Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

EU Server still having constant server disconnects and terrible lag issues.

joshnpknrb19_ESO
I still constantly get disconnected from the EU server and the lag is literally making the game unplayable.

I have a very good PC and an internet connection that consistently gets 60mb down and 10mb up. I'm not in the starting zones and I have given eso full permission in my firewall and I still get disconnected from the server anywhere from 4 times an hour all the way up to about 8!

I know the main reason for this is due to the fact that the "EU server" is actually hosted in the USA. I know that they plan to have the EU server actually in the EU sometime in the future but when? Because until they do for me and I know for many other people in the EU the game will literally be unplayable. So what I want to know is when are they actually going to set up the EU server?

If you also have this issue I would appreciate if you would leave a comment below because unless enough people make this issue known I feel that they'll just leave it for as long as they can.
  • Shadollan
    Shadollan
    ✭✭
    Yeah!
    Laaag like hell
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    Past 2-3 days I have also been experiencing slow zoning and when I do enter the dungeon/area certain items or bosses are not visible/active. I couldn't even see the Dark Anchor points tonight though I could fight the mobs coming through.

My group also had this problem in Firsthold dealing with the portal stones and barriers because the activation box just didn't appear (or the actual quest item to "focus" on so we all had to relog a couple of times just to get them working.

The "reloadui" command doesn't do any good in these instances and the only way we've found around it is to logout and back in again. Now I'm wondering how many gathering nodes and chests I've been missing since the game went live.

Over the past week I've also had problems gathering herbs. I see the herb and it shows up in text but when I reach it the image just fades away - there are no other players in the vicinity (to my knowledge).

I wonder if the problem is related to the "EU" server being hosted in USA and the game isn't responding due to packet loss. If this continues to get worse then I'm afraid the game may become unplayable as there's little point if NPC's/activation nodes become invisible.
  • Spawnsplitter
    Do you have a wireless connection? Is it only ESO? or do you suffer desynchs while streaming or browsing? other games?

Do not get me wrong, but i suffered from this in a lot of different games before. The first notice is if you are streaming videos or something and the video once in a while "desynchs" and you need to refresh the page.

Previously i was running a wireless connection to my computer and i suffered from random disconnects. Analyzing it showed that there was no real issues at all, which is interesting in itself, but the short story is that after pulling a cable to my computer I haven't had a single disconnect for the past 4 months. Before it did not matter what game or time, it was simply random (to the extent it was always when something important happened).
  • Ekeiram
    Ekeiram
    I play from the Netherlands and have no problem's wih disconnecting or lag, not at all.
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    What country are you from, that speed is nice, but I know that most EU countries make UK speeds look like ***.
  • Methtrain
    Methtrain
    Soul Shriven
    I only get the unknown error when I am at home (affects character creation / login / play). At my friends house, the game runs flawless. So it's an ISP / Router issue (Both me and my friend are using wireless routers).

I get massive spikes at home (lag / chat-delay / rubberbanding / loot-delay).
    I can't figure it out.
    Managed to get ingame by restarting the patcher and running the game again. But got dc'd some 6-8 minutes later.
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    Do you have a wireless connection? Is it only ESO? or do you suffer desynchs while streaming or browsing? other games?

Do not get me wrong, but i suffered from this in a lot of different games before. The first notice is if you are streaming videos or something and the video once in a while "desynchs" and you need to refresh the page.

I'm hard wired into the SuperHub (30mB connection) and have never experienced this problem in other online games (WoW, Warframe, Aion, EQ2 etc. etc.) I also have a fairly hefty gaming system with an Nividia GF GTX770 card. I also didn't appear to have this problem in beta so it's only since game went live.

• damage_inc74eb17_ESO
    damage_inc74eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Im stuck @ "Requesting login" after typing password
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ekeiram wrote: »
    I play from the Netherlands and have no problem's wih disconnecting or lag, not at all.
    You simply do not notice it. It is there, it is impossible to avoid the laws of nature, the latency is around a minimum of 160 ms and a maximum of almost 1000 ms in PVP. When the servers are moved to the EU, the ping will be at min of 5ms and max of 40. A much better gaming experience.

• deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ekeiram wrote: »

I'm from the Netherlands too, and I've experienced some very bad lag spikes.
    I'm an IT technician and I've ruled out all internal factors (PC performance, network performance). My PC is pretty high-end and framerates are around 50/60FPS at the moments when I'm experiencing these lag spikes, and my connection got a ping of 12/13ms 200KM abroad, to compare I play BF4 with a ping between 10/20ms with ZERO issues.

Furthermore my computers are being connected through a gigabit network, if I were playing through wireless I wouldn't complain and would know that the issues would be because of it.

I don't have the disconnects though but latency/delay is certainly noticeable (mobs warping due to packet loss, skills that won't work for 1/2 seconds or only after multiple hits on the keyboard/mouse button).

Edited by deef85b16_ESO on April 21, 2014 10:48AM
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've locked this thread due to its age and spam comments. Given that some information may be out of date, and that we do not allow spamming on our forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.