Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orsinium Patron Achievement is Broken

Helio_Aviatik
Bug report was submitted. Problem was reported in earlier discussions by others but were closed after more than a year even though problem still exists.

Gamer tag Helio_Aviatik, character Iidrissa, PS4-NA

I'm also having problems completing this achievement. When interacting with the Malacath Priest and Batasha no credit is received. The City Solicitor and Trinimac Priest registered sometimes. I'm stuck at 3/15.
Edited by Helio_Aviatik on February 6, 2019 2:07PM
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    been working on it for two years with one toon and still haven't accomplished, god knows how long it will take on the other 6 i've got to get it for.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about NA, but EU description clearly says "City Solicitor", and it unlocked only with 15 solicitors for me...
  • Helio_Aviatik
    aishsha wrote: »
    Not sure about NA, but EU description clearly says "City Solicitor", and it unlocked only with 15 solicitors for me...

Other wiki's and posts elsewhere have stated all four npc's give credit (possibly they were wrong, that's what I'm trying to find out. If they were correct there is a bug, if not, previous posts were incorrect.) As I stated above of the 3/15 that have tallied for me 2 were City Solicitors and 1 was a Malacath Priest. Did you try interacting with either priest or Batasha?
    Edited by Helio_Aviatik on February 7, 2019 8:23PM
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »

Other wiki's and posts elsewhere have stated all four npc's give credit (possibly they were wrong, that's what I'm trying to find out. If they were correct there is a bug, if not, previous posts were incorrect.) As I stated above of the 3/15 that have tallied for me 2 were City Solicitors and 1 was a Malacath Priest. Did you try interacting with either priest or Batasha?

Yes, as stated above - only solicitors give progress to the achievement for me.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been broken for 2 years now... I don't think they are interested in fixing it if I'm honest... let's face facts, if after 2 years they haven't addressed this issue, you think they will now?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The achievement only works for donations to the solicitors, the other random encounters are just flavour or have their own achievements.

You can note their locations with some maps online or add-ons if playing on PC then run circuits of the zone to look for them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not broken. Any posts claiming that you get credit for any of the 4 spawn types are wrong. Flatly wrong. Only the City Solicitor gives credit toward the achievement. The other 3 are just random spawns that give the Buff of their god.

Just like the other random spawn locations. Interacting with a Firestarter NPC doesn’t count towards your Give to the Poor achievement, and interacting with a Malakath Priest doesn’t count towards the Patron achievement.
    Edited by Reverb on February 8, 2019 3:19PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Helio_Aviatik
    Reverb wrote: »
    It’s not broken. Any posts claiming that you get credit for any of the 4 spawn types are wrong. Flatly wrong. Only the City Solicitor gives credit toward the achievement. The other 3 are just random spawns that give the Buff of their god.

Just like the other random spawn locations. Interacting with a Firestarter NPC doesn’t count towards your Give to the Poor achievement, and interacting with a Malakath Priest doesn’t count towards the Patron achievement.

The Malacath Priest did indeed give me credit for the Orsinium Patron, so something is definitely broken.
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    It is broken and yes, nobody is gonna do anything, as always.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    As harsh as it may sound:

None of the other 3 have ever counted for me for the City Solicitor ("Orsinium Patron") achievement.
    It also clearly states whom to donate to. Its the only one talking about the city.

So far there is one person with 1 occurence of 'the trinimac priest worked as well', so its much more likely this one is human error.

I've been on and off this achievement for years now, and might not have met them for months. But whenever I did, donating (to the right NPC) counted towards the achievemnt.

If there is anything broken, its the spawn rates. Or that only 1 player can interact before they despawn. All spawn locations are known, but circling between them for multiple hrs might not give 1 occurance.
    Edited by WAMB0 on May 2, 2021 8:23PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is nearly three years old we've decided to close out the discussion. If you are running into a bug with achievements, you can report these in the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.