Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The silence of zenimax

Rak_am
Rak_am
✭✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 24, 2022 12:33PM
zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there's a huge disconnect between players and ZOS. Even if it's better than what it has been, it's still very poor.
    It makes people feel like they're not being heard/ignored.
    I think it's not so much the devs fault but the suits fault for where they decide to place the money. There's only so much that people like Gina can reply to = Understaffed in that department.
    They place the money where it generates the most revenue and as long as people keep buying stuff from the Crown Store then that's what they'll keep improving. And that's where the game has made the biggest change through the years.
    However.
    It's not just black and white. For example getting rid of the Crown Store would lead to them having No revenue and having to shut down the game completely.
    But having emphathis on quality gameplay over "I look good" (costumes, pets, homes etc) would generate more players.

It's just more and more becoming like a SimsOnline type of game.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know you're not really sorry.

Also either deal with the state of things and wait for patches, or uninstall. Those are your options.

And inb4lock.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    We know you're not really sorry.

Also either deal with the state of things and wait for patches, or uninstall. Those are your options.

And inb4lock.

and ?
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the reason they dont speak...its cuz they are the true Dark Brotherhood...They Know.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"
    I think this would be a huge step forwards.

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • fatmanatcomp
    fatmanatcomp
    ✭✭✭
    I love the people who do @anyonewhodoesnothavetheirheaduptheirass to answer them as if they are their friends and they actually give a crap that your game does not work properly every time they chuck more crap onto the top of the already buggy crap.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No more road ahead or letters announcement if its not the end of the third month pts or crown update we don't hear ****!
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there's silence it just means theres no answers. When theres good or better news then we hear from them. This has been typically how they have gone about communicating. So there's your answer I guess.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class rep system was revealed to be an absolute sham—as expected. I feel sorry for those roped into the program now.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS try hard to interact with the community. You can see that on their replies, developer comments, class reps, etc. However, it seems that isn't being effective. All the effort they putting is nulified by failing to address the elephant in the room.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't fix the game when the big shots are laying out on their yachts sipping away on wine and champagne while watching bikinis as revenues and profits are continuously pouring in from crown store items, DLCs and Chapters sales. I'm sure the worker bees have their directives; keep pushing more and new crown items and DLCs and nothing else. Those are the purposes for the continuation of ESO.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

Like the same problems aren't on PC. smh
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class rep system i think was created with the best of intentions, but the selection process and the communities expectations for it could have been handled better.

Once the community realised it wasn't going to be exactly how they thought it was going to be, the support for it began to disappear.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When
    When there's silence it just means theres no answers. When theres good or better news then we hear from them. This has been typically how they have gone about communicating. So there's your answer I guess.

Silence might also mean , "we don't care".
    Which by any means , in human interaction is as plausible as what you said.
    I tend to think that the latter is happening.
    Wherever money is involved there is no such a thing as "no answer"
    Wherever EASY money is involved though don't expect quick services/responses.

The methods of ZOS are the worst i 've seen in a decade of online gaming.
    They don't answer not only because they don't wan't to,
    not only because they don't know what to answer
    but mainly because, they feel they DON'T have to.
    Whereas in every other good service providing company the 1st thing once would find
    established would be the costumer services.

Think that twice when you buy things from ZOS again.
    Edited by KoultouraS on November 15, 2018 1:02PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    ZOS try hard to interact with the community. You can see that on their replies, developer comments, class reps, etc. However, it seems that isn't being effective. All the effort they putting is nulified by failing to address the elephant in the room.

I agree that they work hard, but how many times do you see threads like 5 or 6 pages long about a bug that causes major issues and the only ZOS response is "we have removed a number of comments...."

Moderation and communication are not the same.

What we're asking is for more of the good communication and less of the silence. If we break that silence only good can come from it.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TequilaFire PC is infinitly better than console. I don't have any of the complaints or anger that these console people have. THe game runs stable and lag free for me. I can't ask for much more. SMH.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Runs better on ps4 for me than on gaming pc where every update the launcher dont work or steam isnt connecting or crowns not appearing no blue screens and random crashes no missing textures, pvp lag no where near as bad, no hax or addons that tell players what skill I'll use 2 weeks beforei use it. Best part no carpal tunnel from wasd movement and mouse use. No need for outside programs to use voice chat. I mean sure you can keep you higher texture trees and grass.
    Edited by Mettaricana on November 15, 2018 1:09PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TequilaFire PC is infinitly better than console. I don't have any of the complaints or anger that these console people have. THe game runs stable and lag free for me. I can't ask for much more. SMH.

I have both xb and PC and many of the same issues exist.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭

Runs better on ps4 for me than on gaming pc where every update the launcher dont work or steam isnt connecting or crowns not appearing no blue screens and random crashes no missing textures, pvp lag no where near as bad, no hax or addons that tell players what skill I'll use 2 weeks beforei use it. Best part no carpal tunnel from wasd movement and mouse use. No need for outside programs to use voice chat. I mean sure you can keep you higher texture trees and grass.

It's funny how I don't have any of all those problems you just listed ^^ Just to show how different gaming experiences on the same platform can be. But who cares, just play where you want.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amateur, you need to clickbait ZOS with "crown store" in the title, otherwise they wont even check the thread.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is just as much lag and problems on PC.
    Do you play both? Well I do.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rak_am wrote: »

Late to the party cowboy. The rodeo is over. Yeehaw or whatever.

Edit: What I mean is, if it hasn't happened by now, what can we expect for the future.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on November 15, 2018 1:27PM
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not new. It has been happening since the original developers left and now the new ones don't know how to handle some bugs in the old code of this engine
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say that since the patch on Monday I've done a couple vMoL HM runs including wiping a lot and most of the Murkmire introduced bugs seem to be gone. Invisible mechanics etc.

Still have the pre Murkmire bugs with occasional crashes, Hulk not spawning etc. but overall it was way way better than it was last week.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    I can say that since the patch on Monday I've done a couple vMoL HM runs including wiping a lot and most of the Murkmire introduced bugs seem to be gone. Invisible mechanics etc.

Still have the pre Murkmire bugs with occasional crashes, Hulk not spawning etc. but overall it was way way better than it was last week.

@NupidStoob Console haven't had that update yet, we still have last weeks issues too :no_mouth:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2

Can confirm from her twitter account
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see what is the point of speaking, they are going to make a copy paste:

our engineers are working
    it is a priority
    we understand the frustration
    blah blah blah

the same as always, empty words, whats the point?

better talk when you have something solid.
This discussion has been closed.