The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback to the Champion System

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the response @ZOS_GinaBruno. This does sound fair, I am very very glad you guys heard our feedback!
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for listening to our feedback!
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding!

image.png?w=400&c=1
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So roughly how long does it take to earn a CP during actual gameplay when Update 6 comes out?

You can just about bet that they are going to monitor how fast CPs go up in the PTS before they finalize that number.

So, maybe it would be better to go slow on the PTS........

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, I get less now! They lied! They said I would get 30CP! (JOOOOKKKE!) (Seriously: I was just joking)

I am more than ok with this! It seems a really fair change and it's is amazing that they care and try to make everyone as happy as possible. Can't wait to play 1.6!
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bet the community team will sleep a little better tonight. Cant have been easy for them. They do a grand job :)
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad...still I feel like I've wasted a lot of time leveling x3 Vr14 toons (pre xp nerf), but oh well. I'll take what I can get.
    Edited by TheLaw on 9 January 2015 22:51
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding!

image.png?w=400&c=1

Oh.. please.. that knock off?

hannibal-i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together1.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1
    Edited by Darlgon on 9 January 2015 22:51
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    I have a question and Perhaps a @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can answer? <crossing fingers tightly> If I understood correctly, under the previous 30 CP system, each and every character would have their own pool of 30 pts to use. Now I'm reading that the whole account will have an account wide pool of 70 points from the conversion.
    Do the CP gained/earned after the update drops go into this account wide pool, or will THOSE points be put into a pool for each character?

For example: I have a Vet 14 with 1 mil xp points hanging out. I will get the full amount of 70 points from the conversion. So I will have the max amount of CONVERSION points to use account wide. If I play my Vet 3 and get her to Vet 4, I will earn an additional 5 points. Will EACH character get those 5 points into their own "bank" to pull from plus the 70 gained from my Vet14? or will ALL CP be account wide shared?

I am hoping and thinking that the only account wide shared points are the Conversion points and the rest of the earned points will be the way originally planned.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    c13JOoa.png

Wonderfull! Seems that you worked very very hard during the hollidays! This new system seems perfect and completely fair!

Lots of hugs for you the devs Team! <3<3<3
    Edited by Elloa on 9 January 2015 22:56
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still a bit confused about the use of these maximum 70 CP from the conversion pool.

Does every character in my account that was created prior to the conversion get to a) use a full 70 CP or b) is that a total of 70 CP divided among all characters and once a CP is used by one character the pool is reduced by 1?

If b)... are future earned CPs usable by all characters (as I originally undestood they would be) without the use of CPs by one character impacting the pool available to other characters?

Altaholics would like to know...

And kudos for listening to the community...again :)
    Edited by Iselin on 9 January 2015 22:55
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question and Perhaps a @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can answer? <crossing fingers tightly> If I understood correctly, under the previous 30 CP system, each and every character would have their own pool of 30 pts to use. Now I'm reading that the whole account will have an account wide pool of 70 points from the conversion.
    Do the CP gained/earned after the update drops go into this account wide pool, or will THOSE points be put into a pool for each character?

For example: I have a Vet 14 with 1 mil xp points hanging out. I will get the full amount of 70 points from the conversion. So I will have the max amount of CONVERSION points to use account wide. If I play my Vet 3 and get her to Vet 4, I will earn an additional 5 points. Will EACH character get those 5 points into their own "bank" to pull from plus the 70 gained from my Vet14? or will ALL CP be account wide shared?

I am hoping and thinking that the only account wide shared points are the Conversion points and the rest of the earned points will be the way originally planned.

70 is the most anyone can see at login on conversion day, period. After that you get more from playing.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is absolutely splendid news. Continue to level your characters everyone!
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got this one right....for realz. Well done Gina and crew.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All is forgiven! We love you! :D
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭

70 is the most anyone can see at login on conversion day, period. After that you get more from playing.

Yes.. I understand that.. but the ones you get from playing, are those on every character, or do they go into the shared pool?
  • Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: removed, cause Gina explained it better two posts later.

Edited by Northern_Wolfling on 9 January 2015 23:06
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    Wonderfull! Seems that you worked very very hard during the hollidays! This new system seems perfect and completely fair!

Lots of hugs for you the devs Team! <3<3<3

*waves* Hey it's Elloa from Anook :P

I am pleased with the new update, with a minor scare because of my friends. It is completely fair to the majority, but there are a few it still messes with sadly. Such as those with multiple "maxed" characters.

I have a v14 and a v9. Basically with this system the v9 doesn't count at all, since the v14 maxes it out already. Not too bad for me, I can deal with that, it isn't "great" but much better then before that's for sure haha, and I thank ZoS truly for that.

My concern is that I have a decent amount of friends with multiple V14s... some have up to 5 of them. Sadly those loyal players will most likely quit now when only about 1/5th of their work will be counted for. They obviously can't please everyone, but does anyone know why such a low cap?

Edited by Elridge on 9 January 2015 23:00
    Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way to go ZoS, you are loved again by the masses!!
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

If I'm following correctly (brain is fried), any points you receive from the conversion pool go straight into the big pool of Champion Points that you can use with any character on your account. Going off your example, if you have a full VR14 you'll get 70 Points - this is correct. Your VR3 can also use these 70 Points. You won't necessarily get 5 CPs once you ding VR4 (honestly not sure what the conversion is once the system is live, just that gaining XP gives you Points). That said, if you later earn 5 CPs, then you can use 5 CPs with each character.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for listening to the community and coming up with a more fair system. Those of us that have invested much of our time into this game appreciate it. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • henryabelarwb17_ESO
    What about the xp that was supposed to be saved? has that been scrapped?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I was looking forward to getting 30CPs for nothing (as I am one of those VR1s), this replacement is a lot more fair, and goes directly along with the suggestion made by myself and many others that new VR1s (like me) should get no CPs, since future Level 50s will also get no CPs, and CPs should be scaled up to a cap. 70 is a nice cap choice, and is a true "cap".

In short - this was a great decision ZOS, well done :)
    Slurg wrote: »
    Question: For the conversion only, 200,000 XP = 1 CP according to the original post. What will the CP earning rate be once 1.6 goes live? Did I miss this part?
    @Slurg I'm pretty sure the standard rate of earning CPs has not been divulged yet, likely because it is not finalised. I'm sure @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ has it somewhere in those 60+ pages of patch notes though :)
    I think this is a double-dip error (assuming you are referring to "tracking XP past VR14"); they originally planned to have 4x the number of CPs, but when they reduced that they had to reduce the compensation amount comparatively, meaning that this was no longer viable. Secondly, it was suggested that their tracking didn't actually work properly anyway. They do seem to have tracked at least 1,000,000 past VR14 though; i.e, the equivalent of VR15.
    Edited by Enodoc on 9 January 2015 23:11
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for providing the in depth examples. All details about future developments should look much like this. I know it takes time, but it's best to spell it out as plainly as possible in an effort to avoid speculation. This is fabulous! Now a reason to tell those waiting for update 1.6 to go ahead and resub now! :D
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit I've been on a bit of a downer about ESO because of the 30-CP limit previously announced (and a few other things).

This change is spot on, it really hits the mark. Thank you. I'm looking forward to update 6 so much more now :)

Now please say you won't make this game F2P and please do fix the lag and then I'll love you long time xx
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic news, thanks you very much for listening to the communities concerns with this feature. :heart_eyes:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for listening to and acting on our concerns! This is much appreciated.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

Based on what this post states, the tracking XP has been incorporated into their new system. Just dispersed evenly throughout each veteran level.

Realistically, they could not reward people based on what they have done since being capped at max level. If I wanted to get technical, I deserve ALL XP I gathered at VR10, VR12 and VR14, being at max level for a few months at each cap. I have been saying since they announced the 30CP cap for all players with at least one Veteran, they need to bring a system in that is a compromise for both long time players and newer players. If they were to reward me for all my XP, I would have hundreds and hundreds of CP's and I would turn you into dust. No Joke.

This new reward system is a great compromise for those of us who have logged over 2000 hours and counting or those that are under 400. I hated the Veteran system ever since launch. It was grindy and caused a huge gap between newer players and those that have been playing since Beta/early access.
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much ZOS! this is a much welcomed compromise, and i can see by the responses, its going over well!
    Edited by badmojo0777b14_ESO on 9 January 2015 23:22
This discussion has been closed.