Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't log in on ESO website -- Can't access account or download launcher

edemiljorwb17_ESO
edemiljorwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Despite all efforts I am unable to log into the ESO website (https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/login).
When I enter my username and password nothing happens.
I tried this on both my PC and my phone. I also tried both Chrome and Edge. Nothing works.
No, I don't need a password reset. Already asked for support and that's what they told me. It didn't work.
I still can't log in.

Any help would be appreciated.
I can't test my username and password on the launcher as I can't download the launcher without logging into the website.
What a useless system.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    same
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a problem processing your request, please try again!
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Same, was booted from PTS, now can't log in, said incorrect details, and also can't access account website at all.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just finished a maintenence, so might be related to that, let's wait till they figure it out.
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    Having this exact same issue via website and launcher. I thought my account was hacked but I see no new e-mails from them at all, so I doubt anything did happen. I even have 2 step authentication on as well if I'm not mistaken but can't get logged in to check.
    PC/Xbox One - NA
  • LatinoShaman59
    LatinoShaman59
    ✭✭✭
    Unable to login as well.

Maybe it's too soon since the maintenance?
  • curtis337
    curtis337
    ✭✭
    same is this game ever going to run normal
  • mrfr0sty
    mrfr0sty
    ✭✭
    Same, cannot login to game or website
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    same
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • BoFitz
    BoFitz
    same
    @LunchMeatAlpha = ingame @ name........
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    same
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • Sharlikran
    Sharlikran
    ✭✭✭
    What bothers me is that they downplay it as if some people can not access their accounts. Most people in the guilds I am in are all saying on Discord that they can not access their accounts. Nobody seems to be able to. In addition to that you can not access your account from the ESO website even after resting the password.

What I wish is that they would simply acknowledge that there are login issues for the website and the game both. Then give us an update although I expect it to be vague such as "We will let you know more information as we are investigating" or whatever.
    Edited by Sharlikran on April 27, 2020 1:23PM
  • Smile2342
    Smile2342
    ✭✭
    Same, I can't log into game or account on website but forum is working.
  • Sharlikran
    Sharlikran
    ✭✭✭
    They did post about an hour ago on twitter that they are investigating login issues but they keep stating the ESO Megaserver. I feel they should know that it's not just the Megaserver and it is our accounts in general. They could still be doing some kind of maintenance and it isn't finished but knowing what is going on would be nice.
  • Cambion2401
    Cambion2401
    ✭✭✭
    Same. In game I get the following pop-up, which kinda worries me. Kinda looks like they somehow either accidentally blocked/inactivated many people, or have an error in whatever piece of code checks credentials with their database. On the website, I get a general "There was a problem processing your request, please try again!" message. Hope the devs can fix it soon, or at least ensure us we won't loose anything we did the past years. I've played on this account since 2014 or so, would hate to loose stuff that I achieved in that time, especially since it seems a bug on their side...

8033rlboor58.png

@Sharlikran Isn't the ESO megaserver also the place where credentials are stored for both website and the game tho? Any good database would not have double instances of the same data as that increases the chance on issues with changes in data drastically, so they probably just have accounts stored only on one place which both the site and the game accesses. That way website and in-game are always on one line with what you own and what your credentials are. The database in which it's stored could be stored on the megaserver. Considering we can access the forums which is a different account which could be stored somewhere else, I think it makes sense to say we can't access the ESO megaserver as they likely just store our whole account on there.
    Edited by Cambion2401 on April 27, 2020 1:50PM
    Started ESO: February 2015
    99% solo PvE'er
    PC-EU
  • Callindor
    Callindor
    Same - dead in the water.
  • BraveBaldrick
    Funny how we can all access the forum but nothing else. I'm guessing the forum is not held on the megaservers
  • Callindor
    Callindor
    I just had to reset my password to the forum so yes it is not the same as the game account.
  • LiTiSh
    LiTiSh
    Soul Shriven
    Same ..
    Support ticket #200427-003637. After years of regular maintenance still having this issue is embarrasing.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same, both my wife and I are getting the password incorrect popup, and cannot login to My Account on the website.
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how we can all access the forum but nothing else. I'm guessing the forum is not held on the megaservers

As far as I remember, the forums have always been separate. Even if you logged into the main website or your account management page, you still had to log into the forums separately. Even the passwords are maintained separately and can (and should) be different from each other.
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* same...getting incorrect password message....
  • Callindor
    Callindor
    My game account on the website is also disabled for me.
  • aflemos79
    aflemos79
    Soul Shriven
    Same here..

9ycl4kp2xs6n.png

Ill bet its related to this.
    It's been going on all day.
  • Briolase
    Briolase
    ✭✭✭
    I can't log in either. And apparently can't put in a support ticket either.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now we cannot cancel subs! ESO Forever!
  • specniart
    specniart
    Soul Shriven
    i can log in forums and site now but still not in game.
  • Callindor
    Callindor
    They finally updated the "announcement" section saying the NA Megaserver is down for maintenance.
This discussion has been closed.