The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[BUG] Kill 40 players quest

Morgul667
Morgul667
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
On PC EU, Sotha Sil but should be on all platforms / campaigns :

The new kill 40 players quest is bugged when played in group.

When killing an ennemy, the quest counter does not increase for all group members, nor does it increase for the guy who gives the final blow. Instead it is randomly given to one of the group member.

When in Solo, all kills count
Edited by Morgul667 on 7 June 2018 13:28
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this. Can also confirm it’s inconsistent between toons for me. Sometimes simply doing damage to another player is enough, and then on another toon it doesn’t register as a kill or I have to get killing blow.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for confirming this, hope it gets corrected
    Edited by Morgul667 on 9 June 2018 13:02
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can also confirm this, submitted ticket. On my healer even if I get killing blow and start dpsing stuff it doesn't work in my group of 10-15, but if I leave the group and continue running alongside them I immediately start getting credit. The kill 20 players quests still give me credit like normal in group, so it's clearly not working as intended.
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    Fix it plox
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening and still annoying!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in a group, the player that does the most damage gets credit for the kill. That kill 40 players quest is best done solo when zerg surfing.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    When in a group, the player that does the most damage gets credit for the kill. That kill 40 players quest is best done solo when zerg surfing.

Are you sure? it always seemed random to me?
    Edited by Morgul667 on 12 July 2018 06:21
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still present this patch. No acknowledgement or explanation. Yet new stuff (costume) added is directly connected to doing these quests.
    Edited by SodanTok on 19 August 2018 22:14
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah still here and not fixed :(
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 pro NA happened last night.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing ZOS ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed on PC/NA. In a group of 24, I can fill the Kill 20 Enemy Players and not get a single kill credit towards Kill 40 Players. Playing Solo, I get credit towards kill 40 players on players I damage.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it's still broken for me as well. While there are workarounds, this issue is in serious need of attention.

In my experience trying to do this while in a group of only two, whether my groupmate has this quest or not, kills are awarded too inconsistently to make sense of. Doing the most damage does not seem to guarantee credit; I can confirm that first blood and killing blows certainly do not. Kills seem frequently to go uncredited entirely for either of us, even in cases where there are no other allies around to take credit away.

The only time that this quest seems to behave as expected in group is when my groupmate is so far away that we don't tag the same players (e.g. on the other side of a keep/outpost or at a different one entirely). Then it behaves just fine, as if we were each doing the quest solo. So it seems to be a matter of competing for credit with other group members who are tagging the same enemies, with credit being awarded on no discernible basis (if it's actually given in the first place).

There should be two workarounds, then: either temporarily run alongside your group rather than formally in it, as was mentioned above; or stay far enough away from the other members of your group so that you don't overlap and hit the same players (of course the less feasible the larger the group).

While I'm excited to see that yet another Gladiator Proof reward is forthcoming with Murkmire, the fact that this quest remains so dysfunctional after four months is highly discouraging.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty please ZOS