Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AwesomeGuildStore not working?

Vahdin_Meridia
I've recently updated both my AGS and MM to their newest versions (0_43_4 and 2.0.2) but now AGS gives me Error: dependency. It says I need LibStub and LibCustomMenu as addons. Does anyone know what went wrong? It used to work completely fine.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is in your error message.

Update your Libstub and LibCustomMenu Addons.

Minion usually does this for you, but not always.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    many addons, containing the same library, have stopped including that library in the addon itself. Those libraries have to be downloaded separately now, since they are shared between addons. You should be able to find the library names, then use the find more on minion, choose the library category, and find the libraries to update easily. It's more or less because having different addons using different versions of a single library could cause problems.

@Alassirana
  • Vahdin_Meridia
    Unfortunately I do not use minion, I have tried to but for some reason it does not work on my laptop. Any idea how I can update or install them manually?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re probably already installed but not active. They’re in the own category in the addon menu, at the bottom. If they’re there, call them on and reload UI and you’re good to go.

If they aren’t listed go to ESOUI.com, use the search bar to find them, and download and install them like you would a normal addon
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I do not use minion, I have tried to but for some reason it does not work on my laptop. Any idea how I can update or install them manually?

Is your game and or your My Documents folder in a non stock location? Mine are and I had to tell Minion where my game and my addons folder are.

Also, if you have multiple locations in My Documents Library, you may have to manually configure Minion
    Edited by Nestor on November 29, 2018 3:08PM

• Vahdin_Meridia
    I have tried to install them as a normal mod, but it still does not work. I also cannot find anything about it in the in-game addon menu.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can install the libraries like any other addon. Or you can go back to the latest working version of AGS.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    There seems to have been a recent trend for addon authors to move from embedded libraries, to external pre-existing ones because, well why reinvent the wheel...However, although some addons may include the required stand-alone Library addon, some may not. They might state on the ESOUI site for their addon, that this library or that library is now required, but it's not included with their addon, and they might or might not say that last part on the page. What I've started doing is, if I run across any libraries that my other addons depend on, I'll simply install that as well, through Minion, and I always use auto-update.This way, if an addon has the stand-alone library in question included, great, the addon will use that. If it doesn't have it included then the stand-alone is utilized. In addition, Minion will now update those Library addons as well, since they're installed the same as my other addons.

I don't know if this approach has really made a difference or not, since it would make any new dependencies transparent to me, but I do seem to have less issues with required but missing Libraries than I was having for a while.

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

You can install the libraries like any other addon. Or you can go back to the latest working version of AGS.

Sometimes people do have issues with Minion. What OS are you using, and is it 32bit or 64bit? If you are on a 64bit OS, and already trying but failing with 64bit Minion, try the 32bit version. Some have recommended also running Minion as an Administrator. These are just a couple thoughts, because Minion is very useful, and worth getting to work if at all possible.

Meanwhile, until and unless you are able to do so, then just use the ESOUI.COM webpage to download the addons you wish, including AGS, and the required Libraries. The latter will usually be named something like LibStub or LibMenu or along those lines. In fact now that I'm typing this, it occurs to me that AGS may have been one that I did have a library issue with. Try manually installing the libraries that it says are missing and the current version of AGS should work fine. That's what I did, although I did it though Minion, and AGS works fine for me now.

Anyway, as far as installing manually, the file on ESOUI will probably be a zip file, whether it's RAR or 7z, or ZIP, etc. Once you download it, open it up and you should have a folder named the same or similar to the addon. You find the folder on your HD that has the rest of your addons, and then place the new folder in the same place. The location of that folder is dependent on things like 32bit vs. 64bit, and which OS you have, and whether it's PC or Mac. Normally, if you're on a current Windows 64bit OS, you would find an Elder Scrolls Online folder within your Documents folder. Go inside that, and then go inside the folder called live. There you will find the folder called AddOns. Put your new addon folder inside there including the new library addons, and unless there's something special to the install, that should be all you need.

There are exceptions to this method of manual install, and if an addon needs to be installed differently, then you can expect the author to state so on the ESOUI page, but most will follow the above.

I hope this helps, because both Minion and AGS are excellent, and I can't play without either of them.

• Vahdin_Meridia
    Meanwhile, until and unless you are able to do so, then just use the ESOUI.COM webpage to download the addons you wish, including AGS, and the required Libraries. The latter will usually be named something like LibStub or LibMenu or along those lines.

I tried installing them like this, but unfortunately it gives me the same error. I will try to install Minion another way, and see if it will work :)
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's kinda odd that you're having this much trouble...what's failing for you with Minion. Is the install failing, or are you having problems running Minion after it's installed? Also, what OS are you on and is it 32bit or 64bit?

...you might wanna also try repairing the game client...

• Vahdin_Meridia
    I have tried to install Minion again. At first it went smoothly, but now I have the same issue as before: I launch it, it does open but once I click the icon to actually open the program it closes itself. I am on OS 64bit.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to get you shopping again, are you able to manually install the LIB addons? They go in the same place as all other addons, you basically just extract the archive, then drop the Lib folders in your Addons folder

• Vahdin_Meridia
    Hm, I thought I had done so but I now notice I have not. I will try to see if that works!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have it installed, check marked off in the addons, but how do i 'start' it?
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.