The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Create New Characters

MrSkeletor
MrSkeletor
Soul Shriven
Whenever I try to create a new character, my game gets stuck in an infinite loading screen after character creation!
When I close the game and relaunch it, everything is fine until I get to the character selection screen. I can see my new toon, but get stuck in another infinite load when i try to log in with it. All my other characters load perfectly fine.

Please sort this issue ZOS! I wanna level a warden tank/healer :(
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a repair
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • MrSkeletor
    MrSkeletor
    Soul Shriven
    Just realised I posted this in the wrong section, oops.
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Try a repair

Repairs don't work for me. I've tried in the past but they take hours only to tell me the repair was corrupted or failed and to try again.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrSkeletor wrote: »
    Just realised I posted this in the wrong section, oops.
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Try a repair

Repairs don't work for me. I've tried in the past but they take hours only to tell me the repair was corrupted or failed and to try again.

If the repair fails, it is a sure sign of something really broke. You may need to do a complete new download. Save your character files in a separate folder, and completely delete all things related to ESO. Then do a fresh download and install. Run the game, see if everything is fine. I understand being reluctant because of the time and hassle to do this, but if the repair does not work, ZOS probably won't be able to fix whatever is wrong.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO doesn't have character files, it is all server side.

The addon files are saved in a separate location.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this discussion as it is a duplicate of the thread linked below.

Can't Create New Characters
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.