The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting a Blue Screen sometimes?

RjxVengeance
Hi, I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, or if it's my computer, or the game. The game runs fine for a while sometimes an hour sometimes 10 mins, then it will blue screen and my computer will restart, it's done this about 10 times and I'm not sure why, I've gone in the device manager and checked for driver updates but they all say up to date. Any info would be helpful thanks, Also I run other games fine with no blue screen issues it's just ESO, my specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4
HD Radeon 7770 GHz
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
  • GanjaDemon
    Blue screens are normally a hardware issue, but they also tell you where the problem is.
    Have a look next time for the location of the error and then look up that code online or post it here so people can help.
  • sebastien.montaudb16_ESO
    I've got a Blue screen too with ESO only...
  • wrecktifier
    I have been getting blue screens today every since loading the patch and only in ESO
  • pat02468prerb18_ESO
    unplayable
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    GanjaDemon wrote: »
    Blue screens are normally a hardware issue, but they also tell you where the problem is.
    Have a look next time for the location of the error and then look up that code online or post it here so people can help.

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be more to the point, check your error log in Windows.

Post the error here and the tech savvy amongst us can research the issue and a possible resolution.

If your system is set up to post a minidump, attach it to the forum.
  • ThommyGunn
    Alot of times a blue screen is a precursor to a bad hard drive. If ESO or driver files are on bad sector, once they try to get read it will blue screen.

While your checking on the info for the above suggestions, id highly recommended backing up your data while you still have access to the drive. I work IT for the government and see this fairly often as systems lifecycles are coming close.
    It can be other issues too, but id be safe and grab data as you can and prepare for the worse.

Good luck friend,
    TG
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives." ~ William Wallace

Be sure to check out my ESO music Vid and enjoy, more to come;
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=So1KVBx2IPQ
  • Bighits
    Bighits
    ✭✭
    Then why does it only happen in ESO if it's a hardware problem? All the other games I play are fine.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as the discussion is over five years old and some information is outdated. You are welcome to start a new discussion if you cannot find a current thread about crash issues. If you are encountering crashes while playing ESO, you can find troubleshooting in our help article linked below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.