Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Login Queue Turned on for PC-EU - April 10

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Recently, we’ve seen a massive influx of players to ESO especially on the PC-EU server. This influx of players has resulted in some server performance issues for our players on the PC-EU megaserver, especially during prime-time hours. As a short-term solution to address these issues, we are turning on a login queueing system for that server.

Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server, this queueing system allows for a set number of players to be in the game at a time. Players waiting in the queueing system will be able to enter the game as soon as a spot opens up. (Please note that your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time.)

We’re currently working on plans that will add more capacity for our growing PC-EU community, making it possible for many more heroes to jump in and play simultaneously without hindrance to the overall PC-EU server performance. We’ll keep everyone updated. Welcome to all our new and returning players, and thank you all for your patience.
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on April 10, 2019 9:11PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Neelanna48
    Neelanna48
    ✭✭✭
    Recently, we’ve seen a massive influx of players to ESO especially on the PC-EU server. This influx of players has resulted in some server performance issues for our players on the PC-EU megaserver, especially during prime-time hours. As a short-term solution to address these issues, we are turning on a login queueing system for that server.

Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server, this queueing system allows for a set number of players to be in the game at a time. Players waiting in the queueing system will be able to enter the game as soon as a spot opens up. (Please note that while your queue position is accurate, your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time.)

We’re currently working on plans that will add more capacity for our growing PC-EU community, making it possible for many more heroes to jump in and play simultaneously without hindrance to the overall PC-EU server performance. We’ll keep everyone updated. Welcome to all our new and returning players, and thank you all for your patience.

So now I have to wait for however long it takes to get into a game I pay for? It certainly isnt the 30 seconds its says on my screen as I have been waiting almost ten minutes now. Seriously if this company expects to keep people paying for this game it needs to upgrade it servers urgently.
    Edited by Neelanna48 on April 10, 2019 8:01PM
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    Just fire those German guys responsible for EU server and get better data center to maintain the servers.
    Its easy.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh...thanks, Blizzard(?).

On a serious note, I hope server upgrades won't take too long to implement. Can we expect them to happen by the time Elsweyr arrives?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Thhycho
    Thhycho
    ✭✭
    "your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time"
    I can confirm this, with a "Approximate Wait Time: 30 sec" , I wait now for 15 minutes....
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, staring at the "approximately 30 seconds" login queue message for 15 minutes (and counting) really is an immense improvement to my game experience.

Especially during an event that needs the daily login (for crafting and tickets), and the hour getting really late here. So I can either stay up until midnight (or longer), or loose my boni because I can't get in the game.

One hell of a gaming experience indeed !
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    When a player gets disconnected due to a system bug, will that put them at the end of the queue again when they try and log back in?
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The queue is bugged, please fix!

It was 30 seconds for several minutes.

I got kicked out of the queue several times and had to re-enter.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really sucks. I hope you will resolve this quickly.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Uh...thanks, Blizzard(?).

On a serious note, I hope server upgrades won't take too long to implement. Can we expect them to happen by the time Elsweyr arrives?

That's the goal (or sooner).
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • tomtomhotep
    tomtomhotep
    ✭✭
    I certainly hope ESO+ members are NOT getting a priority queue!!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The queue is bugged, please fix!

It was 30 seconds for several minutes.

I got kicked out of the queue several times and had to re-enter.

As mentioned in the message above, the estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect the actual wait time (the position listed is correct, though).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, so the broken EU server has been replaced with a broken static queue -_-
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quote from the intro quest to the Dark Brotherhood: you are probably insane!

this cannot be true!
    you are smashing a paying player and communitymember since the openbeta from the game??
    this is what you call a aniversary-event????
    by prohibiting your base from entering the game?????
    when shall I play???
    ZOS really has gone INSANE
    Edited by Azurya on April 10, 2019 8:07PM
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    "We’re currently working on plans that will add more capacity for our growing PC-EU community"
    How to not say: "we're adding some more hardware" or "we are getting new servers"
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    In five years of playing ESO I have never had to queue to login and now you're saying its due to more players?!?!?!

bullsh!t!
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master race.
    PS5 EU.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER CROWN PACK AND NOW i GET THIS ***??? I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 5 YEARS NOW, BUT I AM ABOUT TO QUIT!!!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to upgrade the servers. Or create an Asia server for our Oceanic players too lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    So my 30 sec que is already 20 mins. Howdy ZOS?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 months late & the wrong solution but hey what did we expect!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say but this is ridiculous ! I tried to login and got 30 sec.... after 10 minutes I've left the queue and tried again. Now I have 15min 11sec...... This time its counting down at least. All I wanted is to login fast, see if there is any trial or whatever else happening in guild and leave if none.... Now (despite the queue) I will have to wait to check :)
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMFG Just get an ASIA megaserver!! FFS!
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND DON'T GIVE ME "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE", WE HAVE BEEN PATIENT ENOUGH!!!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭

Set in place to create an optimal player experience for our ESO fans playing on the PC-EU server, this queueing system allows for a set number of players to be in the game at a time. Players waiting in the queueing system will be able to enter the game as soon as a spot opens up. (Please note that while your queue position is accurate, your estimated on-screen wait time may not reflect your actual wait time.)

More new players!?? How awesome is this?

So the "Dead game" is growing so fast the servers need to be given a boost to keep up? How cool is THAT!! :)

Thank you for the heads up! :)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've ever wanted to start an PC-NA account, now is the time....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and there is no information on what psition you are at all, it is just waiting, waiting...............
    this is a nightmare..............
    you are smashing a birthday a event and kicking your base out of the game??? what for???

• Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for everyone who still gives this company any money.
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    GOODBYE ZOS! ....
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course someone will complain about this, Welcome to the game new Players
    Edited by JamieAubrey on April 10, 2019 8:11PM
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    This is absurd. Massive influx my ass. I have never encountered this in my 5 years of playing this game, and the population now is certainly not the highest it's ever been. Please stop feeding us ***.

By the way, great way to celebrate your 5 year anniversary. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.