and save the file (has to do with how the game handles on multicore processors)

Now that setting is gone and has been replaced by 2 different settings:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

I don't know which to edit to 0 or if you should edit both... I'm hoping someone can narrow this down.

My game was freezing. Then I set both to 0. Game works flawless.

Same here. Set both to 0 and now the memory in task manager for eso.exe stabilizes at 1.6 gb. Additionally, I no longer have the short bursts of freeze-up/lag and windows no longer locks up causing me to have to force a reboot.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Kaelis33 wrote: »
    Step 4-Now CLICK the " + " symbol and type eso.exe on it , then click "OK". (Copy-Paste BFP4f.exe from here to avoid typos or will mess up all the steps)
    Question. Why do we need to copy-paste BFP4f.exe?
    Options
  • FireKat
    FireKat
    Traisa wrote: »

You don't, just use the eso.exe.
    That appears to have been accidentally pasted over from the original thread which was for BF4.
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    FireKat wrote: »
    Traisa wrote: »

You don't, just use the eso.exe.
    That appears to have been accidentally pasted over from the original thread which was for BF4.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. I just wasn't sure, because the instruction was to copy-paste in order to avoid typos, and that ends up being the typo. Lol Thanks for verifying.
    Options
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    There's so many 'download' buttons on the page it's impossible to tell which one is correct?

-Edit- Nvm I found it.
    Edited by Affrayer on June 3, 2014 2:23PM
    Pffffff
    Options