Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 / xbox players playing with PC players

reften
reften
✭✭✭✭✭
So, will PS4/Xbox players be playing on the same server/locations as PC players?

If yes, how does chat even work on these consoles? I know there are keyboards, but it's gotta be a low % of console users that actually use a keyboard right?
Reften
Bosmer (Wood Elf)
Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    No, each platform will have its own megaserver. PC players will continue to play with PC players, PS4 players will play with other PS4 players, and Xbox One players will be with Xbox One players.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Grapdjan
    Grapdjan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    So, will PS4/Xbox players be playing on the same server/locations as PC players?

No, they can't. The console companies are keeping a jealous watch over their respective networks, as they are valuable assets that generate revenue for them even after the initial hardware sale. Nothing gets in or out without their consent, and they won't miss any opportunity to earn a buck from allowing it. So there will have to be a server for each network.

Besides, the very idea of PlayStation aficionados playing peacefully alongside xBox consoleros would likely cause some brains to melt, too. :wink:
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on 21 January 2015 21:15
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grapdjan wrote: »
    Eew. Why?

what just cause other mmos like dcuo and ffrealm reborn can do it doesnt mean eso can lol
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    Eew. Why?

controls I would say + M$ don't do xplatform games why no FF14 on xbox one.

+ they cant type out words only voice comms that the PC user cant access as its over Xblive or PS plus.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ please rethink this.....FF14 does it and they have huge success. FFXI did it with xbox, ps2, ps3, and pc all playing on the same server.....

The ONLY reason ESO cant do it is because you dont want it too. You want this game to succeed after this announcement I STRONGLY suggest you guys make this happen.

Even Everquest next is going to do this. You guys need to step up the game now that damn near ALL of your community is in an uproar over this.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?
    As someone who's played a game where PC players and all the various console players shared the same server set, I can confirm that you don't want that anyway. Trust me
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, each platform will have its own megaserver. PC players will continue to play with PC players, PS4 players will play with other PS4 players, and Xbox One players will be with Xbox One players.

Thanks Gina
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should impose a "no duplicate name" policy across the megaservers.

In this way, if you have to consolidate, there are no strange names like BobTheBuild@lordrichter so people can tell my BobTheBuilder from all of the other ones.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is most disappointing. I had been under the impression that PS4 and xbox one players were going to share a megaserver. I am now not going to buy a console version since my console loser friends won't ditch their xbox for PS4, which is what I would use.

Such a bad plan to segregate the three platforms, and worse yet to segregate the consoles. Instead of setting up the game for success, it's being setup for failure. It would have been entirely possible to have full cross platform play while still restricting cross-platform stuff likes PvP, so mouse and keyboard players are not competing against those stuck with controllers.

Also, what lordrichter said is very important. Because everyone knows full well that when this game's population begins to plummet on all three platforms that merging them is the next logical step.
    Edited by pecheckler on 6 April 2015 05:53
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »

No, they can't. The console companies are keeping a jealous watch over their respective networks, as they are valuable assets that generate revenue for them even after the initial hardware sale. Nothing gets in or out without their consent, and they won't miss any opportunity to earn a buck from allowing it. So there will have to be a server for each network.

Besides, the very idea of PlayStation aficionados playing peacefully alongside xBox consoleros would likely cause some brains to melt, too. :wink:

That's not entirely true. Sony said go for it while Microsoft spat their dummy out and said no. So zeni gave each their own rather than single one out. It's also the reason warthunder isn't on the Xbox. Because one day ps4 and pc will be linked together. Zeni should have took the same aproch.

• Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?

Because console players would ruin the experience for PC players....
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Eew. Why?

That's the attitude of the PCmasterrace yet where called the console kids. Makes me laugh it truly does.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?

That's the attitude of the PCmasterrace yet where called the console kids. Makes me laugh it truly does.

Please look at FFXIV if you need an example. Console players are shunned. A little research and you'll understand why. A few key points: they use inferior system platforms, pay more for the same video games compared to PC, have slower reaction time, and are part of an online community overran by children and immature adults who do not even identify as gamers. The last one is the absolute worst.

Also, I find the "where" in your statement ever-so hilarious. You should have checked your grammar considering you're trying to set an example as to the level of console-gamer intelligence or maturity.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Eew. Why?

Please look at FFXIV if you need an example. Console players are shunned. A little research and you'll understand why. A few key points: they use inferior system platforms, pay more for the same video games compared to PC, have slower reaction time, and are part of an online community overran by children and immature adults who do not even identify as gamers. The last one is the absolute worst.

Also, I find the "where" in your statement ever-so hilarious. You should have checked your grammar considering you're trying to set an example as to the level of console-gamer intelligence or maturity.

Then you have games like war thunder, warframe, destiny and DCUO. When the console community is bigger than the PC community. In those games the communities are great, people are helpful and grouping takes minutes not hours.

You want to know how to destroy a community let the PCmasterrace have at it.

All I have to say about your dig at my mistake is, grow up.
  • pong
    pong
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's better for PS4, XB1,PC to have separate servers. PC alone has huge lag problems what more if all three are combined.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?

Then you have games like war thunder, warframe, destiny and DCUO. When the console community is bigger than the PC community. In those games the communities are great, people are helpful and grouping takes minutes not hours.

@liammozzb16_ESO

DC Universe Online is confirmed to be adding cross play sometime this year for PS/PC. It's even been hinted that it will happen at the end of this month. The community there is great as well on both the PC and PS platforms and I don't think that gauging platforms in correlation to quality of persons is a fair or logical metric.

I know for a fact that DCUO had more success on the console for many reasons but one significant point being the limited MMORPG competition on the PS4. PC players have a lot more variety in which MMORPG they choose to play. I doubt it has anything to do with the quality of character the community presents for each platform.

As to how this will affect ESO is yet to be seen since we haven't seen how the post launch console community will stay intact. The console launch will not be flawless and will probably be a less successful launch than the PC launch since a lot of the same bugs are still present and server performance has taken a turn for worse. I'd like to say that PC players handle the server performance a bit better than their console partners but that's just speculation on my part and could be way off the mark.

Another note, the console players will hate the current control schema if it's the same as what was presented in the XB One showcase. I'm really not sure why they didn't approach the same type of schematic that DCUO has. The combat is nearly identical. I'd like to get my hands on some controller support for ESO (PC Version) but hopefully it's keybinds are customizable. I play on an 85" 4k tv and a 55" secondary "monitor" that's a 1080p tv. The option to use a controller during farming or leveling would be nice. The animation cancelling will be possible with controller as far as I know but it will take some getting used to. DCUO had clipping (Animation Cancelling) involved in it's gameplay for nearly 4 years and the console crowd adopted it fairly well and probably just as well as the PC K/M community.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine pvp.

PC mouse+ keyboard vs petty controller. This would be loads of fun.....for PC.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine the population decrease for PC.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Eew. Why?

@liammozzb16_ESO

DC Universe Online is confirmed to be adding cross play sometime this year for PS/PC. It's even been hinted that it will happen at the end of this month. The community there is great as well on both the PC and PS platforms and I don't think that gauging platforms in correlation to quality of persons is a fair or logical metric.

I know for a fact that DCUO had more success on the console for many reasons but one significant point being the limited MMORPG competition on the PS4. PC players have a lot more variety in which MMORPG they choose to play. I doubt it has anything to do with the quality of character the community presents for each platform.

As to how this will affect ESO is yet to be seen since we haven't seen how the post launch console community will stay intact. The console launch will not be flawless and will probably be a less successful launch than the PC launch since a lot of the same bugs are still present and server performance has taken a turn for worse. I'd like to say that PC players handle the server performance a bit better than their console partners but that's just speculation on my part and could be way off the mark.

Another note, the console players will hate the current control schema if it's the same as what was presented in the XB One showcase. I'm really not sure why they didn't approach the same type of schematic that DCUO has. The combat is nearly identical. I'd like to get my hands on some controller support for ESO (PC Version) but hopefully it's keybinds are customizable. I play on an 85" 4k tv and a 55" secondary "monitor" that's a 1080p tv. The option to use a controller during farming or leveling would be nice. The animation cancelling will be possible with controller as far as I know but it will take some getting used to. DCUO had clipping (Animation Cancelling) involved in it's gameplay for nearly 4 years and the console crowd adopted it fairly well and probably just as well as the PC K/M community.

I never really saw the pc community for DCUO I stopped playing when it went free to play. I loved that game though.

My comments on PC vs console communities is solely based on personal experience. I started playing MMO's with myth of soma then it was SWG and Everquest then on to warcraft. The same crap happened in all of them loads of *** few nice guys here and there.

Then I tried DCUO on console and it was totally diffrent you couldn't move for invites when you was fight the same mobs as other people. Instead of fighting for kills in every other MMO I ever played. Even with dungeons everyone wanted to do them all day every day. Que's? What where they?

Even with that detestable game destiny it was all about getting a goup and having fun. The way the community came together to sort out raiding because there was no way to do it in game. No elitest crap you had the gear you could get a group.

With the new ps4 update we won't have to worry about pad lay out since we can make any button do what we want now, with the custom key mapping.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?

@liammozzb16_ESO

With the new ps4 update we won't have to worry about pad lay out since we can make any button do what we want now, with the custom key mapping.

That's actually good news. Will it allow for custom toggles as well? Like hold down left trigger and it changes the behavior of the x, square, circle and triangle? I'm intrigued on how they will pull it off. The console players will adjust in order to compete though regardless.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Eew. Why?

@liammozzb16_ESO

That's actually good news. Will it allow for custom toggles as well? Like hold down left trigger and it changes the behavior of the x, square, circle and triangle? I'm intrigued on how they will pull it off. The console players will adjust in order to compete though regardless.

I haven't really messed around with it yet but as far as I know you can make any button be any other button you wanted it to be. To you could have x be o and down on the d pad be square. That's about it really there's nothing advanced like shift clicking.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiskyBob wrote: »
    Imagine pvp.

PC mouse+ keyboard vs petty controller. This would be loads of fun.....for PC.

I'm not sure what your basis for that statement is. If the controller layout is acceptable then there's no reason why a controller player can't beat another using a K/M. I played DC Universe Online, an MMORPG with reaction based combo style of combat and played on a competitive 2vs2/5vs5 team globally... Yet I used a controller vs players using K/M. It really is down to how the controller schema is set up and how quickly the players can adapt and learn it.

Even in DCUO PvE, players on the consoles outperform the PC community having world firsts elite raid kills and according to the most recent player census the top players (Achievements and Gear ratings) in the global cross platform community are all from the PS servers. And no, they don't dumb down content.

I think it's important to note that if the controller schema is garbage then you're right however we probably won't know until a console build is released for beta.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would get slaughtered in PvP and we can't have that in todays "everyone is a winner" world. Just the fact that we have mods that fix the dreadful UI gives us a massive advantage in PvP.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hexi wrote: »
    They would get slaughtered in PvP and we can't have that in todays "everyone is a winner" world. Just the fact that we have mods that fix the dreadful UI gives us a massive advantage in PvP.

What addons make you more viable in PvP?

• Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Minimap? Clearer health bars for enemies? More visible promts for block/bash? status effect bars? The ability to switch armour/weapon sets with one button, on the fly?
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Minimap? Clearer health bars for enemies? More visible promts for block/bash? status effect bars? The ability to switch armour/weapon sets with one button, on the fly?

You don't play on console do you? I don't need the prompts neither will any decent console player. We have put up with crap lake that for years.

Who needs to see a Heath bar hit it till it's dead

The rest sound like the extras they are putting into the console version anyway.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but most console players aren't decent, not by a longshot. Most PC gamers aren't either, don't get me wrong, but addons help in that regard, which is an option console players simply do not have and that is the key difference.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but most console players aren't decent, not by a longshot. Most PC gamers aren't either, don't get me wrong, but addons help in that regard, which is an option console players simply do not have and that is the key difference.

There's not an add-on that's available in which it gives a far superior advantage while in combat except when comparing who can beta test the game better. :wink: For the longest time, I watched one of the best stamia NB on the US server since launch (My opinion) play with using an extremely minimal UI. He used combat cloud which basically just showed when he crit.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's not an add-on that's available in which it gives a far superior advantage while in combat except when comparing who can beta test the game better. :wink: For the longest time, I watched one of the best stamia NB on the US server since launch (My opinion) play with using an extremely minimal UI. He used combat cloud which basically just showed when he crit.

I think you kinda missed the point.

Good players will be good no matter what.

Bad players will be better with addons. Not by huge margins, but more effective regardless. It's a difference, a difference console players are barred from.

I don't play on a console, havne't had one since PS2 so I don't care at all. I'm just making the argument that it would be bad to mix the platforms because console players would rage about it.