The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console Transfer Happening June 1st!

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just got my email. Console transfer is happening June 1st at 10am EDT. WOO! That's darn close to console release, so not much progress to be lost!

Email Contents:

Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy.

Your account will be copied from PC/Mac to console on June 1, 2015, at 10AM EDT. Shortly after your account is copied from PC/Mac to the console of your choice, you will receive your digital game code for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

In preparation for this transfer, please take note of the following:

•This is an account copy. Once the copy is complete, your PC characters as well as your console characters will not share any items or progression. They will exist independently of one another.

•All entitlements will carry over, including Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack benefits.

•ESO Plus membership status will not carry over. You will need to re-enroll in ESO Plus on your console.

•Crowns will not transfer from PC/Mac to console. Any crowns left in your Crown Balance will remain on your PC character. Any items purchased with crowns will transfer to the console version.

•Besides crowns, the following will also not transfer: Mail, Guilds, Guild Banks, Friends List, Ignore List, Leaderboards, and Campaign Status.

•Upon completion of the account copy, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support team will be unable to restore any characters or items that may have been deleted from the PC/Mac account prior to the transfer.

If you have any questions about The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy, please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com.

- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team
Edited by MissBizz on 21 May 2015 14:12
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my email, too.

This might seem to be an obvious answer, but I assume I need to create a second account and use the key they provide in that account?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter I imagine we will figure that out once they send us our code. It does make sense we would need two separate accounts, because even though it shows us we can "link" our PSN account... the main page shows if you're subscribed etc. so wouldn't make sense since they essentially are two separate accounts - as well our crowns don't transfer... which are on our account.

Maybe during the transfer they will essentially "duplicate" our account? So it's two different accounts, but same account name and such? Not sure.. I'm all speculation here.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... A second account would make sense... How do they link from @account1 to @account2 so that the characters appear under @account2 when you log into the game on console?

I do wish they would explain this so I know if I need to grab a favorite account name.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... A second account would make sense... How do they link from @account1 to @account2 so that the characters appear under @account2 when you log into the game on console?

I do wish they would explain this so I know if I need to grab a favorite account name.

@lordrichter I don't think they would be linking account1 to account2 at all... just making a copy. I imagine we get to know nitty gritty details like that when we get our code.. or when we can actually start pre-downloading it.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got my email yet :(
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ItsRejectz I'm sure it's like every other email they send, comes out in waves :) Don't worry.

[EDIT] When the email was sent to actually buy the copy, I read about it on the forums, bought the transfer, got my email confirming my purchase.... THEN a couple hours later got the original email telling about the offer ;) lol
    Edited by MissBizz on 21 May 2015 14:27
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox live account is already linked from BETA. The email doesn't say this BUT I assume the code in the next email is where the characters are copied OR maybe there are more steps as ppl whose accounts aren't linked can't link them I assume?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well; at least they give us a crown store sale so we can take stuff with you since you can't take the crowns.

I actually was not sure about going to console but spent the money just in case and I might try it to just see how the controls feel on console because I find them frustratingly clunky at times on PC
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh No Only a week an a half to get another alt to v14 ;)
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

For me, that alt would need to be VR 13.5 or better :smile:
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Just got my email. Console transfer is happening June 1st at 10am EDT. WOO! That's darn close to console release, so not much progress to be lost!

Email Contents:

Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy.

•Besides crowns, the following will also not transfer: Mail, Guilds, Guild Banks, Friends List, Ignore List, Leaderboards, and Campaign Status.

- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team

Did everyone see what is highlighted above. Campaign Status will not transfer!
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Well; at least they give us a crown store sale so we can take stuff with you since you can't take the crowns.

I actually was not sure about going to console but spent the money just in case and I might try it to just see how the controls feel on console because I find them frustratingly clunky at times on PC

Yeah that's not happening for me... my 6 month sub renewed today. Hah. I'm transferring to PS4 just to try it out, play it casually when I just want to enjoy the couch. I have lots of stuff though, so I'll be happy. Don't want to blow all my crowns, or there will be nothing left for new stuff on my PC account!
    Cuyler wrote: »

For me, that alt would need to be VR 13.5 or better :smile:

Agreed. hah.

[edit] Oh and tallowby I think that's as fair as they can make it.. like come on, day 1 will already have PvP with a whole bunch of VR14's.. the least they can do it reset campaign status.
    Edited by MissBizz on 21 May 2015 14:52
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    [edit] Oh and tallowby I think that's as fair as they can make it.. like come on, day 1 will already have PvP with a whole bunch of VR14's.. the least they can do it reset campaign status.

I read that the PVE campaign will reset not PVP. If it is only PVP I am ok with it also.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles

Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »

I read that the PVE campaign will reset not PVP. If it is only PVP I am ok with it also.

@Tallowby I also think it's fair the PvE reset as well. You are playing on a new platform with a controller (which in official terms is new, as it's not officially supported on PC) as well, you won't have add-ons that may have helped you achieve those scores. I think a clean slate for any and all leaderboards is fair.
    Edited by MissBizz on 21 May 2015 15:01
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »

@Tallowby I also think it's fair the PvE reset as well. You are playing on a new platform with a controller (which in official terms is new, as it's not officially supported on PC) as well, you won't have add-ons that may have helped you achieve those scores. I think a clean slate for any and all leaderboards is fair.

I have one toon in Cadwells Gold but may not finish before transfer. Does this mean that the entire Gold mission will need to be recompleted? Or Main/Silver/ and Gold? Or is it only the leaderboards.

I just don't want to have to again complete missions I have already completed multiple times. I have no problems with leaderboards being reset.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tallowby The reason they waited to do the copy was so we don't lost progress, don't worry. Just the leaderboards will be reset, you won't suddenly not be done quests. I'm sure @ZOS_GaryA could send us official word and clarification. Although I'm positive, you won't have to redo quests.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tallowby The reason they waited to do the copy was so we don't lost progress, don't worry. Just the leaderboards will be reset, you won't suddenly not be done quests. I'm sure @ZOS_GaryA could send us official word and clarification. Although I'm positive, you won't have to redo quests.

Quest progress is sticking with you, so don't worry! Leaderboards are getting wiped for raids and AvA though. Here's a link to our KB article that lets you know what does and does not transfer.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can confirm 2 accounts 1 for pc and one for console

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/4918317/yodasedPS4

from my beta weekend. You create a console account and then you link it to your pc account. boss like
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »

Quest progress is sticking with you, so don't worry! Leaderboards are getting wiped for raids and AvA though. Here's a link to our KB article that lets you know what does and does not transfer.

Any chance you can address the account question, @ZOS_GaryA ?

Do I need to run out and create an empty ESO account to use this key code with?
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you have to make separate accounts? I would assume it will link to your existing EOS account.

The way all other PC > Console ports work, your console account either automatically gets used to create a account when you first start the game (EA games) or you link to your existing PC account to your console account (Diablo 3) with a one time login to your PC account.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. More information about redeeming the codes and linking accounts will be included in the email that comes with the code, but you don't need a second ESOTU account.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on 21 May 2015 16:23
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, so if you don't need a second ESO account, I wonder how Crown purchases will work. I'm guessing it will be like it is currently between the EU and NA servers. You have 1 pool of Crowns with your ESO account, and if you spend Crowns on one server your purchase is deducted from your pool of Crowns on your over-arching ESO account, but whatever you purchased is only available on the server where you purchased it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Hmm, so if you don't need a second ESO account, I wonder how Crown purchases will work. I'm guessing it will be like it is currently between the EU and NA servers. You have 1 pool of Crowns with your ESO account, and if you spend Crowns on one server your purchase is deducted from your pool of Crowns on your over-arching ESO account, but whatever you purchased is only available on the server where you purchased it.

They said crowns don't xfer from PC to Console, so this wouldn't quite work the same way based on what they've said so far.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@UrQuan That doesn't make sense to me, IF it worked that way, then you would think our crowns would "transfer" aka still be useable on console. Hm. I'm good with waiting to hear when we get the code email tho, they must have it all figured out by now.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As with with Steam, maybe Crowns are purchased from MS and Sony.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crowns and any purchases are tied to the console gamertag/account and not anything ZOS related. You buy them from the console stores.

Look back at the Diablo 3 account copy where ppl linked their gamertag to the BNET account.
    After the copy you don't need the ZOS account unless you want to post in the threads or play again on PC which is seperate

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 21 May 2015 16:36
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

They said crowns don't xfer from PC to Console, so this wouldn't quite work the same way based on what they've said so far.

@UrQuan That doesn't make sense to me, IF it worked that way, then you would think our crowns would "transfer" aka still be useable on console. Hm. I'm good with waiting to hear when we get the code email tho, they must have it all figured out by now.
    Ah, right, I missed that part. Not that it affects me anyway, as I'm not planning on buying a new console so I'm definitely not going to be playing on console or transferring anyway :)
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I would definitely give the console a try, but in case you don't like the console you are aware that you can remap your bindings on the PC?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats just evil.

ESO Plus membership status will not carry over. You will need to re-enroll in ESO Plus on your console.

•Crowns will not transfer from PC/Mac to console. Any crowns left in your Crown Balance will remain on your PC character. Any items purchased with crowns will transfer to the console version.

Im going to send a ticket, Im gonna lose 6k Crowns.

I wonder if research items carry on or no.
    Edited by Sausage on 21 May 2015 16:41