Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defeating Mannimarco.

Lanatireb17_ESO
Lanatireb17_ESO
✭✭✭
Im a lvl 41 NB. Cant beat him. Simply cant. i dont even get 10% off of his hp when im swarmed by all kinds of adds. i ran out of healing pots, i destroyed my equipment, and now i cant even get away from there?

Help!
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    He's an endurance fight and the fight gets harder the longer you go into it because you lose your npc help - they go to block the portals, but each time there is a portal a wave of adds gets through. The adds are squishy as heck, so you'll want an AoE to deal with them.

You need self heals of some variety, you need to keep enough stamina for interrupts (there's a spell he does you really need to stop) and dodges as necessary, and you'll do a lot of damage via the normal light and heavy attacks so that you can save your resources for when you need them.

This guy wants to be a god. He's not some pushover, so you're going to have to work at it some. I think once you've beat him, you'll be like most of us, just a feeling of elation cause he made you sweat some.
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I dont HAVE any selfheals. I ran out of EVERY potion i have during this fight. I died 45 times now. And the way back is BLOCKED.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    What spec of NB are you? Assassin, shadow, siphon?
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am dual wielder mainly shadow. i just wanna get OUT of there. i tried it too often. im sick of it. i dont wanna hear any strategies, i wanna know how to get OUT of there. My equipment is completely destroyed, i dont have any point in my armor left. just tell me how i can LEAVE
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    two ways I know of to get out of a quest instance - traveling to a person you are grouped with or logging out for a while - 15-20 minutes. That usually resets an instance with you at the beginning. Hope that helps. I'm not sure if it is possible to use the map to recall to a wayshrine.

I'm not a nightblade expert so I can't advise you further on how to play the fight, just sharing the tools I bring to this fight. You have Strife (which leeches health but again, I'm not sure how much), but if you haven't put points into the passives that increase healing received I'm not sure how good that is for you. Hopefully someone who knows the class better can chime in here. Good luck to you.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you join up with someone in your guild and teleport to their position?
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Mulk wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it is possible to use the map to recall to a wayshrine.
    It is not possible to use the wayshrine option. I'm stuck at the same level now, also ran out of potions, have died too many times and am looking for a way out. I also thought to back-track to the portal I came in on this map, but that didn't work as the door is closed.

I used Move to player, using a friend's character to move to. Would be nicer if there was another option out of boss-games like this.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Montanx
    Montanx
    I had to grind him down with templar and save magicka for heals. Mainly shield bashed and attacked him.
  • South_of_Heaven
    South_of_Heaven
    ✭✭✭
    As an in-game tip says: running away and returning when you are stronger is a perfectly valid tactic. Forget it for a while, return in 5 levels, with a better spec and kick his ass.
    Edited by South_of_Heaven on April 10, 2014 1:10AM
  • Skewki
    Skewki
    ✭✭
    if you go to your map, click the "locations" tab (looks like a tack) and then you can access your wayshrines after picking a location to view
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completed it last night by pure luck. Went in as level 24. I was stealthed at the beginning of the fight. Killed the 3 waves of skele adds. Then when it was time to attack him, I snuck up behind him, did a veiled strike. It got his life to maybe 85% and stunned him. Then the guy was shooting some blue beam at him told me to run away. I ran to the end of the room and ported out and said I completed the quest. Didn't kill him. I actually only hit him with 1 attack but got the skill point for finishing it up.

Was very odd.
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    How did you get the quest at level 24? I was under the impression that it was only available at level 40, seeing as it is a harborage quest and he(The Prophet) pops up only when you are the prerequisite level.
    Edited by Gelston on April 10, 2014 5:40PM
  • Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    He's thinking of the wrong fight at 24. They actually made that one even easier than it last was on PTS. Unnecessarily so. The first set of adds don't even aggro you anymore. Then you don't beat M you attack his ghost and he gets ported out of there.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh my bad. I'm mistaken then.
  • Luxucs
    Luxucs
    ✭✭✭
    It's an endurance fight. Basically just spam standard attacks at him and spam self-heals when necessary as well as nuking the adds. Use health/magicka pots when needed.

He's honestly much easier than he was on PTS. He's at 20kish HP right now and he used to be at 60kish, and dealt much more damage.

I don't really see the issue here.
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    He is probably the toughest solo boss I have encountered. Finally got him after about 5 deaths. I was very happy. I definitely had to fiddle around with my skills load out to finally get him.
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i stopped playing that character. Since i didnt skill ANY selfheals. And im not spending the 10s of thousands of gold to reskill just for a fight that every char with every set of skills should be able to do at the appropriate level. considering canceling my account actually.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually i stopped playing that character. Since i didnt skill ANY selfheals. And im not spending the 10s of thousands of gold to reskill just for a fight that every char with every set of skills should be able to do at the appropriate level. considering canceling my account actually.

Lol, really? You're going to quit rather than try a different tactic? Probably for the best then, as sustainability becomes even more important in VR content.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on April 11, 2014 1:35PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    I dont HAVE any selfheals. I ran out of EVERY potion i have during this fight. I died 45 times now. And the way back is BLOCKED.

Your a lvl 41 NB with no self heals? So there isn't Siphon ability with a self HoT on it ?

Clearly this is a player ability issue as the fight is crazy easy.

• Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zaxq wrote: »

Your a lvl 41 NB with no self heals? So there isn't Siphon ability with a self HoT on it ?

Clearly this is a player ability issue as the fight is crazy easy.

And if i didnt skill Syphoning? So your telling me im supposed to use one of three skill lines to be able to finish this quest? and if i didnt, then im screwed? Dude. thats what i said the whole time. i DID NOT ONE POINT INTO SYPHONING and i DONT HAVE THE SKILLPOINTS TO DO. Are you slow?
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go collect some skyshards and get some skillpoints and start investing in some self healing abilities. You might also want to grab a resto staff while you are at it and unlock a few of those healing abilities too.

While it's nice to think that you could try to play any build you want to, it simply isn't practical to do so. You need to be able to build a self-sustaining character in order to survive the more difficult content. You won't make it through Veteran content without it.

And, I hate to tell you this, but Mannimarco is not the last difficult encounter you will have to face.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Luxucs
    Luxucs
    ✭✭✭

Insults, now? Really? People are trying to help you here.
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    While it's nice to think that you could try to play any build you want to, it simply isn't practical to do so. You need to be able to build a self-sustaining character in order to survive the more difficult content. You won't make it through Veteran content without it.

This pretty much.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 2:37PM
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Luxucs wrote: »

Insults, now? Really? People are trying to help you here.
    Tabbycat wrote: »

This pretty much.

Sorry for the insult, but Morhawk, in his original statement before he editet it, had a pretty isnsulting gif in his message to me.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 2:37PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 dw dragonkight.

Weapon set 1:

Twin slashes(blood craze)
    Whirlwind(sta regen morph, forget name)
    Silver bolts(silver shards)
    Dark talons (burning talons )
    Molten weapons(igneous weapons)
    Dragonknight standard(standard of might)

Set 2 (sword/shield):
    Puncture(ransack)
    Searing strike(morphed for heal)
    spiked armor(no morph)
    Dark talons (burning talons)
    Dragons blood(green dragons blood)
    Dragonknight standard(standard of might)

Partial tank build, mostly dps. Went in with full ultimate. Shot him with silver shards to cause my companions to rush in. Jump in, blood craze, swap, searing strike, spiked armor, swap, standard, light him ip like a christmas tree. WW summons and keep green dragons blood flowing and feeding me stamina. Pop magicka pots instead. Roll out of booms if I wont get out by rolling. Interrupt channel. Talons ghosts.

Rebuild ultimate. Light his arse up on third portal.

Excellent fight but I fear for my friend and other classes. This is a lot of fancy footwork. On top of it, the bone colossi I spent the entire fight talonsing the skeles and bolting. Kiting. Stupid.
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i did eventually defeat him. At level 47. Barely. With luck. After spending 15k gold on a complete skill reset. With all purple gear.
    Working as intended?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently. My friend... Im afraid. He cant skip these before vet content. I dont even think he can gain vet ranks without it.

He cant kite.
    More than two mobs is hard as hell. More than three is a death sentence.

This is the stuff I get called over to do *for* people but this guys physically impossible to do it for without 2k airfare and my passport to hurry the hell up and get here. Im on the west coast, America. Hes in friggin Sweden. Yeah...

Heres hoping they nerf the crap out of this quest chain before his level 21 backside gets there.
  • TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i did eventually defeat him. At level 47. Barely. With luck. After spending 15k gold on a complete skill reset. With all purple gear.
    Working as intended?

Sounds broken to me.

Fuzzball of the Ashen hand
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
  • mfritzlen
    mfritzlen
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I tried it as a level 20 Templar and gave up after 5 deaths. Now I don't even have the quest anymore. Definitely broken :?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re: getting out, just open your map and port to a wayshrine.

I beat Mannimarco as a level 42 Nightblade. I'm primarily bow/assassination, but for bosses I tend to switch to my dual-wield/siphoning config (both of wich are very under-leveled, bow and assassination were both over 40 when I fought him and dual-wield and siphoning were under 20).

So I used the dual-wield and siphoning combo to take him down. Pretty much had to keep the siphon health active going the entire fight.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Goss
    Goss
    I got absolutely smoked as a level 41 nightblade using duel whielding. Then I switched to my bow and it was a joke. Siphon to keep your health up, use magnum shot to keep the adds off you and chip away at his health with venom shot and auto attacks. Save potions to keep magicka siphon up.
This discussion has been closed.