Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change campaigns without penalty ?

WAMB0
WAMB0
✭✭✭
Hi there,

I've tried now several times, but I always end up with the notice that I'd have to pay 100k AP/Gold... and I dont really think that should be the case.

I have lets say 4 red chars in the 30 days CP capaign, 3 blue in 30 days nonCP, and mixxed in the 7days CP.
None of my chars stay in Cyrodiil when I log out, I always port out (to Mournhold or Vivec City)
All campaign end, and eventually I wanna go PVP again. (NEW 30 day campgains and also NEW 7 day camp)

But I can neither: Change the 30day campaign to another faction (like setting home 30d CP for a yellow), or move a red char from the 30 to the 7day campaign.
I also cannot move another red char from the 7day to the 30day campaign.

In my understanding, after a campaign has ended, and I did neither enter it with a char, nor have any char parked in cyro, this campaign should become free to choose in the following round.
Same with a char, that has not played in any campaign since its home campaign has ended. It should be free.

So where is my mistake? What is a proper way to change campaigns? The only way I see at the moment is leaving out a full campaign rotation, and choosing "change after current campaign ends"...

Is this what everybody is experiencing? Is there a working procedure?
  • Legendzerox
    Legendzerox
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to faction swap a campaign, you need to pay the fee. I don't want people just swapping whenever they feel like it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct procedure if you want to pay no penalty should be "change after current campaign ends". You'll stay homed to your current campaign until it ends, and then your character will be released to re-home to a different campaign.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't try to abandon a campaign, just select a new campaign to home. When you select a new campaign to home, you get an option to do it for free after the campaign ends. You can put all you characters in the current 7 day, and when that campaign get deleted on the 21st, you can move them again for free.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    @Legendzerox I dont want ppl to just answer whenever they feel like it, I wish they read the post before.
    Its not about whenever, its about "in the next campaign".

@VaranisArano @Ackwalan
    That would mean I have to choose it before the new campaign starts, if I dont play for 2 months, I would have to use clairvoyance and choose 3 months in advance.
    Am I the only one who feels this is not how it's meant to be?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, no, month long PVP campaigns aren't particularly well designed for taking two month breaks, no offense.

It does require some forethought if you want to swap home campaigns for free, as there are two options to swap at all:
    A. No forethought, "I want to swap now" where you pay to swap
    B. Forethought, where you set it ahead of time leave at the end of your current campaign for free

Its designed to encourage players to stick it out in their home campaign as opposed to swapping to whatever is easier at the moment. No doubt this was more effective when we had more competitive campaigns than we do now.

Also, note that swapping home campaigns is different than swapping faction on a faction-locked campaign. All you should have to do there is make sure you enter Cyrodiil on the faction you intend to after the new campaign starts and stay for more than 5 minutes. Once locked, you'll be on that faction until the next campaign starts. It is a separate process - I was happy to be locked to EP, but forgot to home my character on PC/NA Kaal until after I'd already earned 100k AP as a Guest.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    @L I dont want ppl to just answer whenever they feel like it, I wish they read the post before.

@V @A
    That would mean I have to choose it before the new campaign starts, if I dont play for 2 months, I would have to use clairvoyance and choose 3 months in advance.

It's made that way, so people don't switch sides daily. This helps to prevent trolling. Notice I said, helps to prevent, not prevents all trolling.

• WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    @L I dont want ppl to just answer whenever they feel like it, I wish they read the post before.

@V @A

It's made that way, so people don't switch sides daily. This helps to prevent trolling. Notice I said, helps to prevent, not prevents all trolling.

No change daily possible if its another campaign? - Its just the wrong means. Obviously you char should be locked to that campaign once you played in it as home while it is on. But when its reset, yeah you should be rewarded for staying, but it shouldnt be that heavy penalty to home another for the month - even after it started, without having played.

So what happens if I choose on 3 chars of different alliances the same 30day campaign as "set as home once this one ends" ?
    It will be locked to the alliance I first spent 5 minutes in? Can I at least then choose the home campaign freely for the other alliances?

But yeah, I kinda saw faction/char lock as a combined issue... If I find a "free" char, I now how to change faction at least.

Edited by WAMB0 on October 14, 2019 11:50PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, once set your Home campaign is set until you change it. That's usually a good thing because that way PVPers don't have to remember to re-home their campaign each month. Rarely, ZOS will reset everyone's campaign or allow free resets when they change up the campaigns. With a new campaign starting up with Dragonhold, you might keep an eye out on the Patch Notes at release to see if ZOS does it then.

I don't know how ZOS would handle 2 different faction characters who homed a faction-locked campaign but were locked out in favor of the 3rd faction.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    So. I just experienced something new.

I logged onto a blue char, that was on kaalgrontid before. I could change Home for free, but did not do it. I ported into the new standard campaign. And suddenly it told me I "recently changed my home campaign". Its still on the old kaalgrontid. I changed nothing.

Now pls dont tell me that is intended?
    Edit: Nvm, I filed a bugreport.
    Edited by WAMB0 on October 22, 2019 7:30AM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I switched to EP from AD, I had to pay 100k per character to remove them from Kaal. I had a ton of toons in Kaal and it was very expensive! I can’t imagine being new and even having that amount of AP.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse now!

After not playing ANY PVP for a month or more (= campaign ended in between), I wanted to free the alliance locked campaign for another alliance.
    I had to pay up for every character that had it set as HOME, and it went like: relog: "char A is has this as home, change it"
    - relog, pay up - relog "char C has this still as home" - relog, pay up - relog "char X...."
    A really stupid procedure.

But the best part is:
    To set a new home campaign to the char that I had to pay to leave a campaign (that it never even entered), the game wants me to pay again???? WTF? This cant be intended.
    Someone please check this behaviour and apply some logic to it. Fore example if I have 10 chars that never entered a campaign, there should be a max amount to pay and a way to "unlock" that campaign without relogging 10 times.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed. If anyone would like to continue discussion on this topic, feel free to create a new thread with current information. Thank you for your understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.