Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Former Emperor Vendor

JitchDaddy
JitchDaddy
✭✭✭
Where can I find this vendor people get the Former Emporer title from? I've killed so many trash players with this title. I hear it's in Kyne.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How can you kill something that has no life?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this a hidden brag title?

But ye its same in pve. Max cp players with dromatra destroyer and what not, don't bar swap, use ult or any skills, just light attack spamming.

I don't think it's the low population campaign emperor farm that is the problem here, I think it's too common recently to sell accounts.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭

But ye its same in pve. Max cp players with dromatra destroyer and what not, don't bar swap, use ult or any skills, just light attack spamming.

I don't think it's the low population campaign emperor farm that is the problem here, I think it's too common recently to sell accounts.

I'm more referring to the fact that Emp has become a joke. All you need is a group to carry you and no life. I played a BGs match with a lvl 26 Former Emporer. The very next match, I was against him and it was a slaughter. Not just me. My entire team painted the walls with his virtual royal blood.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need to be an Emperor is to make a lot of AP and be in first place at the right time. Not necessarily a good PVPer.

Now, a good PVPer makes for an awesome, terrifying Emperor. But you quickly learn which are the Former Emperor's who earned their titles through good PVP.

Other Former Emperors you look at and think "Man, I'm pretty sure Martin Septim lasted longer as emperor than you did."

Its sort of like Grand Overlord.
    Or any high rank in PVP. You can tell which ones are good PVPers in a fight and which ones ground their way to that rank by gaining lots of AP. (I'm more in the 2nd boat, with having August Palatine on my Cyrodiil Healer, who's not very good in a 1v1 but good at supporting organized groups and I focus on playing the map rather than killing).
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    All you need to be an Emperor is to make a lot of AP and be in first place at the right time. Not necessarily a good PVPer.

Now, a good PVPer makes for an awesome, terrifying Emperor. But you quickly learn which are the Former Emperor's who earned their titles through good PVP.

Other Former Emperors you look at and think "Man, I'm pretty sure Martin Septim lasted longer as emperor than you did."

Or any high rank in PVP. You can tell which ones are good PVPers in a fight and which ones ground their way to that rank by gaining lots of AP. (I'm more in the 2nd boat, with having August Palatine on my Cyrodiil Healer, who's not very good in a 1v1 but good at supporting organized groups and I focus on playing the map rather than killing).

All of this is true except Grand Overlord. If you PvP enough to get that much AP, it would be impossible for you to not at least ACCIDENTALLY learn what you're doing. In my experience, if a GO is getting wrecked by peasants, he's probably trying out a new build or skills.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JitchDaddy wrote: »

All of this is true except Grand Overlord. If you PvP enough to get that much AP, it would be impossible for you to not at least ACCIDENTALLY learn what you're doing. In my experience, if a GO is getting wrecked by peasants, he's probably trying out a new build or skills.

Bleakers-swap GOs say hello!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The vendor is in the event campaigns.

I finally thought ZOS did the right/smart thing and removed the ability to get Emp on those campaigns for the IC event on purpose. But they are looking into not being able to Emp in those campaigns as a bug now.
    Edited by Runs on September 7, 2018 1:47PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of this is true except Grand Overlord. If you PvP enough to get that much AP, it would be impossible for you to not at least ACCIDENTALLY learn what you're doing.
    You would think so, but there are numerous chronically mediocre GOs.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    All of this is true except Grand Overlord. If you PvP enough to get that much AP, it would be impossible for you to not at least ACCIDENTALLY learn what you're doing.
    You would think so, but there are numerous chronically mediocre GOs.

I can't say you're wrong. There are quite a few, but the majority fall under that rule.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh, yeah, that's pretty much my opinion of getting Grand Overlord, but people will tell me I'm wrong :)

I know I into the category of high ranking PVPer who gets wrecked 1v1 when I'm on my healer who's built for group support, so I'm not as surprised by it as the people who measure PVP skill solely by kill counts. I earned my AP through healing and capturing / defending keeps.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm more referring to the fact that Emp has become a joke. All you need is a group to carry you and no life. I played a BGs match with a lvl 26 Former Emporer. The very next match, I was against him and it was a slaughter. Not just me. My entire team painted the walls with his virtual royal blood.

Neither emp, grand overlord or any other type of show-off in this game matters due to the fact that account selling is a common thing lately, so I think don't bother. I rather want emp who got carried by friends and group and no life, than an emp who bought account.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭

Neither emp, grand overlord or any other type of show-off in this game matters due to the fact that account selling is a common thing lately, so I think don't bother. I rather want emp who got carried by friends and group and no life, than an emp who bought account.

I honestly have never heard of this happening in ESO although I'm sure it does. Does it really happen that often?
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    addon available that lets you have any title you want, distributed with most of the popular addons, were they actual Former Emperors?
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    addon available that lets you have any title you want, distributed with most of the popular addons, were they actual Former Emperors?

I play console so yes they actually had the title.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s been a joke since the day the game was released. First enporer was crown within a few hours of the game going live.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a huge misconception that because you dominate someone who is a former emperor that means that they are a bad player(or bought emp or an account). In reality, duels and small scale aren't the areas in which you earn the title so judging someone who is proclaiming their skill in a one facet of PVP based on a totally different facet of PVP isn't logical. A person seeking Emperor or who participates in that type of game play could be the most skilled person on the planet in that type of game play, with the best possible build, but that build and skillset will perform very poorly in the facet of PVP that you're often facing and judging this person on.

Yes, there's Emperor trading and account selling, but saying "oh I smash this former emperor, he's a trash player" is just you playing into your own ego instead of taking an objective look at what's really happening.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 7, 2018 5:58PM
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    There's a huge misconception that because you dominate someone who is a former emperor that means that they are a bad player(or bought emp or an account). In reality, duels and small scale aren't the areas in which you earn the title so judging someone who is proclaiming their skill in a one facet of PVP based on a totally different facet of PVP isn't logical. A person seeking Emperor or who participates in that type of game play could be the most skilled person on the planet in that type of game play, with the best possible build, but that build and skillset will perform very poorly in the facet of PVP that you're often facing and judging this person on.

Yes, there's Emperor trading and account selling, but saying "oh I smash this former emperor, he's a trash player" is just you playing into your own ego instead of taking an objective look at what's really happening.

I apologize if I wasn't clear enough. That was a recent example, not the birth of this idea. I have encountered dozens of clueless Former Emporers in IC, Cyrodiil, and Battlegrounds. These people gather 24 mediocre players, dominate a low populated campaign and cap every keep almost unopposed.

Right now, there is a thread made by someone complaining because Emp is bugged in certain low population Campaigns. They have 150k AP and took the circle multiple times but didn't get their precious title...150k AP... Trash is trash. You can sit there by the dumpster and defend it all you want.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It goes deeper the selling accounts. Game is just easy.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I apologize if I wasn't clear enough. That was a recent example, not the birth of this idea. I have encountered dozens of clueless Former Emporers in IC, Cyrodiil, and Battlegrounds. These people gather 24 mediocre players, dominate a low populated campaign and cap every keep almost unopposed.

Right now, there is a thread made by someone complaining because Emp is bugged in certain low population Campaigns. They have 150k AP and took the circle multiple times but didn't get their precious title...150k AP... Trash is trash. You can sit there by the dumpster and defend it all you want.

The vast majority of emperors are crowned on active campaigns since 1.5
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Titles are a joke, especially Former Emperor, and clutter the interface. Just turn them off.

Edited by Enkil on September 8, 2018 2:54PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Titles are a joke, especially Former Emperor, and clutter the interface. Just turn them off.

But then I wont be able to fight people while proudly wearing my Master Angler title!
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Easy ways to get EMP on PC-EU.
    • Make a fresh character and stomp new players / run from keep to keep on First day after Reset in Kyne (with AP buff)
    • Play on a dead campaign like shor as DC and get your free emp title within the first evening. Just make sure you are running from keep to keep faster than everyone else and have mutagen on the bar while maintaining your AP buff from delve bosses in cyrodiil.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem..with the.emp and grand overlord titles are this ...

You see them and people go PvP ... And equate it to world heavyweight boxing champion ...

Truth is BGs are have titles much more worthy of PvP fighters ...

Cyrodil is more a game of chess ...

You don't have to be good at PvP but if you're a group crown and you can lead and use great tactics ... You can assure a climb to emp. With an average PvP group

Don't get me wrong a good group of PvP players can lay waste to a group of average players ...

But for some people cyrodil is a long campaign and play for the campaign which is much more about tactics and strategies than it is about who can kill more players
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo emp players are few and far in between. When you run with a group and get quadruple the ap you normally would, it becomes clear. The only solo Emps I've seen in Vivec are MagBlades or MagSorcs who bomb. If you run with the right group consistently every day/night you get way more ap than solo.

Most emps you see in Vivec get the majority of their ap running with tight groups. Usually they are skilled players. It's hard to play often and absolutely suck, though some people make you laugh. All depends on build, playstyle and situation. When all factions are pop locked, it's easy to get kills, keeps and rss for ap. During low pop times it's difficult to do much more than rss farm or find random fights when you're solo. A knowledgeable group is usually more fun either way.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever come across me you might kill me easily but I did work for 4 years to get my EMP/Former EMP title and I wear it with Pride
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to jump in to dispute this one. There are countless GOs (at least on XB NA) who are absolutely lost at all times and die to anyone.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »

Just wanted to jump in to dispute this one. There are countless GOs (at least on XB NA) who are absolutely lost at all times and die to anyone.

Shout out to Runny
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 15, 2018 11:12PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've decided to close this thread since it is non-constructive and not conducive of a productive conversation. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.