Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

HOW DO I GET TO SKYRIM?

tectiformub17_ESO
tectiformub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I'm in Auridon right now and I so don't want to be. I'm bored with this stupid island. How to I get to Tamriel so I can travel to Skyrim? Do I have to swim?
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... play the story. once you have finished the main story, you will be givin the chance to experience the other factions
  • tectiformub17_ESO
    tectiformub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You mean I have to complete all 46 quests on that island before I can even go anywhere else?
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the main story is not connected to the individual zones story. that being said, youll have to finish every zone in a faction in order to get leveled up, as the main story is connected to your level (i think) so while you wont have to do every quest, youll have to do most of them
  • tectiformub17_ESO
    tectiformub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Gdi.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are that impatient and can't stand anything else than the Skyrim zones, this game is clearly not going to be your cup of tea.

Even if you pick the EP faction to have access to Skyrim before you reach "Veteran rank" after level 50, Eastmarch and the Rift (the two holds of Skyrim that are in the game so far) are still the last two zones of that faction, meaning that the quests there start at around level 25-30.

Also, the quests are not going to be fundamentally different once you reach Skyrim. There is nothing magical about that area. There are still evil cultists, Daedra and undead that try to kill you, still the same structure with a main quest line, side quests and some dolmens, delves and bosses sprinkled in for good measure.

The scenery changes, the exact type of mobs change, and the fights get a little bit harder, but the gameplay stays about the same throughout.

To answer your question: no, you can't swim there. Slaughterfish will kill you. If you are in the EP faction, you can travel to a guild mate in the Skyrim area to see it, or even walk there from the first EP zone (Stonefalls), but you will be ripped apart by high level monsters in a second unless you are at least level 25. If you are in the AD faction, you will need to level to 50 and finish the main quest before you have access to the EP zones. If you are in the DC faction, you need to finish both the main quest and a large part of the AD faction quests before you can get to the EP zones.

If you just want snow, the northern parts of Cyrodiil are rather Skyrim-like in appearance.
    And the starter island "Bleakrock" in the EP faction is in Skyrim. It's a small area, but it's Skyrim.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on 13 March 2015 18:08
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my experience of Skyrim was from playing Skyrim I was pretty disappointed with how Eastmarch, The Rift looked and the way the Nords are portrayed as a bunch of simple minded drunken fools who needed someone to solve every little problem for them. The lay of the land it totally wrong too...Skyrim is so flat in ESO with no real mountains with the trip from Eastmarch to The Rift up a small hill.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Auridon right now and I so don't want to be. I'm bored with this stupid island. How to I get to Tamriel so I can travel to Skyrim? Do I have to swim?

Did you just start? You are in the Aldmeri Dominion, which is at war with Skyrim and you will not have access to Skyrim until you finish the Main Story. Characters in the Ebonheart Pact will start in Skyrim, then travel through Morrowind and Black Marsh before returning to Skyrim. If you really want access to Skyrim right away, restart with an Ebonheart Pact character. No matter what faction you play, though, you just need to do enough quests to level up to be strong enough for next zone. You certainly don't need to do all 46 quests in Auridon, for example. Make sure you do the ones associated with Queen Ayrenn and the royal family. Those give the most XP and quickest route to get to next zone.

You can go to any zone (in your faction) at any time once you find the wayshrines or travel to another player who is already there, even if you have done 0 quests and are still Level 3, but you will likely get beat down by the monsters in higher level zones if you have not leveled yourself up. The game is more like Morrowind where you need to level yourself up to fight more powerful enemies, as opposed to Skyrim where the more powerful enemies level down to meet you.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the left slightly.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to see Skyrim soon roll an Ebonheart Pact Character, otherwise you won't see it until Veteran level after you've completed the main story quest.
  • Evarwyn
    Evarwyn
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to sit the OP down and have an honest talk. Poor guy.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my experience of Skyrim was from playing Skyrim I was pretty disappointed with how Eastmarch, The Rift looked and the way the Nords are portrayed as a bunch of simple minded drunken fools who needed someone to solve every little problem for them. The lay of the land it totally wrong too...Skyrim is so flat in ESO with no real mountains with the trip from Eastmarch to The Rift up a small hill.

Remember this was WAY before the nords of skyrim (TES Game). these are a bit more simple minded then the politically minded nords you run in to...if by political you mean beating their opponents face in that is. It is like complaining how Dunmer are on ESO compared to Morrowind.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are portrayed as a bunch of simple minded drunken fools who needed someone to solve every little problem for them.
    OK, let's be fair here... The locals in pretty much any zone can be described as "a bunch of simple minded <insert stereotype here> fools who needed someone to solve every little problem for them."
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Methinks you'all are being trolled by the OP.... ;)
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salmonleap wrote: »
    Methinks you'all are being trolled by the OP.... ;)

It's hard to tell. I considered the possibility that it could be a real newbie with unreasonable expectations, so I played it safe and wrote an honest response. If the OP was trolling, it's a very inefficient kind of trolling where nobody gets upset. I'm seeing some really simple but perfectly honest questions being asked by new players in zone and guild chat, and I'm bracing myself for a lot of "stupid" (uninformed) questions here in the forums after March 17. But perhaps I shouldn't worry. Or even care. Whatever.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who wants to start taking bets on how many of these types of threads we can expect after the 17th?

Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to start taking bets on how many of these types of threads we can expect after the 17th?

i vote 18 by the second tuesday the wagering win shall be a potated good sir
    foxandthegm_gameplay.png
    sorry about that just wanted to try someting on bbcode

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • ariseraw
    ariseraw
    ✭✭

Yeah, same here, and I feel the same way about Cyrodiil in ESO, after playing TESIV. The landscape is way off. There are cliffs and mountains where there were none in the single player game, and vice versa.

Yeah I know ESO takes place 800 years before Oblivion, and 1, 000 years before Skyrim, but Mountains don't grow or disappear in a thousand years.

As for the OP, you can't get to any part in Skyrim in ESO unless you are in the Ebonheart Pact, or after you get well into the veteran levels (which takes forever). Don't expect much when you get there, because you only get to see the eastern area of the province(divided into two regions). Basically just from Riften, up to Windhelm, and it doesn't look as good as it did in TESV, parts of the land aren't even accurate, as stated before.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely you could explain away the height map difference by saying that the terrain was changed by the pull of the Dolemans.
    Have you been to cloud ruler temple? it is floating in the air in this game. And if you run across an Ayleid ruin that shares the name of one in Oblivion compare it with a screenshot of the Oblivion version, the height map may be different but the outside structure is the same even the broken pieces of the the sidewalks leading up to the doors. Also be sure to check it with the map location, they are in roughly the same place as well.

Hey its fantasy,, It don't bother me to explain away details that aren't quite right, but at least had some effort put into trying to make sure they are close.

Edit: on a side note when you get to Riften be sure to check out the smugglers refuge and tell me if it looks familiar ;) That was one of my pleasant surprises in this new update.
    Edited by Casdha on 19 March 2015 06:45
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• AntTKD
    AntTKD
    Soul Shriven

ariseraw wrote: »
    ]

Yeah, same here, and I feel the same way about Cyrodiil in ESO, after playing TESIV. The landscape is way off. There are cliffs and mountains where there were none in the single player game, and vice versa.

Yeah I know ESO takes place 800 years before Oblivion, and 1, 000 years before Skyrim, but Mountains don't grow or disappear in a thousand years.

We're on to you Sheogorath...
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Nords are portrayed as a bunch of simple minded drunken fools who needed someone to solve every little problem for them.
    OK, let's be fair here... The locals in pretty much any zone can be described as "a bunch of simple minded <insert stereotype here> fools who needed someone to solve every little problem for them."

How dare you insult the deep and meaningful quests ESO: TU offers @UrQuan!

(Hurry up, you still have 5 mushrooms to collect.)
    Wololo.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The elder scrolls online is an elder scrolls game. Just like all it precessors, it is set in the wonderfull world of Tamriel. Cause this is a huge ass place, you don't have access to all of the continent (though more parts might be opened up later on in DLC's), but since the first elder scrolls game (Arena), this is the first where you can play in (parts of) all provinces of Tamriel.

In the case of the province Skyrim, that is Riften and the EastMarch. If you where under the impression that this game would be Skyrim online, I am sorry to dissapoint you. It is much more!

As others explained. the sykrim regions currently playable are in the ebonheart pact. Although all people get to play there, the first will be those who created a character in the ebonheart pact.

From the other alliances, you first need to reach level 45, do all of the main story, then kill a hard to kill boss and you will be offered to visit another alliance. In case of people from daggerfall convenant, that will first be the Aldmeri dominion. You need to finish all the quests there. Atfer that you can visit the Ebonheart pact, where skyrim is. In case of those that started in the Aldmeri dominion, they first go to the ebonheart pact and skyrim, and the second alliance is daggerfall convenant.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU