The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thieving places

Kinthoine
Kinthoine
So, legerdemain skill can give a lot of gold if used right, and ive been trying to do just that but i still need experience. Plus ive been looking on collecting pieces of clothing but they drop so rarely and mostly i find travelers boots and sometimes gloves. Anyone can share their stealing rutine and good places for farming good selling items and maybe even where they find a lot of clothes ? or places with a lot of bags, sacks, desks and so on. Would be really helpful :)
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know this isn't what you're exactly looking for, but i go to wayrest, and do pickpocketing and breaking into houses. the best thing about wayrest is that if there is an npc bothering me in a house, i can WB 1 shot them. as long as you 1 shot an npc and there are no witnesses, you won't get a bounty. If you arent in DC then go to whatever town in your alliance that is around lvl 30 or less. the lower the better so npc get 1 shot. as for stealing, i have yet to find a great spot for the treasure, but im gonna keep an eye on this post because i am curious as well
    VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • Kinthoine
    Kinthoine
    Thanks for the reply i will remember the advices :smile:
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes go thieving with my V16 who can access all zones. Depending on your alliance and level you may not be able to get to all of them, though.

For containers with clothing I like Vukhel Guard in Auridon, both the bank and those first homes by the stables. If you like pickpocketing you can find a lot of NPCs to steal from in Windhelm (Eastmarch) - the guards are easy enough to avoid too. Way rest is ok but I do not like that city much, so it's a personal preference.
    PC-EU
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It you're AD, then swing by Rawl'kha. The Tavern has plenty of furniture, chests, and bags filled with food ingredients, clothing/armor, recipes, and loot. There are also 7 lockboxes, 1 treasure chest, and plenty of other looting spots throughout the area. I can easily clean up several thousand gold in a matter of minutes.

Edit: Rawl'kha is located in Reaper's March. Just in case you aren't familiar.
    Edited by CGPsaint on 23 October 2015 14:06
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive 7 routine but Im not going to tell you, because I'd have to kill you. Btw, make thieving so it gives CP-too.
    Edited by Sausage on 23 October 2015 14:49
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    City of Daggerfall is great for stealing.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking to level up legerdemain I would suggest the first city in Auridon. There is a warehouse near the coast with like 30 barrels and no npcs. The first main quest you get will take you in there and you will see a nightblade guy kill another npc and vanish. Loot everything and log out and back in 4 times and you have like 80 things to fence. Not a good place for making money but you can level up legerdemain quickly.
    Edited by Toast_STS on 23 October 2015 15:01
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the Ebonheart Pact, Mournhold is excellent for thieving.

Plenty of homes/businesses and the whole city is stuffed full of lootable containers. Windhelm is excellent for working on Pickpocket as well as your Cat Burglar skills.

Riften is as good as Mournhold, but you have to go inside the buildings for any real success. Riften's central trade/merchant area is too full of guards and other NPC's, so looting containers and pickpocketing are nigh-impossible. Indside a building though? Pure profit.

Finally, in my Cadwell's Silver; I like looting the Castle and Bank of Wayrest. Vet ranked loot tables and tons of containers and lock-boxes in those two buildings alone. Plus, every time you visit a Fence and come back out of the Outlaw's Refuge, the containers in the Castle and Bank will have reset. It's a very nice little money-loop.

Using the full range of these places across three characters nets me around 20k a day if I really dedicate myself to it. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking to level up legerdemain I would suggest the first city in Auridon. There is a warehouse near the coast with like 30 barrels and no npcs. The first main quest you get will take you in there and you will see a nightblade guy kill another npc and vanish. Loot everything and log out and back in 4 times and you have like 80 things to fence. Not a good place for making money but you can level up legerdemain quickly.

!
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh I will never understand those who share things like this. You need to find your own ***. I found my own spots where I can loot nice blue stuff and lockboxes and I don't feel like sharing it.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Daggerfall Covenant, I find Evermore in Bankorai excellent. There are two good stores right by the gate outside of which is the Outlaw Refuge, and several others around town.
    I always look for places where the Outlaw Refuge is close by (Vulkhel Guard in Auridon is good too), both to run to if caught, or to go and drop off any big find I get before I get caught with it in my bag.

Also look for towns with open-backed tents for their merchants. Much easier to slip behind them and steal everything.
    Edited by Tomg999 on 23 October 2015 15:54
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marrtha wrote: »
    Eh I will never understand those who share things like this. You need to find your own ***. I found my own spots where I can loot nice blue stuff and lockboxes and I don't feel like sharing it.
    Then... don't share?

I'm not sure how that justifies the snarky response, but whatever creams your twinkie...

Thanks for not contributing to the conversation at all though. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wont give away my best spots, but can give some tips:
    I am currently hunting all achievements and on justice, I only miss the 1 mill gold earn achieve.

Dont force any locks, it wont give legerdemain xp.
    If you fail a pickpock, flee from a guard and pay to the fence. Its alot of achievements done in once. (Alot of loading tho).
    You can go down into the fence even when you have a guard on you and are in combat.
    Use detect pot after you have break free from the guards hard cc.

Sorry this doesnt give any advice on how to make money hehe.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Kinthoine
    Kinthoine
    Thanks everyone :D Ive found myself my best stealing spot as a veteran dominion player. Not many come in that city, has a lot of strongboxes and i get mostly green and blue even in normal containers. I even got a purple once, sooo lucky :3 and it wasnt even in a strongbox x3
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then... don't share?

I'm not sure how that justifies the snarky response, but whatever creams your twinkie...

It's nothing wrong with not sharing. It was the same with scraps farming location. The information was shared with too many. Eventually, it came to the forums and ZOS nerfed it just by looking into meta-data.

- But you shouldn't have an advantage.
    - Yes, I ducking should if I have discovered it.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven, 13 lockboxes + containers + heavy sacks
    havent found anything better then this yet, its looters paradise overthere

edit: make that 16 lockboxes, found three more spawns of them :smile:
    Edited by Bhakura on 25 October 2015 14:36
  • Kinthoine
    Kinthoine
    Great words by great players :) indeed, sometimes sharing can do bad too :P
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another tip.

If you get caught lock picking, don't panic. Keep picking the lock, because you can (as far as I can tell) only get one bounty per lock picking attempt.

Once you are finished opening the lock, move away from the lockbox so you don't actually open it. The box will remain unlocked for a long while which allows you to go back to it when no one is looking without getting the additional bounty for stealing.

At V16 the bounty for lock picking is 92, but for stealing the contents it is around 277.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the Ebonheart Pact, Mournhold is excellent for thieving.

Plenty of homes/businesses and the whole city is stuffed full of lootable containers. Windhelm is excellent for working on Pickpocket as well as your Cat Burglar skills.

Riften is as good as Mournhold, but you have to go inside the buildings for any real success. Riften's central trade/merchant area is too full of guards and other NPC's, so looting containers and pickpocketing are nigh-impossible. Indside a building though? Pure profit.

Finally, in my Cadwell's Silver; I like looting the Castle and Bank of Wayrest. Vet ranked loot tables and tons of containers and lock-boxes in those two buildings alone. Plus, every time you visit a Fence and come back out of the Outlaw's Refuge, the containers in the Castle and Bank will have reset. It's a very nice little money-loop.

Using the full range of these places across three characters nets me around 20k a day if I really dedicate myself to it. :)

I've been seeking a suitable place to steal from in EP but have yet to find one. I shall swing by Riften and give it a chance though I suppose, but the common layouts of Dunmer and Nordic structures leave much to be desired.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then... don't share?

Maybe someone decides to share a place where some other people are and all of a sudden there is 10 players wanting to loot stuff and just waiting and sneaking there. I have seen that happen. And just like when people shared great grinding places - they got overwhelmed and then nerfed. Great way to go. I contributed with my opinion. The fact someone doesn't find it useful - keep scrolling and you will find what you need.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • ZOS_MandiParker
    ZOS_MandiParker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinthoine wrote: »
    So, legerdemain skill can give a lot of gold if used right, and ive been trying to do just that but i still need experience. Plus ive been looking on collecting pieces of clothing but they drop so rarely and mostly i find travelers boots and sometimes gloves. Anyone can share their stealing rutine and good places for farming good selling items and maybe even where they find a lot of clothes ? or places with a lot of bags, sacks, desks and so on. Would be really helpful :)

Furniture items like wardrobes, dressers, and nightstands are great for finding clothing items. You should also look around for backpacks, sacks, and baskets. Boots and gloves drop more often from little furniture pieces. For specific locations, there are some pretty good suggestions in this thread already!
    Mandi Parker
    Systems Designer
    Staff Post