Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get rid of the tedium of daily crafting writs?

PizzaCat82
PizzaCat82
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Every 3 days I am extremely envious of my PC counterparts as I have to do 3 days worth of writs for 15 characters, which takes me around 6-7 hours and makes me want to not play this game ever again.

Luckily I get the urge to play again the following day but it'd be great to make these a tad bit more automated. Multicrafting helps a tiny bit but for 90% of it its still the same
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were not for crafting add-ons on PC, I would not ever do blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking, or jewelry writs. Too annoying.

Consumables, at least, you can stock up on what you need.

ZOS really needs to make more of the QOL add-on functionalities available for consoles.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 11, 2019 4:08PM
  • Kosbert
    Kosbert
    ✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Every 3 days I am extremely envious of my PC counterparts as I have to do 3 days worth of writs for 15 characters, which takes me around 6-7 hours and makes me want to not play this game ever again.

Luckily I get the urge to play again the following day but it'd be great to make these a tad bit more automated. Multicrafting helps a tiny bit but for 90% of it its still the same

Classical "I dont wanna put effort into something but I want the full reward". Enjoy WoW Classic, dear WoW Refugee!
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »

Classical "I dont wanna put effort into something but I want the full reward". Enjoy WoW Classic, dear WoW Refugee!

I am putting in the effort. Much more than PC players. Should we get rid of Multi-crafting because it takes less effort?

Posts like this make me wonder what you consider a good MMORPG and what you'd consider enough effort to be enough.

Also, I'm on console, and I've been playing this game since it came out.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on September 11, 2019 3:32PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do them if you do not want to. There is nothing about them that is absolutely necessary.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC but don't use addons for crafting, but I agree with @Kosbert . If you don't like doing writs, don't do them. If you want the rewards from writs, bite the bullet and do them.

One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you, you don’t have to do writs?
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish the weapons and armor would stack so I could make a bunch at once, like the food and pots.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I play on PC but don't use addons for crafting, but I agree with @Kosbert . If you don't like doing writs, don't do them. If you want the rewards from writs, bite the bullet and do them.

One question, though. How can you do "3 days worth of writs"? AFAIK you can only do 1 writ per profession per day. At best, if writs work like other dailies you would be able to do 2 of each (the ones you picked up on a previous day and the ones from the day you logged in to do them).

The 3 days repeat themselves. I could do as many days as my inventory would hold,

My question is why is it okay for PC players to be able to insta-complete writs but not anyone else?

I will remind you that I do daily writs on 15 characters, spending the better part of a day doing it. I am not lazy. I am not a WOW refuge who wants everything handed to them.

I just want this game to be fun, and everyone seems perfectly happy with PC players able to insta-turn thiese in, but apparently I'm the entitled one.

I just want this game to be fun, and everyone seems perfectly happy with PC players able to insta-turn thiese in, but apparently I'm the entitled one.[/quote]

"What if I told you, you don’t have to do writs?" - I would tell you that you are in the wrong thread and are probably a troll.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on September 11, 2019 3:46PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 3 days repeat themselves. I could do as many days as my inventory would hold,

My question is why is it okay for PC players to be able to insta-complete writs but not anyone else?

I will remind you that I do daily writs on 15 characters, spending the better part of a day doing it. I am not lazy. I am not a WOW refuge who wants everything handed to them.

I just want this game to be fun, and everyone seems perfectly happy with PC players able to insta-turn thiese in, but apparently I'm the entitled one.

Don't do them. Simple. If the game starts to feel like a job to you, stop playing. Simple. It is all right to play other games or not to certain things in this game. I don't PvP. At all. I only do writs on one or 2 toons a day. Life goes on.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

Don't do them. Simple. If the game starts to feel like a job to you, stop playing. Simple. It is all right to play other games or not to certain things in this game. I don't PvP. At all. I only do writs on one or 2 toons a day. Life goes on.

I'm just going to ignore posts like this from further on, since it doesn't provide any constructive points to argue against.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. We should just get free crafting stuff for just logging in.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just going to ignore posts like this from further on, since it doesn't provide any constructive points to argue against.

Maybe tell us what makes you feel like you need to do them on 15 toons? Then maybe we might have something more to contribute then just saying, don't do them if they feel like work to you?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe tell us what makes you feel like you need to do them on 15 toons? Then maybe we might have something more to contribute then just saying, don't do them if they feel like work to you?

I need money and vouchers and its one of the better ways to get it, short of selling crowns or carries.

But yeah, ignore the fact that 1.its already available to PC players, and no one's complaining about it theere.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making it easier to Mass Produce does not make for a better game.

You choose to Mass Produce, you need to put in the effort.

Me, outside of the Anniversary event, I don't do writs anymore. But even when i was doing them on 14 Alts, i never thought it was a good idea to automate this processes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC players insta-complete writs??? Must be some add-on I guess... I don’t use any add-ons and do the daily crafting writs with at least my higher level characters as it’s my main source of income and the other rewards are great too for my main crafter. Sure, it’s not the most exciting part of the game, so I often do it when I wouldn’t have time for questing or my attention is divided on something else. Anyway, I’m glad that they’re a part of the game! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 11, 2019 9:09PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to second what others have said.

if you don't feel the reward is worth the effort, don't do them.

if you feel it is, you will do them

It's basic economics. YOU get to decide if they are worthwhile for the time YOU spend, nobody else can make that determination.

I can guarantee that I wouldn't do as many as I currently do on PC without the aid of add-ons to help me. There are even days I skip doing writs because there are other things I'd rather do (either in-game or in real life).

Making that decision is called being an adult. You're not lazy for not wanting to do them. I applaud you for making them as manageable as possible. But what do you expect us to do?

However, your decision to immediately dismiss anybody's claims who go against yours is very childlike, and will certainly not garner you any sympathy.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Kosbert
    Kosbert
    ✭✭

I need money and vouchers and its one of the better ways to get it, short of selling crowns or carries.

But yeah, ignore the fact that 1.its already available to PC players, and no one's complaining about it theere.

Exactly that attitude was the reason why Blizzard had to release a patch from 2004 to save their game! This Insta gratification bs is already gone way to far. And your "i dont wanna put any effort into it but want all rewards" is the same like all these mimimi threads about Tel Var Stones only Imperial City.

No, hell no.

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

It's basic economics. YOU get to decide if they are worthwhile for the time YOU spend, nobody else can make that determination.

I can guarantee that I wouldn't do as many as I currently do on PC without the aid of add-ons to help me. There are even days I skip doing writs because there are other things I'd rather do (either in-game or in real life).

Making that decision is called being an adult. You're not lazy for not wanting to do them. I applaud you for making them as manageable as possible. But what do you expect us to do?

However, your decision to immediately dismiss anybody's claims who go against yours is very childlike, and will certainly not garner you any sympathy.

Another one ignoring that I'm only asking for whats already on PC. Thanks.
  • Kosbert
    Kosbert
    ✭✭

It is not ZOS's Job to get you Addons because you choose to play Console. Your argument is invalid, sorry. But because you choose to play on Console, everyone else has to suffer.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm only ignoring people that say "Then don't do them" because its a nuclear option that complete disregards any complaints I have.

I am an adult. I can play or not play and don't need people telling me I've had enough. Complaining about a boring mechanic that has already been fixed with add-ons on PC and being dismissed as some child who just wants everything handed to them is the definition of missing the point.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on September 11, 2019 4:09PM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is not ZOS's Job to get you Addons because you choose to play Console. Your argument is invalid, sorry. But because you choose to play on Console, everyone else has to suffer.

Do you work for ZOS? I'm not asking for anyone to suffer, unlike you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

PC players insta-complete writs??? Must be some add-on I guess... I don’t use any add-ons and do the daily crafting writs with at least my higher level characters as it’s my main source of income and the other rewards are great too for my main crafter. Sure, it’s not the most exciting part of the game, so I often do it when I wouldn’t have time for questing or my attention is divided on something else. Anyway, I’m glad that their a part of the game! :)

Lazy Writ Crafter.

If you are on PC and do writs, please give it a try!
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 11, 2019 4:12PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do writs on all characters outside of the anniversary event, and despite being on PC, I don't use add-ons to complete them.

Here's a trick though: If you know the three day cycle, you also know the 6 day cycle as well. Once a week, do the dailies, and then craft for the next two cycles. (This is easier now with native multicraft.) So now your 3 day chore is a weekly one. And that will feel a little less tedious.
    Edited by driosketch on September 11, 2019 4:19PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm only ignoring people that say "Then don't do them" because its a nuclear option that complete disregards any complains I have.

I am an adult. I can play or not play and don't need people telling me I've had enough. Complaining about a boring mechanic that has already been fixed with add-ons on PC and being dismissed as some child who just wants everything handed to them is the definition of missing the point.

You sure aren't acting like an adult.

He is obvious an adult, age wise. But he is just another guy, wasted by Insta Gratification. Everything needs to be fast, instant, and easy. Generation Blizzard.

Would you prefer the Everquest or current Korean MMORPG approach to grinding. You don't know tedium.

You lost your argument. Barely anyone liked your idea. Just give it up, and leave with dignity !

Eh, I'm not trying to change your mind. You're obviously not trying to change mine. I don't get the argument part of this.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people acting like the OP is asking for an easy way to get rewards for free, when the OP only wants the basic QOL we PC players have with addons like the Lazy Writ Crafter!

Seriously, on PC, I run up to the blacksmithing station, click my writ button, and three seconds later the Lazy Writ Crafter finished my writ and I'm off to the next station. No having to craft a greatsword, and shield. No double checking that I'm not set to CP 160 gear instead of CP 150. No forgetting what I have to craft.

PC players have the option for no fuss, super easy, super quick daily writs.

What's the problem with Console Players getting the same options?

Is this some "PC Master Race" thing I didnt subscribe to?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I don't do writs on all characters outside of the anniversary event, and despite being on PC, I don't use add-ons to complete them.

Here's a trick though: If you know the three day cycle, you also know the 6 day cycle as well. Once a week, do the dailies, and then craft for the next two cycles. (This is easier now with native multicraft.) So now your 3 day chore is a weekly one. And that will fill a little less tedious.

So I only hate the game for 1 day out of the week instead of 2? Well, its a start, but still not as good as that Lazy Writ Crafter addon.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think perhaps many are misunderstanding OP’s post to be saying to get rid of crafting writs (I confess I had that impression at first from the title) but I think they are requesting that functionality from some add-on be made part of the game itself for everyone.

That seems reasonable, no? Certainly there are some add-one which I would not say should be part of the game — showing you where resource nodes are for instance — but others sound like they add basic functionality — such as manipulating furnishings more precisely — that the game ought to already have.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 11, 2019 6:09PM
  • Kosbert
    Kosbert
    ✭✭
    So many people acting like the OP is asking for an easy way to get rewards for free, when the OP only wants the basic QOL we PC players have with addons like the Lazy Writ Crafter!

Seriously, on PC, I run up to the blacksmithing station, click my writ button, and three seconds later the Lazy Writ Crafter finished my writ and I'm off to the next station. No having to craft a greatsword, and shield. No double checking that I'm not set to CP 160 gear instead of CP 150. No forgetting what I have to craft.

That is his title, he simply backpaddled later with "can we please also have addons". Also it is not ZOS Job to make Addons available on Consoles. It is limited to the Console side. Nobody cares if someone gets a QoL Feature on Console, if it does not touches the PC Side negative.
    Also QoL includes often a softening of the Core Game. And we have to fight this kind of QoL Generation that already is marauding through many other games. Especially since ESO already got a perfect balance between the Casual and Tryhard Community. And we have to preserve that balance, or we will end like WoW Retail, where you are logging in 15 Minutes a day and you are done with your daily MMORPG Experience.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is his title, he simply backpaddled later with "can we please also have addons". Also it is not ZOS Job to make Addons available on Consoles. It is limited to the Console side. Nobody cares if someone gets a QoL Feature on Console, if it does not touches the PC Side negative.
    Also QoL includes often a softening of the Core Game. And we have to fight this kind of QoL Generation that already is marauding through many other games. Especially since ESO already got a perfect balance between the Casual and Tryhard Community. And we have to preserve that balance, or we will end like WoW Retail, where you are logging in 15 Minutes a day and you are done with your daily MMORPG Experience.

This is some political level stretching here. Next thing you'll be arguing about the sanctity of crafting. And I was always talking about the lazy writ addon. If you read my post you'd see that. Other people have, I'm sorry it didn't read the same way for you.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on September 11, 2019 4:27PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fifteen characters really sounds a bit overkill. You would really have to enjoy doing that many writs even with an addon.

I rely on writs for all my gold, as I don't belong to a trading guild. But I only do writs on four of my characters. Life is too short to spend most of one's playing time just doing writs.

I don't know what to say to you, apart from what everyone else has said...you don't have to do them. Just do a few and then go and have some fun. ZOS are unlikely to change their minds about addons for consoles. It's probably part of their contracts.

If you still want to do all those writs, and there is no reason for you to stick with a console, then get/play on a PC.
This discussion has been closed.