The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wolfhunter vMHK - On a short leash achievement

NupidStoob
NupidStoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey y'all trying to complete the vMHK achievements specifically "On a short Leash" and haven't found an obvious way to not take damage from the dogs. It says no damage from "restrained" dogs which makes me think that we have to break them free each time while tank kites one around and then making them cower?

This seems quite intense for a 5 point achievement though so I am wondering if I am missing something really obvious?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on March 23, 2023 7:24PM
  • Disturbed125
    Disturbed125
    ✭✭✭
    "restrained" is actually a debuff put on one of the wolves. You can control which wolf gets the debuff by having the tank taunt one and pull it to where the boss is located. The other wolf (the one the tank didnt taunt) should then be pulled to the wall by the chain mechanic (the wolves share a chain so when one is pulled far away from the wall the other has to go towards the wall). At this point just range the restrained wolf down first.

Edit: I should add that this starts the timer for a mechanic called "time to switch" which triggers the wolves to pounce at you if you dont kill one of them fast enough.
    Edited by Disturbed125 on September 10, 2018 11:24PM
    [PC NA] -Chaos Riders-
    Flawless Conqueror - Boethia's Scythe - Mageslayer - Ophidian Overloard - Shehai Shatterer - Divayth Fyr's Conjugator - Voice of Reason - Dro'Mathra Destroyer - Blackrose Executioner - Bringer of Light - Extinguisher of Flames - Xalvakka's Scourge
    Trifectas
    Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Depths Defier - Relentless Raider - The Unchained (1st NA / 2nd World) - Immortal Redeemer - Nature's Wrath - Defanged the Devourer - Tick Tock Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Dawnbringer - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - GodSlayer - Privateer - Coral Caretaker
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "restrained" is actually a debuff put on one of the wolves. You can control which wolf gets the debuff by having the tank taunt one and pull it to where the boss is located. The other wolf (the one the tank didnt taunt) should then be pulled to the wall by the chain mechanic (the wolves share a chain so when one is pulled far away from the wall the other has to go towards the wall). At this point just range the restrained wolf down first.

Edit: I should add that this starts the timer for a mechanic called "time to switch" which triggers the wolves to pounce at you if you dont kill one of them fast enough.

Thanks man! We got it right away.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

Thanks man! We got it right away.

how? we kept trying and we still fail it. I taunt the left add, Ary, and stand on boss. The right one, Zel, stays at wall. Group kills Zel and then focuses boss, Ary dies in cleave, nobody got hit by Zel, only tank got hit by Ary cuz it's the taunted one, we didn't reach the mechanic cuz we pushed boss as 3 dds, non hardmode, but still not getting it.

edit: so that way definitely did not work, what we did was have a kiter to kite the leash wolves around while the rest of us just focused the boss and we got it this way, everyone just avoids getting hit by leash wolves while kiter runs with one
    Edited by Sergykid on March 22, 2023 12:26PM
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.