The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Live #2 - Let's Play Options

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hello everyone!

As mentioned in our first twitch livestream "ESO Live" (which will be available for viewing by the weekend, in case you missed it) we'd like you to choose what we show during the next Let's Play segment.

During this part of the show, some of ESO's developers will go through a select area of the game to not only play, but also describe parts of the development process for that particular area.

Please get your vote in by 9:00AM EDT on Monday, September 22nd. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter

ESO Live #2 - Let's Play Options 354 votes

Serpent's Trial
34% 123 votes
Upper Craglorn
14% 52 votes
Craglorn (Tears of Shadda)
6% 24 votes
Craglorn (Rahni'za's School of Warriors)
4% 17 votes
Dragonstar Arena
38% 138 votes
Staff Post
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You spelled Shada wrong :)
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey hey! What's with all the wrong votes? I want to see them getting wiped on the Serpent :p
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Neizir wrote: »
    Just noticed that, and poll options can't be edited! Everyone can forever see my typo now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kelsarath
    Kelsarath
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that, and poll options can't be edited! Everyone can forever see my typo now.

Clearly, you spelled it right and it's the game that's wrong. How dare Neizir doubt that you know more about the game than the game.
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tell the developers to fix the dam* game!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of doing this, I would much rather the developers spend their time working on new solo or PVP content for the game since there has been almost none of it since the game was released about six months ago.
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont you demonstrate how to get to v14 without grouping ;)
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While the things mentioned don't interest me much in game (currently on my level 15 not doing the high level stuff) - I still think some of the people in this thread are a bit rude in their response.

If its not interesting for you that's fine, we sit in the same boat there but its an interesting approach nonetheless and for those who like to raid or do dungeons the insight from the Devs will definitely be worth it.

To be able to see the game with the eyes of a developer is quite fun and helps you to understand specific points about the product. Its a bit like watching a movie while the director tells you background information ;)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Instead of doing this, I would much rather the developers spend their time working on new solo or PVP content for the game since there has been almost none of it since the game was released about six months ago.

Gina and Jess are community managers, not devs :)... they don't have a specific role in fixing bugs or making new content, but they do great work with what they do. I have a litany of items I would love to bring up but this is not the thread for it.
    Kelsarath wrote: »

Clearly, you spelled it right and it's the game that's wrong. How dare Neizir doubt that you know more about the game than the game.

That is the obvious truth!
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 18 September 2014 21:32
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we'd like you to choose what we show during the next Let's Play segment.

what would i like you to show?
    i want you to show a v14 nightblade the whole time, the nightblade Must be a duel wield with FULL medium armor set and NO staff whatsoever, and detail how well he does and his damage output along with the invisibility and stealth they have, also thier survivability strengths :)

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's nice that you let us choose. :) I don't really care which area you show, I'll be happy with any of them (voted for the Serpent though), but I ask for one thing: please make sure that you bring melee DPS (not just the tank). The let's play in your last Twitch stream was basically an Impulse spam and... well, I don't think the community wants to see more staff gameplay. I know it was a player guild, not the devs, but still.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would love to see the devs do a sneak peek play through of a finished section of Wrothgar or Murkmire, as I am very much looking forward to those zones and I think it would attract a lot of attention, but the Serpent Trial is cool also I guess,
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess Upper Craglorn is just general questing, doing events and stuff like that? I voted that anyway, maybe I will see some good stuff that I will make sure to check out when I am questing there!

By the way, what I would also recommend sometimes is Cyrodiil stuff. Not PvP but showing some (but not all) of the hidden little gems there! Small, remote places that most people never discover and other hidden stuff. I bet many don't know there are unmarked tunnels leading through a mountain (more than one tunnel!) and in the middle a door to the top of the mountain!

Also, a delve like any other BUT you can climb the mountain under which the delve is and find a small hole that you can fall through and enter at the end of the delve like that! I was reaaaally surprised when I found that, it didn't say I would enter a delve.

And other things like this, Cyrodiil is just so well made, I wish other zones had more unmarked things (caves, houses, crypts, tunnels etc. without any particular purpose just as a cool addition).
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    R1ckyDaMan wrote: »

Step.1
    -Pick lowest pop pvp campaign or the one that is dominated by your faction.
    Step 2
    Do daily fetch, kill n of X ,go there quest for ~40k a pop. There are around 40 or 50 you can do each day.
    Step 3
    -Get around 1.5 mil VP a day just from this. One week of this and you are VR14 if Vr12 now.
    Step 4.
    Get yourself able to do Hircine's haunt,Chiselshriek Mine ,Buried Sands solo. ~60-100k a run. Do that as many times as you want.

Step 5.
    Ding VR14.
    Edited by PBpsy on 18 September 2014 22:45
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Have the Devs all play melee toons. Thanks.
  • Lorgend
    Lorgend
    ✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

Step.1
    -Pick lowest pop pvp campaign or the one that is dominated by your faction.
    Step 2
    Do daily fetch, kill n of X ,go there quest for ~40k a pop. There are around 40 or 50 you can do each day.
    Step 3
    -Get around 1.5 mil VP a day just from this. One week of this and you are VR14 if Vr12 now.
    Step 4.
    Get yourself able to do Hircine's haunt,Chiselshriek Mine ,Buried Sands solo. ~60-100k a run. Do that as many times as you want.

Step 5.
    Ding VR14.

or just grind hircine for like lets say 2 days and get from vr1 to vr14 xD
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Is this a joke, why would we want to see dev playing content that's on the live sever?

inwant to know more about spellcrafting.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of doing live stuff. However, it seems to me that the community largely consists of people who do not like Craglorn at all. Dont get me wrong. Zos should build the game that Zos wants, but should at the same time take note of how the majority feels. That being said, it seems to me that at this point, showing off some upcoming solo play would encourage people to stick with it a bit longer. After all, solo play is the core of the player base even if you (zos) don't want it to be that way. I, like many others will not benefit at all from seeing this content displayed due to the probability that my partner and I will most likely not ever be able to play this content. We don't guild, we don't group. I'm not mad about it. I realize not all content will be for us and that's fine. I would like to see more balance as far as what content is added. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff in the works for years to come. I look forward to an update that pertains to the majority of the player base.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Easy. Do Cyrodiil dailies every day for a week.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would love to see the devs do a sneak peek play through of a finished section of Wrothgar or Murkmire, as I am very much looking forward to those zones and I think it would attract a lot of attention, but the Serpent Trial is cool also I guess,

Why would there be a finished section of these zones 6-8 months out from their release?
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i must admit I find this post hard to stomach, I know there are different units and they focus on different areas. But the issues for me, compounded by the poor stamina design and proposed fixes ( heavy attack fix for stamina) and then the latest round of 1.4.3 issues for me ( (Night's Silence, Detection, Shadow Cloak) I'm not happy.

/qqover
    /almostunsubscribed
    /wantmystuff?
    Edited by jelliedsoup on 18 September 2014 23:29
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of doing live stuff. However, it seems to me that the community largely consists of people who do not like Craglorn at all. Dont get me wrong. Zos should build the game that Zos wants, but should at the same time take note of how the majority feels. That being said, it seems to me that at this point, showing off some upcoming solo play would encourage people to stick with it a bit longer. After all, solo play is the core of the player base even if you (zos) don't want it to be that way. I, like many others will not benefit at all from seeing this content displayed due to the probability that my partner and I will most likely not ever be able to play this content. We don't guild, we don't group. I'm not mad about it. I realize not all content will be for us and that's fine. I would like to see more balance as far as what content is added. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff in the works for years to come. I look forward to an update that pertains to the majority of the player base.

So I think they have no completed solo zone content to show yet.
    Second, I think that with the champion system we'll likely be able to get our characters powerful enough to eventually solo all older group content.

I mean for me I don't mind skipping craglorn and coming back to it after I've got 1000 champion points and I can solo everything there.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

So I think they have no completed solo zone content to show yet.
    Second, I think that with the champion system we'll likely be able to get our characters powerful enough to eventually solo all older group content.

I mean for me I don't mind skipping craglorn and coming back to it after I've got 1000 champion points and I can solo everything there.

I'm with you, I don't mind us coming back to this content if possible latter. It just seems to me they are catering to a select few. Possibly even to a select few guilds if I may be so bold to say that lol
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    So even though it's a bit off topic, i'd like to put out a friendly request for someone to record the stream so we don't have to wait a week to watch it.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this Craglorn stuff is nice, but I would love to see some info about the new solo zone.

There is no need ti implement group zones for wowkids, 99% of them choose to farm mobs to level anyway, just give them their trials in solo zones
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find live, or recorded, video of people playing video games to be like watching paint dry. Watching people beat on AI monsters is boring.

That said, I am interested in a presentation that will "also describe parts of the development process for that particular area." If they can make that interesting, I will be willing to watch them beat on AI monsters.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    All PVE stuff.. No thanks.. Would like to see them try and cap a scroll or keep in pvp though...
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote Shada's Tear. I want to see if they can beat the final boss or the one with the anvil and the spider :)
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to say that over 20 years of gaming and 10 in MMO including WoW the Arena is the single most amazingly well developed instance I have had the pleasure of experiencing . From the difficulty of the encounter - the scenery and that annoying announcer it is simply par excellence.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Gina and Jess are community managers, not devs :)... they don't have a specific role in fixing bugs or making new content, but they do great work with what they do. I have a litany of items I would love to bring up but this is not the thread for it.

Please read the post, Attorney. You're mistaken.
    During this part of the show, some of ESO's developers will go through a select area of the game to not only play, but also describe parts of the development process for that particular area.

With that said it will be a Friday and probably after their regular hours of ops. Hope it's a start to a good weekend for them so they can get back in on Monday refreshed and fix this mess.
This discussion has been closed.