The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what happening to scammers?

RealBlue
RealBlue
Hello all, I just wanted buy crowns form one of seller. [snip] , I send him the gold and he just disappeared. I opened support ticket for this but I don't know what happening to that scammer? also will I get my gold back? ( P.S. I also have screenshot from our conversation). I am sure Eso will see all the chat details and transfer form the records. If anyone else have experience please tell me what will happen to that scammer after all?

[Edit for naming and shaming.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 3, 2019 7:43PM
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't tell you. And highly unlikely. But, a perfect example of why I don't do any trading with other players.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Naming and shaming is prohibited
    2. They will never told you what happens to reported person
    3. You might get your gold back if it's first time and support is in a good mood
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Service won't tell you (or anyone) about the actions taken, so there's no solid answer.
    I've heard of people getting their gold back from customer service, but they didn't do it for me. Chances may be better if you record the whole interaction, so I suggest doing that next time.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never ever send gold first. If guy don't want to gift you first - he is the scammer.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

We are closing this thread as do not allow Naming and Shaming on the forums. Scammer cases are reviewed on a case by case basis and handled accordingly (by a team different from Forum Moderators). The best way to report scammers is by using the in-game report feature. If a player is out of range and you happen to have screenshots, then the next best thing would be to submit a ticket with our support staff so that the case can be reviewed and handled accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.