Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP is almost unplayabe.. Im out

Snivonim
Snivonim
I don't have any Templars and I'm not going to make one. PvP is so ridiculously unbalanced that the game is unplayable. Unless you devote your life to keeping track of the latest ESO nuances and exploits, and have the time to farm the best gear in groups, you are basically helpless. Just not worth it anymore. Goodbye.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it you just died to a Templar in the IC
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me performance is they key issue
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my stamden still outperforms my stamplar..suppose I’m glad i have them..

For me it’s the performance..even dswing will glitch and you get stuck in the cast unable to use anything till it quits after a few seconds...
  • Fuzzy_Fish
    My problem is my own fault tbh I tend to rp my character a bit and not focus on skills that would increase my dps or whatever instead I go foor what 'feels' right :#
    There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you're involved in, whether it's a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Gary Gygax
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send stuff to me please @whitefulla PCNA
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand OPs feelings. Every time meta changes I have to make new builds and get new equipment. Even if I farm all pieces, I still need to enchant them with Kutas and Hakeijo. The worst part is transmutation. A single build can require up to 600 transmute crystals. That is the reason I haven't changed build for my magblade and why my stamsorc and stamden are waiting for any PvP gameplay. There is simply not enough time to farm new sets for multiple characters every time meta changes.This patch I have only one PvP ready char.
    My magsorc used to dominate the fields of Cyrodill. My magblade used to laugh at enemies, while slaughtering them one by one in BG. Only my magplar surivied the meta change and I fear that with all the unskilled nerflings, she will be nerfed next patch - leaving me with nothing.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar’s are ridiculously op but can still be killed it depends on the type of player that’s on the templar.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you don’t have stuff to give out before you go :(
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep hearing about magplars increasing in numbers. :o
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    they literally went out of there way to make temp a bis class, it's honestly satire. they snare you the entire fight with a snare they shouldn't even have then you cant attack them now pretty much. the games a joke. haven't logged in once this patch.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    they literally went out of there way to make temp a bis class, it's honestly satire. they snare you the entire fight with a snare they shouldn't even have then you cant attack them now pretty much. the games a joke. haven't logged in once this patch.

No, don't comment on balance if you don't understand the concept yourself.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭

Toppling charge is a slow, cluncky gap closer that you can see coming from a mile-away. Block when you see it coming, then get ready to move through them because you know sweeps are coming. I still like my stamblade against templars. Ranged dots, keep applying, let them cleanse til they run out of magicka. Stun so the use stam. When they can't breakfree they can't heal.

You just really need to avoid the sweeps. Puncturing and biting were broken forever and would never land. Now that they fixed them, it makes them feel op, but, they are really just working as intended.

The new total dark is what messes me up on my nb. If they keep it up, it's tough. I try and keep pressure on them so they forget to reapply :)
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    can i have your stuff?
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭

So if you haven't logged in then you speak of something you have no clue about. Pffft
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmvet wrote: »

Toppling charge is a slow, cluncky gap closer that you can see coming from a mile-away. Block when you see it coming, then get ready to move through them because you know sweeps are coming. I still like my stamblade against templars. Ranged dots, keep applying, let them cleanse til they run out of magicka. Stun so the use stam. When they can't breakfree they can't heal.

You just really need to avoid the sweeps. Puncturing and biting were broken forever and would never land. Now that they fixed them, it makes them feel op, but, they are really just working as intended.

The new total dark is what messes me up on my nb. If they keep it up, it's tough. I try and keep pressure on them so they forget to reapply :)

Pretty much this - Too many gibbons jumping on the "templar is OP" bangwagon, but when you ask them why, they actually don't know anything other than what they've heard. That, or they just rattle off things that other classes or Templars have had access to for the longest time, like a root; god forbid people have to run snare immunity (Which completely nulls bubble) like Templars have had to for ages.

People don't appreciate the cost of bubble, ritual etc and you're right, it's easy to run a Templar out of magic if you can just stay aggressive - If you can't then that's on you, nothing to do with Templar.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Pretty much this - Too many gibbons jumping on the "templar is OP" bangwagon, but when you ask them why, they actually don't know anything other than what they've heard. That, or they just rattle off things that other classes or Templars have had access to for the longest time, like a root; god forbid people have to run snare immunity (Which completely nulls bubble) like Templars have had to for ages.

People don't appreciate the cost of bubble, ritual etc and you're right, it's easy to run a Templar out of magic if you can just stay aggressive - If you can't then that's on you, nothing to do with Templar.

True or not the Templar population has exploded. I even see small scale groups of all Templars, it’s a little silly.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭

m8 temp is by far broken, I main stamblade. A medium armor stamblade is way worse for 1v1. you cant cloak or doge roll jabs thus your immobilized in a huge snare that shouldn't exist and now i cant attack you if you decide to spam eclipse. eclipse in it's current state is the equivalent to wing's on roids with 0 to little counter play.
    if you disagree you are biased 100%, literally everyone know's temps are bis meta atm for solo and 1v1
    thus a support class is overshadowing original dps classes for their intentions in pvp.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mannix1958 wrote: »

So if you haven't logged in then you speak of something you have no clue about. Pffft

I can go to pts, watch streams or hell even read patch notes to understand how the game will perform. I have more hours on this game than 90% of the community as a whole from console and pc.
    it's not hard for good veterans to be able to conclude the status of pvp or what will be over performing, patch to patch..
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »

True or not the Templar population has exploded. I even see small scale groups of all Templars, it’s a little silly.

The population always explodes for the class people are mindlessly ranting about, if you fight them, you'll see 90% of the new ones are already being relegated to healbots and the other 10% are just good at the game.

If those same people ran in a group of Templars last patch what would of been different? Not much.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snivonim wrote: »
    I don't have any Templars and I'm not going to make one. PvP is so ridiculously unbalanced that the game is unplayable. Unless you devote your life to keeping track of the latest ESO nuances and exploits, and have the time to farm the best gear in groups, you are basically helpless. Just not worth it anymore. Goodbye.

1) You do not need the best gear

2) You do not need to be a Templar

3) Choose your battles or they will choose you.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on September 11, 2019 1:44PM
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    MTZQ0q2.jpg
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. See ya!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Death Cap hints can be very useful when struggling in PvP

hint.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Death Cap hints can be very useful when struggling in PvP

hint.jpg

You got moxy, kiddo.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We understand that sometimes people will leave the ESO community, and want to post a “goodbye” or “quitting” thread. Generally, we have found that “goodbye” and “quitting” threads have a tendency to go downhill fast. It is our policy to read the feedback in “goodbye” and “quitting” threads and close them, regardless of whether they are constructive or not.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.