Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC EU very long "loading character" screens lately

profundidob16_ESO
profundidob16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
dear devs,

I've been playing on NA servers mostly the past months. This weekend I went back to play on EU servers actively and oh boy, was I amazed to see just how long it takes for any of my 15 chars to load into their zone !!

I don't know if this is a back end resource error on the servers that host the zones or a network performance problem but the difference is night and day.

As soon as I switched back to the NA servers I noticed these problems are not present on that platform.

please investigate

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They never do....investigate that is, and if they do, they keep it a secret and never actually fix anything.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even have to spam the forums about this problem anymore because other players are doing it for me. I wish they would fix it, maybe they will during this mammoth downtime? One can hope!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed it myself over the weekend, very annoying.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is tied to the huge performance degradation in EU servers the past couple of weeks. There are many threads discussing this and other issues. ZOS hasn't deigned to reply to any of them. Good luck on your attempt!
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    This is tied to the huge performance degradation in EU servers the past couple of weeks. There are many threads discussing this and other issues. ZOS hasn't deigned to reply to any of them. Good luck on your attempt!

It's been going on much longer than the past few weeks.

But it has been quite worse since then.
  • 6point6b16_ESO
    6point6b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    try disabling all addons and set graphics to minimum, then url know if its ur computer and conflicting addons..
    i tested and got my loading screens from minutes to 5-10 secs. just by disabling addons.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Oz and don't play often on the EU server but have played some (including logging in daily throughout November to get murkmire on EU) and I've never noticed any difference between NA and EU in terms of load times, the inevitable random disconnects and the occasional loading screen of death.
    try disabling all addons and set graphics to minimum, then url know if its ur computer and conflicting addons..
    i tested and got my loading screens from minutes to 5-10 secs. just by disabling addons.

You beat me to it.

Addons are a major culprit for me. I realised that after some update where they all became obsolete and so the game disabled and suddenly characters loaded a lot faster. Updated and re-enabled. Slower again. Disabled. Faster.

Though I don't think it's a matter of conflicting. Addons do stuff which consume limited computer resources and take time. Either some consume sufficient resources to slow down the game or the game waits for addons to finish whatever they need to do before it finishes loading your character.

Unfortunately the game is nearly unplayable without some of them. So I just expect character load times to be what they are.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that does not explain why under the same conditions (with those addons) NA realm reacts completely different to EU Realm.
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes even logout doesnt work.. you have to quit the game to change char.
This discussion has been closed.