Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very upset old lady.

Lady_Blue
Lady_Blue
Soul Shriven
I bought the Collector's edition of Blackwood from CDkeys and applied the key to my new account. I then purchased ESO plus. When I went to play I found I couldn't as the game hadn't activated on the account properly. I made a ticket [210905-007504] and soon the game was activated and I could play. However the ESO plus had not been applied so I responded to the ticket to let them know. I then received a reply saying ESO plus was not applied because of the initial problem activating the game as there was nothing to apply ESO plus to, and that the cost had been refunded so I could set it up again. Unfortunately when I went to do that I saw that my game had gone and was marked refunded. Refunded how and to where? I replied again to the ticket and was greeted with the response that the seller had requested the key to be deactivated. CDkeys have not made this request at all, so now I have no game and no money. I had even bought the £7:99 crown starter pack as well. I am a pensioner and cannot afford to throw money away like this, it took me a while to save it up, and I certainly can't afford to buy it all over again. As you can imagine I am very upset and near to tears, I feel like I've been robbed. I'm also not able to do get my daily login reward and as I was not able to start playing until the 8th Sept and I've now been without the game for another 3 days I'm not going to get the 100,000 gold which as you can imagine is a lot of gold to a new player. Please can someone look into this and sort it out for me.
  • Lady_Blue
    Lady_Blue
    Soul Shriven
    I have just received another reply to my ticket and have been informed that my key has been de-activated because I bought it from CDkeys. I am astounded. CDkeys has a 5* reputation and is not known to sell bad keys, and yet my key is de-activated for no other reason than where I purchased it without even checking its validity. I am so far not getting a very good impression of Elder Scrolls Online and I still feel like I have been stolen from. I have made a ticket to CDkeys informing them of the situation and am now waiting to hear what they have to say.

[Snip]

[Edited to Remove Discussion with Support]
    Edited by Psiion on September 16, 2021 3:34AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an awfully big mess and i would call the efforts from ZOS to resolve this "lackluster" at best.
    blink.gif

Good luck, i hope you get this all sorted out.
    If you are on PC, what is your @name in-game? I'll send you some gold.
    bye1.gif

• Lady_Blue
    Lady_Blue
    Soul Shriven
    That is a lovely gesture SirAndy. I am @Lady_Blue, but right now I don't even have a game. Hopefully if I ever manage to get this resolved and am able to play, I would love to talk to you in game.
  • Lady_Blue
    Lady_Blue
    Soul Shriven
    Well I have heard back from CDkeys who have very kindly refunded my money. They are however continuing to investigate in order to ascertain as to why a perfectly good key was rejected. For myself I have bought the standard base game for now, and do not know at this point if I will ever buy the expansion again or any other for that matter, as I have been left with a sour taste in my mouth.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Blue wrote: »
    Well I have heard back from CDkeys who have very kindly refunded my money. They are however continuing to investigate in order to ascertain as to why a perfectly good key was rejected. For myself I have bought the standard base game for now, and do not know at this point if I will ever buy the expansion again or any other for that matter, as I have been left with a sour taste in my mouth.

It appears there are two sides to this story. ZOS is saying the key is bad and CDKeys is saying it's good.

If it were me, I'd place more trust in ZOS to know if their keys are good or bad instead of a 3rd party seller, regardless of their feedback. ZOS may try to hide certain things, but they are not in the habit of outright lying about something like this. I would have much less faith in CDkeys who likely would act like they have no idea what's happening, even though they know exactly where they got those keys from and I guarantee it wasn't directly from ZOS at full value.

Long story short, if you want to put the blame on someone and not buy anything in the future, I'd stay away from 3rd party sellers, even if it appears they have a great deal. There is always a reason they can somehow sell for less than the actual first party manufacturer.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really frustrating. I'm glad you got your money back.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update on this situation. With the code issue now taken care of, we will be closing out this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.