The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is up with the moon phases on the 'EU' realm, please? Skipped New Moon due to downtime?

dw0011nrb19_ESO
Dear ZOS, dear Bethesda,

I slash we are waiting every ingame night now particularly for the moon to turn to New Moon and spawn Bloodfiends to acquire the Vampirism curse. From yesterday night (RL) to this morning (RL) we had a server down. Last night the moon was perceived as a sickle, a thin sickle. This morning / noon the moon is still a sickle, but a sickle in another angle. This logically means it has skipped the New Moon phase on live (while the servers where offline apparently).

Can someone officially please express oneself what has happened here and how this will be fixed for us? If this is how I have just stated it to be, that New Moon was skipped during the downtime - I highly demand a refund / compensation in any form for all those people waiting for vampires.

It is simply inacceptable to bring down the servers while the ingame day/night cycles are continuing in a normal fashion - and in this way skipping one important moon phase, such as now did, the New Moon.

I am really disappointed.
@Hrotha - EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does seem a likely unforeseen problem, but I don't see why you're so upset by it you felt the need to come here to complain.

[edit]

As, I see, you're demanding compensation due to something about vampires? Clearly this is a non-problem.
    Edited by KerinKor on 11 April 2014 11:30
  • dw0011nrb19_ESO
    There are people out there, including my humble self, preparing for this phase of the moon, for one event that happens once a week and this event was skipped due to a downtime, yes I am here to address this issue.

This is a logical inference of what has just happened ingame.
    Edited by dw0011nrb19_ESO on 11 April 2014 11:37
    @Hrotha - EU
  • webmastereb17_ESO5
    the moon phase is not important for the spawn of the vampires.
    I did find the vampires with a 2/3 full moon (2 different spwns)
    Edited by webmastereb17_ESO5 on 11 April 2014 11:40
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, there are players with game breaking bugs, dungeons broken, people requesting refunds etc.

If you wish to ask support about this issue, log a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com.

The long story short is that no maimtence window is going to work for every player.
  • dw0011nrb19_ESO
    I know it all goes in the same cathegory.. you can not do such an event during such an important phase. That can get really frustrating for some individuals..
    @Hrotha - EU
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Well... Putting it at such a short window of time when an event that happens only once a week, is somewhat bad. Especially for those that waited for it and has been running around looking for bloodfiend spawns for quite some time.