Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People hiding to avoid fight in BG

IzzyStardust
IzzyStardust
✭✭✭✭✭
I've decided that if you hide from the fight in BG? I am just gonna flat lead the other teams to you and feed them kills. GL getting your dumb motifs or whatever being last place every time!

That's what happens when you have a new char, you get teamed with this kind of trash. Had only 3 on my team run back to fight and see the other 2 just stealthed together out of the way doing nothing. :|
Edited by IzzyStardust on February 12, 2019 7:46AM
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had a few people like that, I've still not been able to understand the thought behind this.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    I've had a few people like that, I've still not been able to understand the thought behind this.

They expect a carry.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's because content is gated behind something they do not wish to do.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame ZoS. Putting a stam heal behind a PvP skill tree.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people are afraid of dying. -_- someone should tell them it's not real.

I have had 15 deaths in a match and I've also had 0 deaths and 23 kills.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »

I blame the players. They are the ones who hid instead of helping.
  • Syy101
    Syy101
    ✭✭✭
    Probably someone who wants to get carried and unlock vigor/warnhorn etc. for pve. BG gives at least 7k AP even if you are at the bottom, in at most 12 minutes. Much faster than Cyrodiil for an unexperienced player.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syy101 wrote: »
    Probably someone who wants to get carried and unlock vigor/warnhorn etc. for pve. BG gives at least 7k AP even if you are at the bottom, in at most 12 minutes. Much faster than Cyrodiil for an unexperienced player.

Yeah. I kinda wanna save their names for later but I never mastered the art of being THAT petty ;-/

Also when I went BG for my Tank and New Healer I put on all IMPEN and did all I could like to be useful - I ADMIT I STILL GOT CARRIED (lol I know it, they know it, it's known) but I tried my best. (Battleground Butcher on my Noob healer; I didn't help with that lol!)
    Edited by IzzyStardust on February 12, 2019 8:06AM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why? I mean dying really doesn't hurt. I'm usless but when I join, it's all guns blazing. There's always a miniscule chance of getting a final blow kill and even just weakening an enemy bfore you die can help your team. This is just... pathetic
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've decided that if you hide from the fight in BG? I am just gonna flat lead the other teams to you and feed them kills. GL getting your dumb motifs or whatever being last place every time!

That's what happens when you have a new char, you get teamed with this kind of trash. Had only 3 on my team run back to fight and see the other 2 just stealthed together out of the way doing nothing. :|

In b4
    When you PUG you get what you're given

and other such comments. :trollface:

It's ridiculous -- even if you're a PvE only player, just chuck on some impen and pull your weight. Pretend other players are just 'smarter' mobs.

I have to say, I've only had this once; the player wasn't so much hiding as just not advancing with the group and intentionally staying in the starter area.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

In b4
    When you PUG you get what you're given

and other such comments. :trollface:

It's ridiculous -- even if you're a PvE only player, just chuck on some impen and pull your weight. Pretend other players are just 'smarter' mobs.

I have to say, I've only had this once; the player wasn't so much hiding as just not advancing with the group and intentionally staying in the starter area.

You're right you do get what you get - no lie!
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I personally also dont like the bgs with all the bleed, s2w and cc ullcrab....but hiding and expecting a carrry is just ....wow

I just do the random bgs till I get the reward (1st or 2nd place) but atleast I try to win, do my best
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best solution for this: Search and destroy
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably don't care. Even if they die, if they do it enough times they will still get their vigor or whatever.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.” - Bart Simpson
    Edited by lokulin on February 12, 2019 9:46AM
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really annoying. People just sit at the start gate too.
  • Chronocidal
    Chronocidal
    ✭✭✭
    people hiding = not contributing to the team?

but

leading the enemy to the people hiding = not contributing to the team?

that makes about as much sense as pretending to go AFK next to another player whos actually AFK, or screaming insults at someone in chat who doesnt have their chat enabled or speaks a different language

if you want to save your blood pressure from spiking the best thing to do is just ignore them and play the game the way you want to rather then worrying about how other people are playing the game

anything else is a slippery slope and before you know it youll be raging at people who used a skill at the wrong time, or wear a set you dont approve of, or have dyed their clothes the wrong shade of blue

you will never be able to control the actions of other players only your own actions
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The couple of BGs I did, I bet my teams wish I had hidden in the corner. They might have scored higher if I hadn't helped. Maybe these corner dwellers were doing you a favor :D
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve only seen this happen when starting BGs on new characters. It’s annoying AF, but the MMR eventually weeds that PVE trash out. It’s about the only thing the MMR is good for.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

anything else is a slippery slope and before you know it youll be raging at people who used a skill at the wrong time, or wear a set you dont approve of, or have dyed their clothes the wrong shade of blue

I hate those people and immediately initiate a vote kick against them whenever I pug with them. None of that on MY team, no sirree. Get the right shade of blue, or get out.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    People will complain in BG's either way. I had 21 assisted kills as this other guy on my team would come in and finish them off, leaving me with no kills, no big deal to me at first. The other 2 players had no kills either. The one who swooped in on me then got so upset we finished last he said in chat "delete this game and urselfs if you didnt get ne kills. useless all of you".

So tbh idc when it comes to BG's. Sit around and hide, or try and die and the elitists will whine.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I’ve only seen this happen when starting BGs on new characters. It’s annoying AF, but the MMR eventually weeds that PVE trash out. It’s about the only thing the MMR is good for.

I still get matchmade with CP 17's on my team at ~1200CP with over 1000 BG's played where I am consistently top 3 on score, if not first.

Matchmaking is absolutttttte dog.

I see hiding all too often, mainly hiding in the spawn though rather than somewhere on the map.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I blame the players. They are the ones who hid instead of helping.

They either try to hide to get carried, and are called trash for it, or they try to help fight, get utterly wrecked and get called trash for it. Either way they have a crap time.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frick’n RPrs ruining ma immersion!!!!
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Y'all ridiculous. That argument is ridiculous. It's not gated, it's easily accessible to everyone. 'Gated' makes it sound like it is been tried to be hidden from people. It's not.
    PvP is part of the game as a whole. ZOS decided it goes in that skill tree and ZOS would like people to take part in all sides of the game.

This stupid divide some people have is made up by them, not the game. PvP isn't scary. Just think of the other players as mini bosses with randomised AI...

I think solo questing is a big waste of time. I rather farm mats than run all over the map to talk to randoms about stuff I don't care about. I rather wipe on a dungeon/arena/trial boss for hours than do half hour of solo quests.

Yet I still do solo quests to unlock achievements that I want, need. etc etc, (and don't cry on the forums about it) because that is how the game is designed.

I either deal or find something else to play...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor and caltrops... Warhorn... Purge... Yeah I can see why
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

They either try to hide to get carried, and are called trash for it, or they try to help fight, get utterly wrecked and get called trash for it. Either way they have a crap time.

Idk... maybe it's just my personal experience but I have to say, dungeon pugs/PVE players on average seem way more intolerant than BGs/PVP players. I've brought my greenest alt with no appropriate gear into BGs and participated, and never once have I been yelled at. Most people are nice and say gg afterwards. However people kick or rage quit at the drop of a dime in dungeons.

In other words, as a whole PVP players seem more understanding of PVE players trying to learn than the other way around. Makes me sad to say, as my focus is PVE, but I do participate in both.

Also, clearly the game is designed to entice players to both PVE and PVP. There are skins, dyes, and abilities "gated" behind both types of content, and both "exclusive" sides have a "need" to venture into the other. Enough of this argument already.
    Someone queuing in a dungeon who just followed behind without activating an ability would be kicked. Why is this behavior tolerated or being defended in BGs?
    Edited by peacenote on February 12, 2019 1:31PM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty normal behavior in mmos with battleground type content, where you get points for just showing up. People join and than go afk or do nothing. There needs to be some kind of noticeable minimum participation requirement to get points imo.

However, it's sometimes understandable that people aren't to keen to leaving their little corner. I'm talking crazy imbalanced matchmaking like perfectly setup pre-mades using voice-chat v.s being grouped with really inexperienced pugs with 0 team work, and you're just being farmed and it's so frustrating and pointless you give up.

But that's kinda different, since you at lest tried your best initially, compared to someone that just joined for free AP and never did anything at all.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what? PvP players might not necessarily want to grind out PvE content but they still have to put in effort to get the gear/skins.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

So what? PvP players might not necessarily want to grind out PvE content but they still have to put in effort to get the gear/skins.

na they can just sneak in a corner in the dungeon :trollface::joy:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

na they can just sneak in a corner in the dungeon :trollface::joy:

= valid play-style!

Some dungeons, you actually can sneak passed bosses and mobs...
    eliisra wrote: »
    Pretty normal behavior in mmos with battleground type content, where you get points for just showing up. People join and than go afk or do nothing. There needs to be some kind of noticeable minimum participation requirement to get points imo.

However, it's sometimes understandable that people aren't to keen to leaving their little corner. I'm talking crazy imbalanced matchmaking like perfectly setup pre-mades using voice-chat v.s being grouped with really inexperienced pugs with 0 team work, and you're just being farmed and it's so frustrating and pointless you give up.

But that's kinda different, since you at lest tried your best initially, compared to someone that just joined for free AP and never did anything at all.

Something like at least 1 Kill, or 1 death, or even 1 assist? That's absolutely bare minimum -- but enough, as long as a person shows willing. You don't have to be a god who steps into the group and smites all 8 of the other team players into next month (would be nice though :)); just pulling your weight, doing your bit (however small), is enough.
    Edited by mairwen85 on February 12, 2019 2:41PM
This discussion has been closed.