The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why this game became so laggy on my notebook? The fps drops like crazy!!!

lelouchlewis
Just came back for the new content, yet the game became so laggy comparing with my former gaming experience(my former average fps was about 45 or higher on high setting)
Now I set the graphic quality to medium, the fps randomly drops(the range was like7~34).even on low setting, it can still drops under 10! (so it's like 6~60)
All above was under the PvE environment.
PS: this is my system infor. It's not a super high-end gaming notebook, but it could easily handle most of game

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 2.5 GHz
Number of Cores 4
Video Card 1 Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Dedicated Memory 112.5 MB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 880M
Dedicated Memory 6144 MB
Total Memory 6144 MB
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080

Did I miss something? Looking forward for any kind of advice. Ty for ur time.
  • lelouchlewis
    Sr, this is supposed to be on the English category
  • ZOS_Abdu
    ZOS_Abdu
    ✭✭✭
    Bonsoir,

Sujet déplacé dans la section anglaise: PC Technical Support.

Hello,

Topic moved to the English language section: PC Technical Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • lelouchlewis
    ZOS_Abdu wrote: »
    Bonsoir,

Sujet déplacé dans la section anglaise: PC Technical Support.

Hello,

Topic moved to the English language section: PC Technical Support.

Ty very mych
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any addons? Lots of addons have been making FPS drops/stuttering worse for many people. If you do, don't just uncheck them, totally remove them from the folder.

Unfortunately that's the only advice I have :/
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lelouchlewis
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Do you have any addons? Lots of addons have been making FPS drops/stuttering worse for many people. If you do, don't just uncheck them, totally remove them from the folder.

Unfortunately that's the only advice I have :/

Guess I will disable them 1 by 1 to see which one exactly caused that.

Ty for the advice/
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But remember many people still have this issue even without any addons. Addons are not the cause (though some of them might aggravate the problem).

ZOS is aware of this and "looking into it".
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    The past few days there seem to be spikes in lag. A few days ago, i was playing, and only Rivenspire lagged. Next day a massive lag hit all over to where I (and many others) got booted. I waited a few hours before trying again. Would be nice to know why.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    The past few days there seem to be spikes in lag. A few days ago, i was playing, and only Rivenspire lagged. Next day a massive lag hit all over to where I (and many others) got booted. I waited a few hours before trying again. Would be nice to know why.

I agree. A few days ago, it became so bad I couldn't do anything in the game, and I couldn't exit, either. Finally had to load the Task Manager and end the game that way.

Since then, there have been a few times where this happened, but only for very short time periods, like 2-10 seconds. Just had one that lasted about 20 seconds, then the game crashed. Strange things going on. Weird thing is, I can move my character in the game, and my minions follow me, just can't do anything, can't click on anything, etc.