Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

craglorn and cyridell flickering/artifacting assets--- old bug --- needs forum mod attention

LartenCrepsley
LartenCrepsley
✭✭✭
many of the eso community have been having an issue where the assets in craglorn, and for some cyridell are flickering where it looks like artifacting from a failing graphics card, but it is the game.... i found a bug report thread on this in july in which i commented and sense then the issue still happens.... i will post the original bug report thread as well as the video the op of the thread posted with the issue below.... i would really like this bug fixed if posible... it is distracting, and worrisome that this bug has remained in game so long after being reported.

heres a video of the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRJ-U38_mI

heres the original bug report thread i replied to back in july and the issue still hasnt been fixed https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423244/<iframe width=#reply-anchor

please fix this asap.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    bumping so it can get some attention and can get forwarded to the proper people, seeing as it has been posted on the bug forums for several months with no fix
    Edited by LartenCrepsley on October 26, 2018 2:07PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It goes further back than that. I remember thinking my graphics card was dying when I first noticed this. That would have been back in April or May. I think this may have come in with Dragonbones. I'm honestly not sure.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    It goes further back than that. I remember thinking my graphics card was dying when I first noticed this. That would have been back in April or May. I think this may have come in with Dragonbones. I'm honestly not sure.

thank you for posting, the more people who say they have this issue may get us the fix we need... that bug forum post has been around sinse july and no action was taken to fix it... so now im posting here and hoping one of the forum mods can at least point it out to the proper team or whatever...

its a very scary bug, that has the same symptoms of a dying video card.... i know several friends who actually went out and purchased new hardware thinking there pc was screwing up... i now warn all my friends who join the game about the bug so they dont do the same thing.... this shouldnt be happening and this is the major reason i want it fixed.... its a turnoff to new players when one of the bugs has the same symptoms of making there system fail, or at least looking like it
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i'm glad someone else is addressing this i thought it was my gpu crapping out lol.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Lilyanne
    Lilyanne
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, that's also still happening for me in Craglorn. Not sure about Cyro, I wasn't there for a long time.
    Hello, I'm a huge goat enthusiast.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm also. Same thing happening for me.
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, had a 1080 gtx at the time and it has continued to happen after replacing the card with an rtx 2080. It's particularly bad in northern craglorn, northern cyrodiil near dragonclaw, and in aetherian archive throughout the trial.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    bumping this again, no response from customer server... want one of them to see it and report it to there higher ups for a fix
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted in the other thread linked by the OP but I can confirm this is still happening in Craglorn.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    bumping this again, like i said i am hoping that a game mod can report this to the proper people... bugs been around over a year, many of us pay for eso + as a service as for such service we expect bugs to be squashed... hate being difficult like this but this greatly breaks my immersion bad ruins my experience questing in craglorn and cyridell.
  • Esutick
    Esutick
    ✭✭
    Bumping this up again cause can confirm this is not fixed yet!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl7DaxsWdCM
    Edited by Esutick on October 31, 2018 3:14PM
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this issue as well. It's about to give me a damn seizure with the amount of flickering that is happening in my screen. It even happens when i'm in the bank in Craglorn.
    uwu
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Happening for me too
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping again for notice
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    bumping for notice as well, i don't want to have a seizure trying to find trials in crag
    uwu
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the same here. I've sent a lot of ticket, but the only response: it's a known issue. I hope a fix soon or if someone know how to fix changing settings or something else, please, tell me how.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BillE

Seriously, nobody in the whole ZOS answer or moderate this thread.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have a clue why this is happening? It seems only a few people have this issue. We have something in common that it produce this issue.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have a clue why this is happening? It seems only a few people have this issue. We have something in common that it produce this issue.

well i can link my specs i guess and go from there, did so in one of the other threads that popped up over the past year but didnt seem to help...

windows 10 64 bit (most recent patch)
    i7 4790k at 4.0ghz
    Nvidia Gtx 1070 8gb Founders edition
    16 gigs of ram
    non solid state hardrive (dont know if that would matter)

have reinstalled the game numorous times

have tried every nvidia driver over the past year, it seems the alter drivers have this issue more frequently but they all have it to some degree

steelseries as well as razor software on pc...

recent install of windows, i refresh my pc every 6 months or so, with the most recent refresh being less than 3 weeks ago

have tried both the steam and normal client . both have the issue regardless of where you install from
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭

well i can link my specs i guess and go from there, did so in one of the other threads that popped up over the past year but didnt seem to help...

i7 4790k at 4.0ghz
    16 gigs of ram

have tried every nvidia driver over the past year, it seems the alter drivers have this issue more frequently but they all have it to some degree

recent install of windows, i refresh my pc every 6 months or so, with the most recent refresh being less than 3 weeks ago

have tried both the steam and normal client . both have the issue regardless of where you install from

Are you using NVIDIA G-SYNC?

I have a 144 Hz monitor and I tried to set to 60 Hz to fix v-sync to 60 fps, but nothing. I tried deactivating G-SYNC, but nothing as well. Inside the game I tried to switch off all the graphic options and, one more time, nothing.

It's very curious that only the issue happen in Craglorn and the other zones, the game goes well.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭

i7 4790k at 4.0ghz
    16 gigs of ram

Are you using NVIDIA G-SYNC?

I have a 144 Hz monitor and I tried to set to 60 Hz to fix v-sync to 60 fps, but nothing. I tried deactivating G-SYNC, but nothing as well. Inside the game I tried to switch off all the graphic options and, one more time, nothing.

It's very curious that only the issue happen in Craglorn and the other zones, the game goes well.

my current monitor is a 52 inch 4k tv with hdr, so that doesnt support gsync.... it has a 60hz refresh rate as well...
    have also played on a 42 inch 1080p tv (which was what i owned when i first experienced the bug back about a year ago)

also forgot to mention ive played the game with both Vsync on as well as off... this bug happens regardless
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, mate. We will never know what it's the reason that produce this issue. It's very sad and a great shame nobody in ZOS attend and give a response their customers.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very surprised how this afternoon a ZOS member answered a lot of threads from this forum ignoring just this one. Why? Anything about we can't know?
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed this thread was moved from PC Technical Support to Bug Reports by @ZOS_BillE, but... where is the response or the solution?
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    I avoid craglorn what i see is objects flickering i see what looks what i believe to be artifacts ie bars and shapes of objects rendered (perhaps from different layers) it flat out visually disturbing to get strobing, im glad im not a person that that can be rendered sick or worse by this problem
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed this thread was moved from PC Technical Support to Bug Reports by @ZOS_BillE, but... where is the response or the solution?

the original thread that was posted was in the bug forum and it died due to not enough exposure.... hopefully that doesnt happen again
    Edited by LartenCrepsley on November 8, 2018 7:24PM
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this thread doesn't fall in the forgotten. At least a moderator moved this thread to this forum section, this want to say, he have read it but didn't give a response. If it's a known issue, at least he or they could to tranquilize to the people saying it's a recognized issue and it will be fixed in the future, but not, the only response: silence.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    At least it doesn't crash
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right, but it's very frustrating you cannot do anything and noone in the company say anything.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    bumping so its stays relevant, dont want this one dissapearing like the last thread that was in bug reports with no fixes made...

would love for a forum mod to comment on this and tell us there at least aware of it and if it will be worked on or not... i avoid craglorn almost completely due to this bug, would love to be able to gather nirncrux but the flashing makes me dizzy so i avoid it all together when i can.... bugs been around for a year or more almost... would love a fix...
This discussion has been closed.