Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Great job you 100% broke the guild history

GoodFella146
GoodFella146
✭✭✭✭✭
I really don't know why this *** is so *** hard but you are making it absolute HELL to run a guild these days. FIX IT!!!
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no Roster or Deposit history. Console trade guilds are screwed.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now my trade guild won’t know I didn’t make the sale quota.

:trollface:
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lovely.

I'm also a fan of how I asked if this might be done to us back during the PC EU crisis and zero word or response, so that some sort of preparation in advance could have been done (such as asking people to mail donations/dues instead of depositing, etc): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6288683#Comment_6288683
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol yep but people will white Knight this game and defend it saying it is still excellent! So many bugs and problems they refuse to address and or fix, but if there was a problem with crown store item the game would have an "emergency maintenance" to correct the issue. I wonder were zo$ priorities are.........
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Console update today, not talking PC
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Purchase History is there... sort of... if you want to add them up normally.

But it won't matter because we can't verify promotions. Or deposits.

In fact, ZoS just killed trade guilds on console.

I'll be sure to let 1,500 active players know their contributions are gone.

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Console update today, not talking PC

Chunky cat is P.H.A.T.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is bull can't believe they pushed this out.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they fix this soon and not, you know, take ages. They didn't do anything about the previous guild history issue for a while. (Which WAS supposed to be fixed with this update.)
    Edited by Snipress on August 27, 2019 5:25PM
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    And the fact that I'm a bookkeeper for two trading guilds makes this 100x worse.

• therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 guild chats on fire right now. Trying to handle this fiasco remotely.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will make dues and donations impossible to track unless mailed directly to an officer.

Any open/honor system guild banks are open season to be robbed since you can’t see who withdrew everything.

And impossible to tell how well or not well a trader does if you can’t see how many pages it sells daily (the only method of measuring trader worth on console).

Plus with no history, impossible to track bids placed - amount, location, who placed it, etc.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipress wrote: »
    And the fact that I'm a bookkeeper for two trading guilds makes this 100x worse.

Look at the bright side, now you can take a holiday since there's nothing to book :)
  • MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    This is totally ridiculous. So the answer to fixing real time deposit history was to break past deposit history? 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Let me clarify the urgency of this situation. This bug without a doubt needs a hot fix, not a wait for the next update fix. A HOT FIX ASAP.
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: It seems only RECENT deposits, purchases, etc. show up. Everything before the update was wiped. So, when we logged in there was nothing to load. At least, that's what I think and have noticed.

Edit 2: It seems every time you login the history is wiped, leaving everything blank. You only see history while you're online...at least for me. You won't see the history you missed while offline, too.
    Edited by Snipress on August 27, 2019 7:05PM

• Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol yep but people will white Knight this game and defend it saying it is still excellent! So many bugs and problems they refuse to address and or fix, but if there was a problem with crown store item the game would have an "emergency maintenance" to correct the issue. I wonder were zo$ priorities are.........

But they're killing it :trollface:

I legit feel bad for console GMs. Everyone saw the crapstorm brewing via the dumpster fire that was PC-EU, but nothing can be done thanks to ZOS' negligence.

That feel when old as dirt FFXI runs better than this game :/
    Edited by Vicinia on August 27, 2019 6:21PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vicinia wrote: »

I legit feel bad for console GMs. Everyone saw the crapstorm brewing via the dumpster fire that was PC-EU, but nothing can be done thanks to ZOS' negligence.

If trying to make guild history data load in real time got borked this badly, I'm honestly fearful that our trader flip is gonna look like PC EU's come September 1st...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is a crisis for guilds... I mean, I only spotted this as I've been logging sales in a couple of guilds (as you may have seen in another post) and so I was shocked I couldn't see the history...

right now, I'm betting guild bank robbers are having an absolute field day and there's nothing guilds can do about it until their GMs come online!!
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicinia wrote: »

If trying to make guild history data load in real time got borked this badly, I'm honestly fearful that our trader flip is gonna look like PC EU's come September 1st...

I can see the 1st playing out like this:

giphy.gif

:/
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel really badly for trading guild GMs at the moment. This will be a nightmare for them... I wouldn’t be surprised either if console has major issues with the multi bid trading system.

Blerg. I’m actually thinking about leaving the trading scene altogether and subsisting off of writ earnings and end-of-campaign gold. :/ I logged in for the first time today in more than a month, realized how much effort it would take to re-gear all of my alts after yet more sweeping skill changes... and realized it just wasn’t worth it anymore. I sold my wares in my trade guild primarily to keep up with gear upgrade costs. It’s not worth it when the goalposts keep shifting so often.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know the bug thread got a reply, but just to reiterate to anyone who will listen/escalate/can provide possible assurances @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Having ZERO guild history, guild bank history, and sales history available except for the moments in time you are online are literally guild-crushing console issues for the following reasons:
    • Cannot see what members have made deposits to the guild bank - this affects dues-charging guilds the most as this determines membership remaining or being booted based on dues payments, but also affects donation-based guilds who like to track/reward donors. Also, many guilds run raffles by checking guild deposit history as opposed to raffle money being mailed directly to a GM/officer - this is now also a fiasco. I personally know one guild who has lost 3 days of raffle ticket data that they had intended to log tonight.
    • Piggybacking off the first point, since console is limited in what it can access anyway and has NO ADD-ONS [to complicate matters, so now what is the reason/excuse?] for exporting sales data, console guilds rely 100% on donations or, more commonly, on charging dues that are deposited to the guild banks. This has CRIPPLED the vast majority of trading guilds on console. Utterly. And there is now a ticking bomb, since we can only access data up to 10 days back. If this is not rectified soon, there will be history permanently lost and unable to get to if this is fixed past a certain date, even if past history can be shown again (as we'd only be able to see 10 days back... as of around September 5th/6th, all data from yesterday will be permanently lost from us ever retrieving it).
    • Cannot see if officers have promoted or demoted members based on dues paid, behavior, etc.
    • Cannot see what members have withdrawn - for any guilds who have an open/honor system guild bank or semi-open guild bank (for those of a certain rank), this is now Christmas Day for guild bank robbers since unless an officer is online to see the robbery happen with real-time data, someone can wipe a guild bank clean of all items and not be caught because there is no longer a permanent living history.
    • I assume bidding history won't remain since no other history is remaining. This will be complicated since now we can place up to 10 bids. Sure, I can write down on a sheet of paper the amounts and locations I place my bids, but for any guilds where officers share in bidding duties, this will get messy fast.
    • Cannot see history of trader sales - again, since we have NO ADD-ONS, we cannot export sales history. Therefore, the only reliable way on console to judge how a trader performed is by manually R2ing through the sales history and counting how many pages sold per day. That has now been taken from us. I haven't a clue now how my guild trader is performing, if it was worth what I bid and won it for, if I should try bidding somewhere else for better return on investment, etc.

Those are all the immediate issues. And if this can only be fixed by waiting for an "incremental patch" and not a hot fix - which I assume because of the lovely certification process that consoles enjoy - is there ANY way of retrieving the data or exporting it to GMs or will it just be gone forever, like tears in rain?

The MAJOR concern on the horizon remains: how will multi-bidding perform at flip this Sunday? Will it go fine like PC NA? Or be an utter apocalypse like PC EU? Especially since I assume THIS UPDATE is the one PC got - the one sitting in Sony and Microsoft certification process while all Hell broke loose last week - BEFORE the patches you gave them to ensure multi-bidding wouldn't fail again. Do we have ANY assurances at all that multi-bidding will function or is it possible every trader will open for hire because of computation timing issues?
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's take a look at what the ZOS guidebook says to tell the players in this situation. "Blame the issue on add-ons. Make sure to throw modders under the bus instead of our own spaghetti code, which is the actual issue." Hmm, might be a bit difficult, considering it's happening on console. Unfortunately, that appears to be the only page in the handbook that covers this at all. So, I'm afraid all these upset console players are just gonna have to take up the issue with PC modders.
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha ha! Payback for all those times they claimed they "never recieved my deposit."
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is preventing these guys from getting things right? This has been awful the last few weeks and now they somehow managed to make it WORSE.

I seriously want to know what is happening that is preventing these guys from fixing this. It was working fine for 4 straight years and now only recently they've managed to *** it all up. What is the damned issue???
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why they don't build this functionality into the base game. If they've identified that it causes server load issues, then build it into the base game where you can fine tune how it works better than through an API.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 28, 2019 2:44AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha ha! Payback for all those times they claimed they "never recieved my deposit."

That's sadly also a common glitch that ZOS has never fixed.

Basically, if you deposit your gold/items before the guild bank fully loads (and sometimes it can take over a minute to load), they disappear into the abyss.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 28, 2019 2:46AM
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a Co-GM for a guild and I run the raffles. We count this by having members make deposits to the guild bank. I check the HISTORY, record the tickets on my spreadsheet and send out Door Prizes (Lately a lovely Kuta and a Spring-Loaded infusion for every 20K in deposits).

So, thanks. Thanks for nothing. I cannot see any history of deposits. How can I know who to send their earned door prizes, much less pull a winner at the time for the drawing?

Thanks for the egg on our faces ZOS.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • wrath_of_erana
    wrath_of_erana
    ✭✭✭
    goodfella send them 20k per week they will fix it ;)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should pay the guilds 20 mil per week until they get their *** together. People running the trading guilds are getting screwed by this.
This discussion has been closed.