Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in the Wailing Prison

Greywolf46
Greywolf46
✭✭✭
My level 13 Sorc. was following the main quest-line and ended up in the Wailing prison. I cannot interact with the sentinel to destroy it. All I can do is fight mobs. How do I finish the quest, please?
  • Greywolf46
    Greywolf46
    ✭✭✭
    For added information: I attempted to abandon the quest but when I highlighted the quest in the journal the option to abandon it at the bottom of the screen disappeared.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you open your map and see another zone to port to?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sneaking up to the sentinel to destroy it? You have to be crouching.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Greywolf46
    Greywolf46
    ✭✭✭
    I went back into the game and approached the sentinel and tried to attack it with my destruction staff. It would not touch the sentinel. Out of frustration I tried "mages fury IV"; and to my utter shock that spell hit it and destroyed it. I am now out of the wailing prison. Sorry folks, I guess that was a noob mistake.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once had a character stuck in the Wailing Prison because she had somehow lost the quest and without an active quest, you can't leave.
    Could not port out of there either, travel to player did not work and the character had no discovered wayshrines to port to.

I had to contact support and they moved the character to her alliance starting zone ...
    unsure.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 30, 2019 7:12PM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the sentinel is just there to teach you how to stealth. Any ranged attack will kill it from the top of the stairs.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get it, I had trouble making contact with the sentinel even when I was in stealth.

I'm glad you managed to escape, run free and loot all!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.