Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blue Screens? Are we fixing this? Feedback plz?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
About half or my once active 400 person guild has quit, not because they hate the game, but because we are a PvP guild but can't play. You wait in Q for 30 minutes, then blue screen and half the time get whacked out of Cyrodil...

I have amazing internet, it's not my system..
What gets me is
- you cut back graphics, I can't even see my allies AOE's anymore
- you modified CP to be more efficient
- you changed skills limiting CC"s and stuns
- you changed population

yet the game now runs worse than what it did two years ago. I'm rather heavily invested in this game and don't really feel like starting another one. I meet with the same friends every Friday and we've been playing for 4 years.... but this simply isn't working

ARE YOU EVEN AWARE? IS THIS SATISFACTORY?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About half or my once active 400 person guild has quit, not because they hate the game, but because we are a PvP guild but can't play. You wait in Q for 30 minutes, then blue screen and half the time get whacked out of Cyrodil...

What gets me is
    - you changed population

yet the game now runs worse than what it did two years ago. I'm rather heavily invested in this game and don't really feel like starting another one. I meet with the same friends every Friday and we've been playing for 4 years.... but this simply isn't working

A pretty good description. Its astounding how absolutely every performance improvement so far has resulted in worse performance. Deer and other wildlife removed from Cyrodiil, AoEs hidden, population shrinking and nothing seems to make performance better, just worse after every single update.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree ZoS “Improvements” have been far from it blue screen is a hardware problem unless it’s like a memory leak. If the game crashes and the computer is still running it’s the game of the whole system clocks out it’s your computer.

But with ZoS it could very well be their fault.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree ZoS “Improvements” have been far from it blue screen is a hardware problem unless it’s like a memory leak. If the game crashes and the computer is still running it’s the game of the whole system clocks out it’s your computer.

Most likely a PS4 player. Our “blue screen” is a memory leak software error. We call it a blue screen because the game does a crash to desktop and the error message screen is blue.

We have sadly had at least 5-6 recent threads on this. It’s not a PC Blue Screen of Death. It’s a memory leak plague exacerbated greatly by the Dragonhold DLC that Monday’s patch didn’t really fix for most of us.
    Edited by DragonRacer on December 7, 2019 5:37AM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert can you say more than “we’re working on it”? The Monday patch did literally nothing. Pvp is complete chaos and every combat causes half my group to bluescreen.

Pvp was so bad I came to do Pvp daily dungeons and I’ve been sitting in a Q for 30 min as a dps. THEN I got a healer friend to join and we have been waiting 45 min. That’s crazy. Game runs like trash and u keep releasing more 14k crown houses and furniture packs
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and I also went to go kill dragons (since this entire year has been focused on killing them) and I blue screened 2 times..... neat
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blue screens are so blue. the blue color is calm and peaceful. its often used to decorate offices because research has shown that people are more productive in blue rooms. do you know that blue is described as a favorite color by many people and is the color most preferred by men?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not addressed at all it seems. 5 crashes today in 3 hours.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blue screens are so blue. the blue color is calm and peaceful. its often used to decorate offices because research has shown that people are more productive in blue rooms. do you know that blue is described as a favorite color by many people and is the color most preferred by men?

https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of them noted that they have fixes being tested. The asinine part about that is they're cheap *** and won't roll them out until later this month, leaving us to suffer even longer.

They'll use the same excuse they always do- "oh Sony certification takes time...". Meanwhile my other games, after an update goes funk, gets updates rolled out 4 times in one week after bug reports...
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand how you all are having issues, i played 5 hours str8 healing in PvP NA PC, no crashes.

I've done this all week. What are you playing on?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CONSOLE. THIS IS A CONSOLE PROBLEM. LITERALLY BEEN MULTIPLE THREADS ON THE FORUM THIS WEEK ABOUT THE PS4 BLUE SCREEN MEMORY LEAK SOFTWARE ISSUE.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONSOLE. THIS IS A CONSOLE PROBLEM. LITERALLY BEEN MULTIPLE THREADS ON THE FORUM THIS WEEK ABOUT THE PS4 BLUE SCREEN MEMORY LEAK SOFTWARE ISSUE.

👀
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwuzI8Y0uW0
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What gets me is
    - you changed population

Please mention that you're talking about PS4. Because PC "shmaster race" keeps downplaying our issues
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely a PS4 player. Our “blue screen” is a memory leak software error. We call it a blue screen because the game does a crash to desktop and the error message screen is blue.

We have sadly had at least 5-6 recent threads on this. It’s not a PC Blue Screen of Death. It’s a memory leak plague exacerbated greatly by the Dragonhold DLC that Monday’s patch didn’t really fix for most of us.

Everything with this game on console just seems to be just wrong or broken. If this is PS4 it’s 100% the games fault
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update posted here, we are currently looking into this issue with blue screen crashes. Since there are multiple threads about Blue Screen crashes on the PS4 we will be closing this one. You can continue discussion and find troubleshooting in the thread linked below.

Blue screens in trials
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.