Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flying Mounts? Can that be a thing?

LejonTryne
What do u think peeps? I think it would be cool with some flying mounts, but idk if the zones r too small for it thou!
And it should be like a skill u have to buy, like in WoW! Not in crown store, just for in-game money! And mount should u buy though the Crown Store like u can do right now!

What about a flying dragon mount!? <3
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, because people with a bazillion pets, familiars and regular mounts cluttering up crafting areas, NPCs and other stuff isn't enough already, let's give everyone a dragon.

Before we even worry about stuff like this, can we have one simple fix for existing mounts? I'd like for them to stop instantly dissolving the moment they are touched by a microscopic amount of water, please.
    Edited by Berserkerkitten on August 14, 2019 11:17AM
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you say, the zones are really too small. Kind of like how when you use your horse to farm materials, you keep getting on and off again, so overall slower. Same thing with Flying Mounts. And, there is the whole balance thing to worry about, as they for sure could not fly faster than a mount could run. Forget about using them in PvP.

And, then, not all that much has been done to the tops of the mountains and cliffs and buildings we can't normally access, or at least get a view on now. The devs would have to overhaul a significant portion of the games artwork. Think Rivenspire. Ever spent time looking at that zones mountains?

It would be a lot of work for not much in game benefit.

Would it be cool? Maybe, but the flying mounts introduced in Skyrim were more a gimmick than something useful.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off engine can't support it apparently. Second off aren't flying mounts more infamous than famous in MMOs? Third with wayshrines there really would be no point.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in for as long the server can handle it. It would be nice if they were farmable like in Hard Mode or something. HM Fang lair gives you an undead Dragon. Cloudrest Vet gives you a Griphon. Sunspire Vet gives you a Dragon etc...

What also would be very nice if there are mounts which you can ride as two or maybe more.
    also known as Overlich.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I would love to have flying mounts but apparently the engine doesn't support it.
    PC/EU DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_nth0agN6831qkz8azo1_500.gif
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

The zones are really small, probably too small.

The engine doesn't and probably can't support flying creatures that are not scripted.
    Creatures like the Harpies and such aren't really flying, they are magnetized to the ground and the model hovering above the ground plane.

"The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LejonTryne wrote: »
    What do u think peeps? I think it would be cool with some flying mounts, but idk if the zones r too small for it thou!
    And it should be like a skill u have to buy, like in WoW! Not in crown store, just for in-game money! And mount should u buy though the Crown Store like u can do right now!

We can't even swim under water. I seriously doubt flight will ever happen.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    PNyt7M0.gif
  • Sondernaam
    Sondernaam
    ✭✭✭
    Plain and simple - NO
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW is that way ———>

Keep going in that direction until you reach the end of Nirn, then keep going.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in for as long the server can handle it. It would be nice if they were farmable like in Hard Mode or something. HM Fang lair gives you an undead Dragon. Cloudrest Vet gives you a Griphon. Sunspire Vet gives you a Dragon etc...

What also would be very nice if there are mounts which you can ride as two or maybe more.
    Server can handle it just fine, problem is client, game is not designed for it so you get areas who don't look nice from above and has no clipping on roofs. This was an major work in WOW.

it would obviously not work in Cyrodil as you could now PvDoor without siege just land on keep and kill the npc.
    Not in instances like HCR and AA where you can ride as you can skip all up to the large trash fight before last boss.

As other say zones are small with wayshrines everywhere
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine getting sniped off your flying mount in Cyrodiil!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This, AGAIN? Really?

No. Rather, hell no.

Would rather be able to sail boats than fly on mounts.
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious !! I have enough problems with enemies i kill that fly to my location and are then classed as not within range to loot due to the lag, if they did introduce flying mounts the sky would be full of the assorted animals while the riders stayed on the ground looking up helplessly. STUPID idea
  • Torment
    Torment
    ✭✭✭
    OMG First open-world Bitchcraft PVP and now Flying Mounts If you don't like the way the game is just go back to warcraft!!!!
    Edited by Torment on August 14, 2019 1:04PM
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep this simple ... NO!
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Searching Forums First? Can that be a thing?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking keeps in Cyro will be like:
    BriskEagerAlpinegoat-max-1mb.gif
    :D
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beforte we get flying mounts, we'd need to ba able to swim underwater and actually climb stuff that looks easily to climb but is blocked by invisible walls. THEN, maybe, when the game actually support proper exploration, we can think about maybe having flying mounts.

Basically, read this as "never going to happen".
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flying mounts are such a problem that WoW tried to remove them from new expansions, but player outrage forced the publisher to accommodate them anyway, which meant that the ability to simply fly over any obstacle and every challenge greatly reduced the number of options available for gameplay design.

I wouldn't want to play a game that was forced into the straitjacket imposed by the ability to fly. Flying mounts are terrible.
  • black_celebration
    black_celebration
    ✭✭✭
    please bro return to wow.
    let's have a black celebration
    tonight
    to celebrate the fact
    that we've seen the back
    of another black
    day
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I loved flying in wow, quit wow and decided not to return to it only because of the no-flying they have now... I do not feel flying belongs in TESO. So no.

However, I do wish ZOS would fix the state current mounts are in, slowing down on every little pebble or other unnoticable obstacle you run into. Like the slightly higher board on the vivec bridge towards the daily turn-ins. The faster your mount, the slower it gets due to hanging on stupid stuff.

More ground mount types, like dragons and whatever else would be awesome though.
    Edited by Sarannah on August 14, 2019 1:21PM
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    LejonTryne wrote: »

We can't even swim under water. I seriously doubt flight will ever happen.

That I really miss in the game that we cannot swim under water and explore there
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a mount that kind of glides over the surface rather than an actually flying mount.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no. the game engine and maps cannot support it.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, because people with a bazillion pets, familiars and regular mounts cluttering up crafting areas, NPCs and other stuff isn't enough already, let's give everyone a dragon.

Before we even worry about stuff like this, can we have one simple fix for existing mounts? I'd like for them to stop instantly dissolving the moment they are touched by a microscopic amount of water, please.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking keeps in Cyro will be like:
    BriskEagerAlpinegoat-max-1mb.gif
    :D

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I do not want flying mounts. Sorry op I wish I could agree with you but I just think it would not benefit eso in any way.

However, I do want to see a quest where we get to befriend a dragon. It would be awesome to get up close to a dragon without being burnt cinders to😆
    Edited by wishlist14 on August 14, 2019 1:41PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love a pegasus or gryphon mount that just runs and doesnt fly (like the pegasus in assassins creed odyssey)...or a baby dragon or mammoth
This discussion has been closed.