The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

re-installed game, click play, fatal error 6

Rayven
Rayven
Soul Shriven
Simply, why? Why is this happening when I completely un-installed the game, re-downloaded it, and immediately get this error? Have tried running as admin, that did not work, tried bypassing launcher, that did not work same error. I have no add ons for this game, it was freshly installed, so how the hell do I have this error? Will the repair help it? I have to re-download 31,000+mb to "correct" the issue at a speedy 1-2 mb/s.

So annoyed, and pissed, try to come back to the game and I get this nonsense.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rayven,

The error 6 (as error 11 and 12) is normally solved by using the Repair option on the launcher.
    Players can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on their computer by following the steps below:
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    • If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure to have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • In the middle of the launcher there will be an entry for Game Options next to an icon of a small cog wheel.
    • Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

This should allow you to play the game.

You can also check if all the updates are correctly installed :
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

Also, if you are using a launcher pre-dating December 2014, you may want to try redownloading the launcher altogether. The launcher has since been updated to a new client and using an older one can cause issues with connectivity and cause error like that.
    Edited by ZOS_PierreL on 22 March 2015 11:28
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Rayven
    Rayven
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for reply, however, I recently reformatted my pc so everything was wiped. Like i initially stated. This was fresh install and I still had error. Now i have random crashes at some points in game as does my bf and he just freshly built his pc.

It is saddens me that the game has been out for, how long now ZoS, and still have these issues? This is why we stopped playing initially, becsuse of all the problems we felt was not worth to pay montly for a game riddled with bugs.

We now come back and still having issues. That is what annoys. Glad you went f2p but if you want to earn me and bf money, you need to earn it and fix the many underlying issues of your game. You made money off the die hard elder scroll fans for a while but now youve put yourself in a position where people have to want to invest in your game. Please do the jobs that players have paid you to do and fix your game. Do not think asking much.