Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on LFG System

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We’ve been seeing your posts recently about issues with the LFG tool when queuing for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and we’d like to talk to you a bit about its current state and what our plans are moving forward.

Simply put, the LFG tool is not currently up to our standards and not working as you’d expect. We do want to note this isn’t a hardware issue, but is tied to server load; the more people that try to use it, the less stable it becomes, which is counterintuitive to how it should be functioning. This is causing the error messages you’ve been seeing that someone has declined the invite. While we know this has been an existing issue, it is certainly exacerbated by all the new and returning players we’ve seen with Elsweyr’s recent launch on PC.

Yesterday afternoon, we ran a command on the backend for PC that reduced the amount of people that can queue for a dungeon or Battleground. In doing this, you may have noticed an increase in the amount of times you see the message that you’re unable to queue. However, this allows players who are actually in the queue to get into their activity faster and more successfully. When you see the message that you’re unable to queue, please just keep trying until you enter the queue. We understand this situation is far from ideal, but it does at least cycle people through the queue faster and with more reliability.

We want to let you know are actively working on completely revamping the LFG tool to ensure it is more stable and easier to use. This requires a great deal of coding work and will take some time, but our goal is to publish it to everyone later this year. We’ll keep you updated on its progress.

Thank you for all your continued support, and we look forward to rolling out our new LFG system for dungeons and Battlegrounds.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on May 31, 2019 6:48PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never able to get a group via LFG finder in peak hours since months
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far from ideal but it tended to work better the last time the 'unable to qq at this time' was introduced.
    Hope we'll see a better revamped version of the group finder as soon as it is finished.
    Thx for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno :smile:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you guys considered the potential dead-lock situations in the dungeon queue with this: When the queue full no new tank will be able to enqueue and if there is no tank at that point already in the queue then the queue not getting shorter and unlocked.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update but we have heard something similar before. Here is hoping you can come thru this time.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone played this over the last 24 hours and can tell a noticeable difference in que times?

• FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but your actions speak louder than your words. This has been an issue practically since day 1. Another forum post acknowledging the issue and saying you're going to fix it seems to have become just an annual tradition.
    What about last year's forum post that stated we wouldn't have another event around this broken LFG tool? Is that still the plan?
    Edited by FreshlyB8ked on May 31, 2019 7:13PM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's the communication we are looking for.

PS5 EU.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want to let you know are actively working on completely revamping the LFG tool to ensure it is more stable and easier to use. This requires a great deal of coding work and will take some time, but our goal is to publish it to everyone later this year. We’ll keep you updated on its progress.

Thank you for all your continued support, and we look forward to rolling out our new LFG system for dungeons and Battlegrounds.
    do not hurry. we will gladly wait for five years more
    ttk-Cj-TAYZys.jpg
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/140238/is-lfg-fixed-yet/p1
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, srsly? I just want to say, that msg about "you cannot queue" was in peak hours a lot earlier than "yesterday"... So it sonds like smth *censored*
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but your actions speak louder than your words. This has been an issue practically since day 1. Another forum post acknowledging the issue and saying you're going to fix it seems to have become just an annual tradition.
    What about last year's forum post that stated we wouldn't have another event around this LFG tool? Can we assume the new revamped LFG tool will be ready to go before this summer's Midyear Mayhem?

They have a track record of not fixing stuff critical to Midyear Mayhem right before it starts. I'd say you can assume the tool won't be fixed for quite some time. I doubt they'l surprise us with a quick fix. After all, it's "all hands on deck" when the Crown Store fails but god forbid the ACTUAL game is worked on in a timely manner, right?
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the short/long term goal is to provide a better reward for people that group up in alternate means. For example, maybe you get a chance to earn the monster helm motifs on any difficulty if you bring 4 people without any hard modes or something.

L4M zone chat is still a stable system and promotes friendliness.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever it costs, its worth the coding work.

That tool is an essential and integral part of an MMO that should work flawlessly without ANY hiccups and provide at least decent results as its ALSO used for Battlegrounds matchmaking.

So put in whatever it may cost and all efforts and reprogramm that please!
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭

Never heard this one before! That is really great news.

giphy.gif
    Soon cp1000

• Hibernato
    Hibernato
    ✭✭✭
    Piece of advice, when you're gonna run "a command on the backend for PC that reduced the amount of people that can queue for a dungeon or Battleground" maybe let your customers know beforehand? Crazy I know.

I cancelled my membership last night after the group finder was not working and my entire group got disconnected on the final boss of vDSA. My membership is not being renewed until basic game features work and I hope everyone else who is fed up with this broken group finder and poor server performances does the same as it's the only time Zo$ listens.
    Edited by Hibernato on May 31, 2019 7:28PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "To celebrate the imminent Launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our first ESO Tavern of 2019 will occur on May 31 in Wiesbaden, Germany. Join us for a fun evening of food, drink, and conversation"

That's TODAY.

I wonder what the conversation will be about.

Because they'll have a lot of time for it while they wait for the dungeons to pop.

Let's hope the desire to improve this lasts longer than the previous desire to improve it from last year.

Looking forward to it working again (at some indiscriminate point in the future)
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post is hilarious... So the tool doesn't work well due to server load... So let's fix the tool instead of increasing server performance, haha... April's fools was 2 months ago btw.
  • Rerum
    Rerum
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno does lags no hardware issue too lol? When my normal ping in overland became 130 instead of 80. You servers obviously can't handle the load. And remaking system won't help.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We´ll see how this goes I guess, being unable to Queue for Dungeons or bgs from 7PM till 11PM kinda sucks for very many People, one Thing I´d like to ask of you is to Keep us updated during this process, ETA would be nice too but there probably isnt one yet. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just need to get that straight. there is a queue for a queue now....

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove MMR from battlegrounds queues while you're at it. There's no reason players should have to wait in a 30+ minute queue to be 'accurately' matched against the same opponents over and over.
    Edited by Qwazzy on May 31, 2019 7:40PM
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    just need to get that straight. there is a queue for a queue now....

Next tweak will be a queue for the queue to get into the queue.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm not happy about the situation, I am happy for the update. Thank you for communicating with us about this.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you for the update.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since Morrowind and the introduction of Battlegrounds this has been a constant issue with multiple promises that you are working on this and fixing it. Not believing it until I am seeing it honestly and most likely will just be another half assed job like guild trader upgrade was (which is also incredibly laggy during primetime).
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great until you realize console is experiencing the same thing without the update.
  • Soulgirl
    Soulgirl
    ✭✭
    This is ridiculous!
    Instead of increasing the servers you keep leaving things as they are, so nothing works as it should.
    It seems you are doing all you can to make people leave, since this game only works "as intended" when not a lot of people are playing. As soon as there is an increase in player count, there goes everything down the drain...

Lag, stuttering, increased load times, LFG not working...

People's patience does eventually run out you know?? What good is it to have a game with a lot of dungeons to do, when you can´t even get into them?!
    Just fix it once and for all, for God's sake!
    PC player on EU server.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2014 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2015 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2016 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2017 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2018 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2019 Hey guys we know our game is broken and we're working on a fix

2020 Hey guys we actually fixed our game! Guys..? Is anyone there?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is some nice news, although I have also hoped for more info on server upgrade, that Mr Matt promised.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the temporary fix helps and that its only temporary.

And I hope that you've had enough coding time to work on the revamped Groupfinder, given that the Dungeon one hasn't been working properly since well before the last Undaunted Event.

If its not fixed by the Witches Festival or the Undaunted Event in Q4, please, reevaluate gating rewards behind any sort of dungeon content. I know its not technically necessary to use Groupfinder for those, but it's exceptionally frustrating to attempt to use it during events.
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if you know how unprofessional this sounds?
    People on the forum have been complaining about this for a few months, and after few months of constant forum posts you did testing yesterday by "Limiting people who can queue at exact time" and it worked? This is by far worst posible solution anyone can think of..

"When you see the message that you’re unable to queue, please just keep trying until you enter the queue."
    So people will need to spam button just so they can be able to enter Queue? :DDDDDDDDDDDD

This game has so much potential, it's sad that unqualified people are making terrible decisions..

This discussion has been closed.