Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Was biting jabs nerfed?

dermottib14_ESO
dermottib14_ESO
✭✭✭
I dont know if its jsut me, but it seems to be a huge delay between castings of it. I used to be able to jsut spam it.

Now it feels like there is a .5-1 secon delay between casts?

can somone else tesT?
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do the bots say?

I can sense some bot tears coming ahead!
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. People noticed this in the PTS.

And they didn't put it in the patch notes.

Yay!
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prolly because all the botters rolled templars and spammed biting jabs on everything.

dont see why it needed nerfing though
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 23, 2014 12:49AM
    Options
  • nickster2112b16_ESO
    yeah ninja nerf like templars arent weak as hell already GG ZOS
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biting jabs means you could do vet mobs without having to be a desto\restro staff user.
    Now..... what other option is there?
    Options
  • eduardo_goncalveseb17_ESO
    stealth nerf on a class that suffered already several issues..
    Options
  • RoCoL
    RoCoL
    ✭✭✭
    I was already leveling a level below my vet level so i had a reasonable chance of surviving. One monster encounter- great chance to live, 2 monster-good chance, 3 or more, or one troll or Antorauch, flip a coin. Now, not so much. robe wearing, healing spec Templar I am now getting crushed or barely living through 2 lowbie monster encounter!
    - mini anchors used to be a challenge, now ill certainly have to avoid them all together as i just died no less than 8 times trying to destroy one.
    - Its and awesome game- fix your bot issue dont nerf a struggling class
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Animation sync like with the interrupt bash. Basically you can't spam it faster than it takes to show anymore.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    Im playing on EU server but if it's true then WTF? You ruin the only useful templar skill?
    If it was done only to punish bots - even bigger WTF. Seems like the only way for zenimax to fight with bots is to punish honest players.

Need to wait for official response, this doesnt look nice...
    Options
  • Azphira
    Azphira
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like all skills delay for 1-1.5 seconds after biting jabs is used. It's like playing ESO on On-Live using satellite on a stormy day.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Animation sync like with the interrupt bash. Basically you can't spam it faster than it takes to show anymore.

That did get mentioned in the notes, didn't it?
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No struggling that I can see. If I need to get rid of mobs fast I just use Blazing spear + elemental ring ftw. Problem solved. ;)
    Options
  • RoCoL
    RoCoL
    ✭✭✭

im not sure what your comment even means, in english. It is delayed, the animation, the spell, whatever, it is delayed. Dont say it takes 1.5 sec to cast if it takes 1.5 to cast with a .5 or 1 cooldown before doing anything else because its not just spamming the spell, i cant cast it and then follow up with melee strike without the delay as well and all that equals DEAD to a robe wearing wannabe healer type trying to level up in Vet land.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoCoL wrote: »

im not sure what your comment even means, in english. It is delayed, the animation, the spell, whatever, it is delayed. Dont say it takes 1.5 sec to cast if it takes 1.5 to cast with a .5 or 1 cooldown before doing anything else because its not just spamming the spell, i cant cast it and then follow up with melee strike without the delay as well and all that equals DEAD to a robe wearing wannabe healer type trying to level up in Vet land.

At launch every power could be spammed. There was no cooldown on any of them. (At least, none that I can think of.) So you could fire off biting jabs, and then fire it off again immediately, while it was still animating. Now, apparently, you have to sit through the entire animation before you can use it again or attack with a weapon.
    Options
  • RoCoL
    RoCoL
    ✭✭✭

At launch every power could be spammed. There was no cooldown on any of them. (At least, none that I can think of.) So you could fire off biting jabs, and then fire it off again immediately, while it was still animating. Now, apparently, you have to sit through the entire animation before you can use it again or attack with a weapon.

There is more than waiting for the animation to end, on my end at least. I have a split second where my avatar can cast nothing magic or stamina based, enough time to die or be seriously wounded before I can do anything besides move. Keep moving is not the solution, wearing robes, its all I do anyway. Now I just get ground to dust. i seriously have died 9 or 10 times in less than an hour just general solo questing.
    Options
  • RoCoL
    RoCoL
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Id be happy if Zenimax would just comp the xp and points to another toon because unless I have friends on I wont be running my templar. I can imagine the grind trying to level up when an avatar can only be played 'with someone else'
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is more than waiting for the animation to end, on my end at least. I have a split second where my avatar can cast nothing magic or stamina based, enough time to die or be seriously wounded before I can do anything besides move. Keep moving is not the solution, wearing robes, its all I do anyway. Now I just get ground to dust. i seriously have died 9 or 10 times in less than an hour just general solo questing.

Yeah, you might want to bug that.

I have the suspicion that the lockout is designed, specifically, to mess with the bots. But, I don't know. I'm too tired to log in right now, but I'll get on my Templar once I've gotten some sleep and have some free time, and let you know what I'm seeing. Sorry, that's the best I can offer at the moment.
    Options
  • cody_ESO
    cody_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    There is more than waiting for the animation to end, on my end at least.

Yeah it's clearly not just an issue of waiting for the animation to end before a new one can begin. The animation is over well before another action can take place.
    Options
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    .5 seconds.... should not make or break you. I see it as a reasonable fix to skill use that wasn't intended. Might there be a bug at this time? Sure! if not, well, i wouldn't be suprised if this is made global to all characters
    Options
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing , somehow , there will still be templars soloing and grouping after today , yet the tear flowing crowd will declare it "impossible".

Patch day brings out the cry babies to the nth degree it always seems.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cody_ESO wrote: »
    There is more than waiting for the animation to end, on my end at least.

Yeah it's clearly not just an issue of waiting for the animation to end before a new one can begin. The animation is over well before another action can take place.

Okay, mybad. Sorry.
    Options
  • cody_ESO
    cody_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    .5 seconds.... should not make or break you. I see it as a reasonable fix to skill use that wasn't intended. Might there be a bug at this time? Sure! if not, well, i wouldn't be suprised if this is made global to all characters

Well, it would be a completely different scenario if it were a global change. But it's not. What unintended skill use do you think this is a reasonable fix for?

Jabs already suffers from the significant problem of being a channeled ability, meaning you can't hold down block while you spam it like you can instant-cast AEs.

If the problem is the single target knockback spam on the last hit of the ability, then the way to fix that is to put a brief knockback immunity buff on the target. I can't really imagine that's the problem though. There are plenty of other abilities that allow you to chain CC a single target to death.
    Options
  • RoCoL
    RoCoL
    ✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    Amazing , somehow , there will still be templars soloing and grouping after today , yet the tear flowing crowd will declare it "impossible".

Dude, your being a troll. Its a legit problem. If I were to equip heavy armor, sword and board Im sure i could carry on too. then, when I run up on a dark anchor and need to swap to heal..wait a minute, have to change clothes, respec..etc etc. Whatever they did with the mechanic, its horrible. No tears needed to express a fact. Its not , was not to my knowledge, an issue in pve or pvp, only that the bots were using it. Now the players suffer. So if you have nothing useful to add, go troll somewhere else.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hum true , i did notice a difference , but i had no time to test it , i will go back and try it later.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice, templars nerfed AGAIN, bitting jabs was the only really good ability templars had, and they nerfed it.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »

What I really love about this forum, is the basic human empathy that brings us all together. Oh, wait, that might have been the fatigue talking.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Yay!
    Yeah, it really sucks when some of your skills get nerfed for no reason.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    nice, templars nerfed AGAIN, bitting jabs was the only really good ability templars had, and they nerfed it.

This is not true , templars got good skills , i did not even consider bitting jabs to be one of the best , while i did use it a lot.

Honestly , i have no idea which skills i got to dps in its place right now. Guess we need to go for the usual light armor + destro staff?

Anyone got another option?
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • Smokedpyrotech
    .5 of a sec is a long time to not be able to do anything in battle. Right now all i can do is block after using biting jabs. I don't mind the .5 delay on being able to cast the move again, but at least let me do something else after. As it is right now i can't even swing my sword until the timer runs down.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Yay!
    Yeah, it really sucks when some of your skills get nerfed for no reason.

I'll say it again, the reason was probably to stop the bots from biting everything in sight. I'm speculating, but, you know, they were.
    Options