Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DOTs

Durham
Durham
✭✭✭✭✭
Are simply to strong as is. Dot builds will be crazy after this patch.

DoT play so much more boring to play. A few year years ago you adjusted a ton of sets for this very reason. Now your going back and just making abilities do the same insane ×2 damage.
PVP DEADWAIT
PVP The Unguildables
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see dots as being too strong, the opposite is true. Defensive options are not strong enough. All they did was bring every ability in line.

Yes there is more skills to choose from, but that's it, it's a choice. Good luck fitting all those dots on a Mag Sorc that has next to no flex spots.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff healers CP, Mundus and healers sets.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see dots as being too strong, the opposite is true. Defensive options are not strong enough. All they did was bring every ability in line.

Yes there is more skills to choose from, but that's it, it's a choice. Good luck fitting all those dots on a Mag Sorc that has next to no flex spots.

Magplar with purifying light, entropy, reflective light, and soul trap will be strong.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, 100% agree that defensive options are not strong enough. Some classes can tweak for this much better than others - this should be audited.
    Second, DoT's are very strong on Live and will be much stronger next patch.
    Third, changes to healing are absurd across the board. PTS version 1 was in a much better place than version 4 and ZOS should have left it as is with minor tweaks - not overzealous nerfs and changes that make no sense.

I will continue to play Stamina Templar in Medium armor and get "reck'd" into Oblivion until the day after never when ZOS pulls their heads from their asses. No problem. I don't sub or contribute a penny - game is F2P for me and only serves as a "passes the time" now. Sad, but it is what it is. All corporate strategies are the same now-a-days.

"Make profit. Screw your consumers. Screw your workers. Make profit." Rinse and repeat.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

DoT play so much more boring to play. A few year years ago you adjusted a ton of sets for this very reason. Now your going back and just making abilities do the same insane ×2 damage.

Bleeds are being nerfed while single target magicka dots have been buffed. I don't see much differences, just that magicka got a small buff and stamina a small nerf
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Bleeds are being nerfed while single target magicka dots have been buffed. I don't see much differences, just that magicka got a small buff and stamina a small nerf

so dot stamDK overall is nerfed hard...

should I try going burst instead?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

so dot stamDK overall is nerfed hard...

should I try going burst instead?

Not needed but you can, I prefer using a dot and burst build both.

StamDK claw got buffed and bleeds can be potent if you have enough penetration.

You can also run soul trap as it's stronger on stam than mag because weapon power scales higher for stam.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only problem I have with buffed Soul Trap, Entropy, Destruction Reach and Scalding Rune is that in some cases these generic skills do more damage than class skills.

They listened to magDK problem where there was no reason to slot Engulfing Flames or Burning Embers over generic dots and buffed these skills. But Templar's Sunfire and Sorcerer's Lightning Splash still do less damage than Soul Trap or Entropy.

After some testing, it is noticeable dps difference when slotting Degeneration over Lightning Flood on single target. Good luck begging for synergy for Lokke/Alkosh.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 10, 2019 6:44AM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoTs are not boring to play.

What is boring is that every mag class will play exactly same dots with same effects and probably close to have same rotations.

Edited by Saril_Durzam on August 10, 2019 7:32AM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with buffed Soul Trap, Entropy, Destruction Reach and Scalding Rune is that in some cases these generic skills do more damage than class skills.

They listened to magDK problem where there was no reason to slot Engulfing Flames or Burning Embers over generic dots and buffed these skills. But Templar's Sunfire and Sorcerer's Lightning Splash still do less damage than Soul Trap or Entropy.

After some testing, it is noticeable dps difference when slotting Degeneration over Lightning Flood on single target. Good luck begging for synergy for Lokke/Alkosh.

The issue is that some classes have Aoe dots while other have st dots. The ones with aoe dots got nerfed, the ones with st dots got buffed.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual, when stamina gets buffed its ok, but when magcika is put on pair with stam we get an outrage.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    As usual, when stamina gets buffed its ok, but when magcika is put on pair with stam we get an outrage.

Why stir things up when you're unsubbed and off anyway? But your statement is wrong anyway, people comlpain about class skills being weaker compared to generics. It's not really stam vs mag.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 10, 2019 9:12AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Why stir things up when you're unsubbed and off anyway? But your statement is wrong anyway, people comlpain about class skills being weaker compared to generics. It's not really stam vs mag.

I dont see anywere in this thread worries about identity just some whining about Entropy and Soul Trap. So no Sir, I am not wrong.
    1. I don't need to play to have an opinion and this has nothing to do with the topic, arguments ad personam are not very good in discussion.
    2. I may be back because they have finaly fixed the Shade after almost a year! <3 Nevertheless I love it!
    Edited by Mayrael on August 10, 2019 9:26AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue is that some classes have Aoe dots while other have st dots. The ones with aoe dots got nerfed, the ones with st dots got buffed.

Better than having no place in a trial because you don't have enough skills

Scalding rune and entropy feels so good, soul trap I'm not using because ew soul trap
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use both, and also one is aoe w a synergy, one isn't.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No matter how you put it, as a sorc you have very limited bar space. Familiar is still the strongest option you have, don't trust anyone who says otherwise. With Familiar x2, a shield, Daedric Prey, Crystal Frags, Ele wep or Force Shock, Channeled Acceleration and Unstable wall of fire, you are left with 2 slots left. Why slot lightning flood when I can slot Degeneration and Consuming Trap, which both do significantly more damage.

All in all, by slotting Lightning Flood, you are punished for being a team player. Should I loose dps only because I want to be useful for my teammates? That's an awful game design.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 11, 2019 1:48PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the burst stamina meta is over?
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how you put it, as a sorc you have very limited bar space. Familiar is still the strongest option you have, don't trust anyone who says otherwise. With Familiar x2, a shield, Daedric Prey, Crystal Frags, Ele wep or Force Shock, Channeled Acceleration and Unstable wall of fire, you are left with 2 slots left. Why slot lightning flood when I can slot Degeneration and Consuming Trap, which both do significantly more damage.

All in all, by slotting Lightning Flood, you are punished for being a team player. Should I loose dps only because I want to be useful for my teammates? That's an awful game design.

That's historically been the game design? Olde Nightmother's Gaze and olde Sunderflame?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    So the burst stamina meta is over?
    Doubtful, considering nerfs to Protective, Pirate Skeleton, and shields.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam builds were ult dumping and wiping people in seconds. But damage OVER TIME? Naaah, can't have that.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Stam builds were ult dumping and wiping people in seconds. But damage OVER TIME? Naaah, can't have that.

Exactly as a full dot player that never converted to burst. I always thought it was the defile that players couldn't adapt to. Nope I guess it was the dot playstyle that they never l2p.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played some BGs... god, dots are ridiculous... they tick for less than 1k. On my stamden in MEDIUM armour. Around 20k resist, buffed. Seriously, ive been killing mag players like never. Reach seems to be the most damaging DPS dot, at least on my experience.

Really, there is nothing to be afraid on dots, at least on BGs.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can still harness through dots from one or two people in cyrodil, haven't tested against a zerg.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoTs bad
    Single target good
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread as there is already another thread open on this topic. Please feel free to continue the conversation here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.