Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

Trenia
Trenia
✭✭✭
We can't raid because people are crashing between each add pull. Crashing is worse than it has ever been on Xbox.

Edit: Xbox raiding, PVP, and arenas out of commission for two weeks. Crown store fixes go through instantly. We are waiting till October 6th for a POSSIBLE fix. Elden ring will be out shortly. Don't worry boys. The failure to expedite a fix is poor customer service.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 9, 2022 12:36AM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats ZOS on reintroducing one of your favorite PvP attractions.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    We can't pvp, load into houses, go into a bank, use a wayshrine, dungeon runs or craft anything without being dc'd. The game is totally unplayable after this morning's patch. I'm on xbox series x.
    This is getting ridiculous every patch/update/maintenance makes playing this game harder and harder and yet it keeps happening instead of finding a fix. Please fix this so we can at least play for more than a minute or two.
  • SoDamnMoist
    SoDamnMoist
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah we ended up calling raid for my Godslayer team. Couldn't make the ice burn due to dps DCing and our Ice Healer or a tank DCing is an instant rip.
    Edited by SoDamnMoist on September 23, 2021 12:57AM
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    Very unplayable. It's not one thing crashing us, it's anything. Going through a door, engage an NPC, loot a quest box, existing, etc. It's usually around 5 min in between. I'm on Series X.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    This is insane. How can there not be an official response on this? I literally can't play anything without getting disconnected.

The worst part is we'll get a response that "they're looking into it" and because of the way patches work on console, we may not get a fix for weeks. Just awesome 👌
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    Hearing a ton of stories of crashing issues on the Xbox side. Seems to be mostly Series X|S related, but I think a few OG xbox people are also experiencing the problem albeit not as frequent @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never called the game unplayable before. But I literally can't load my main now without the game immediately crashing.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d have sympathy. But instead, I’ll welcome you all to the club. Been increasingly worse week by week. Today took the cake though.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not only dashboards me, its actually freezes my xbox series X. I have to turn off my xbox entirely by pressing the button manually. Been happening last patch too
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    They nerf one set and fix some fishing bug in wrothgar and now my game has crashed after every 3 minute period. Entirely unplayable even with new Xbox
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening here too, series x.
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we ran a VSS last night and a lot of people were crashing during the trial. Went into PvP same thing with the crashing.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have just been playing 90 minutes on an old xbox one S (not the new series s).

No crash at all.
    NA and EU, crimson cove public dungeon, and 2 quests for the dragonguard (ethruin in graathwood and the akaviri soldier grave in deshaan).
    In addition crafted 20-30 furniture to fill up trader slots.

Maybe this feedback helps to encircle the issue, as it indicates that the old xbox versions run stable at first sight.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 23, 2021 11:36AM
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    I guess zos gave consoles pairity by nerfing the xbox series, great now we can disconnect just as much as the ps5
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I was randomly crashing to dashboard constantly last night, each time having to reset brightness & screen setting again.

@ZOS_Kevin Can you get someone to look into this save us having to jump through multiple automated tickets telling us all to check our internet and restart the console etc.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the information, all. Letting you know we've seen this thread and are actively investigating. We'll let you know if we need any additional info.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information, all. Letting you know we've seen this thread and are actively investigating. We'll let you know if we need any additional info.

Thanks for the acknowledgement :)
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Avandri
    Avandri
    ✭✭
    Glad to see an update and you're looking into this! I am also seeing issues on the series x since Wednesday's patch. Unfortunately my main is stuck in a load screen crash loop after trying to zone into silent halls. So avoid that place for now because it will lock you out of that character. Super unfortunate that it was my main...

Also experienced crashes to the home screen in random zones just moving about.

My husband also had issues last night on his series x in cyro. Wouldn't be too surprising but cyro had been running pretty okay for him prior to the patch.

The game is virtually unplayable, as is my main character who is caught in the infinite load crash loop.

All in all, really disappointing. Is this the only game who consistently breaks something every time they try to fix things? Never have I ever encountered so many problems. You've got to be making a ton of money from your dedicated player base. Hire more people or hire better people.
    Edited by Avandri on September 27, 2021 6:43PM
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have just been playing 90 minutes on an old xbox one S (not the new series s).

No crash at all.
    NA and EU, crimson cove public dungeon, and 2 quests for the dragonguard (ethruin in graathwood and the akaviri soldier grave in deshaan).
    In addition crafted 20-30 furniture to fill up trader slots.

Maybe this feedback helps to encircle the issue, as it indicates that the old xbox versions run stable at first sight.

Also not happening on my xbox one s. Logged in earlier to get daily endeavors boxed-off (pretty inefficiently so about 20 min) and ran a couple of dungeons (about 40 min). No issues at all.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Avandri wrote: »
    Unfortunately my main is stuck in a load screen crash loop after trying to zone into silent halls.

This sounds like the early days of Wrothgar! Put a ticket in and get them to move your char for you.
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    Crashes amongst other issues in vCR and vRG
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭
    Crashed 5 or 6 times in 2 hours. Series X. 4 others in the team were crashing regularly too. All Series X.

Any chance the awful performance since Series X was released is a major reason the server population is dead?
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went on for an hour yesterday after the update and it seemed to be working fine on XB1. I'm about to go on it again, so we'll see.
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    Went to raid last night (vKA HM).

Travel to instance- 2 crashes. Group up head in - 1 crash at first add pull. Continue forward - 3 crashes at add pull before 1st boss. Continue forward, 3 crashes mid pull, almost every pull - different people.

All in all, attempted to raid for ~30 mins, got no where but the dashboard.

We have a 2nd core this evening that will probably go the same way.

Thank you for your acknowledgement @ZOS_GinaBruno , will we be able to get some sort of incremental? At this point I can promise you - your dedicated players would rather have a day or 2 of complete downtime and come back to a working game then to continue forward with the crashes and bugs.

Its frustrating hearing my teams get upset and not be able to progress content that we love.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've crashed 3 times this morning on ps4 in about 45 minutes. All were in summerset. Just doing routine stuff.
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    Lag has become a big issue over the last hour, on top of crashes (Series X)
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had numerous crashes while playing including some that have fully shut down and locked out the Xbox for several minutes. We're not talking exiting the game to Home Screen but full on power off crashes of the whole system. There doesn't seem to be any consistent cause. Happened when fighting world bosses, walking around Leyawiin, editing champion points, and doing daily writs.

NA server and Xbox Series X

Edited by Dalsinthus on September 23, 2021 6:38PM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s honestly incredible how ZOS has avoided lawsuits.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t been able to play for a couple of days and now seeing this, I am happy!
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing for 3hrs now, not a single problem. XB1.
This discussion has been closed.