Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Black screen after hitting play is back....

• HerbZula
    HerbZula
    ✭✭
    Well i got to log in screen. Turned it off after that.
    Options
  • tritok34
    tritok34
    Soul Shriven
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    Here is a fix. Switch these from -1 or 1 to "0". If they are not in your settings which is the problem for some, take mine it is already fixed. My documents-Elder scrolls online-live replace usersettings with this.

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

P.S. If this still doesn't work, set them to 1 and try again.

omg ty so much that worked like a charm

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_JR on August 4, 2015 6:47PM
    Options
  • abazingas
    abazingas
    I know this was posted started like last year but, I want to play the game!
    I'm having the same problem, and I've tried all solutions to try and fix it, but to no avail.
    The weird part is, I had the same problem yesterday, and after adding these two lines into the UserSettings file:
    It worked. But now, starting up my computer this morning, it isn't working. The two lines are there though.
    I even tried deleting my UserSettings file and replacing it with @PVT_Parts file, it still didn't work.
    And to answer your question, yes ESO is let through Firewall, yea I've done a full Shutdown and restart of my computer, yes all of the no-brainer solutions, but nothing helps.
    Suggestions?
    Options
  • Filiclads
    Filiclads
    Soul Shriven
    abazingas wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, and I've tried all solutions to try and fix it, but to no avail.
    The weird part is, I had the same problem yesterday, and after adding these two lines into the UserSettings file:
    It worked. But now, starting up my computer this morning, it isn't working. The two lines are there though.
    I even tried deleting my UserSettings file and replacing it with @PVT_Parts file, it still didn't work.
    And to answer your question, yes ESO is let through Firewall, yea I've done a full Shutdown and restart of my computer, yes all of the no-brainer solutions, but nothing helps.
    Suggestions?

exact same thing happend to me last night word for bloody word
    Options
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Filiclads ,

If you've tried our solutions (run as admin, firewall, set to "0"...) and you still encounter this issue, you should contact our Customer Support Team and include a Game Consultant report in your e-mail for further troubleshooting.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • abazingas
    abazingas
    Filiclads wrote: »
    abazingas wrote: »
    Suggestions?

exact same thing happend to me last night word for bloody word

I found that another computer restart did the trick, but I restarted it because Adobe Flash was crashing on Youtube, but I don't think that ESO is linked to Adobe, so I'm not sure what the deal is, but maybe that will help? I don't think it will, but the wonders of computers...
    Options
  • Filiclads
    Filiclads
    Soul Shriven
    I made a customer support email and all they just told me to do exactly what this page told me to do. So I gave them feedback that is still hasn't worked and all they did was go blank on me, stopped returning my emails not even a professional closure of the email to tell me they received the message. I guess the customer support is. Eh I won't even go there...
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. Does not work. Tried deleting User Settings and still nothing. Repairing as well.

Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • darkness12102b14_ESO
    darkness12102b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The state that this game is still in after so much time has passed since beta is abysmal...

i cant even try to do the user settings fix because i lack a user settings document as well as the Livee folder because you need to have run the game at least once for the files to be generated..
    Options