Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf Ele Drain

Ragnaroek93
Ragnaroek93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It's op.
I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explain thyself.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot purge
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    600 magreg, instacast, no costs, major fracture. And they nerfed Incap because it was overloaded. Devs???
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can‘t be OP. It’s not a Sorc class skill.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restores mag only when you do damage so that's fine.

99% of skills are insta cast.

Think being free is fine, only really used for the regen on longer fights.

Provided by most other stuff (e.g. tanks, stamblades etc...)

Guess they could change minor magsteal to only proc on light/heavy attacks but I wouldn't add a cost or cast time to this skill.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Omg.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you’re pushing for even less incentive to have a healer in dungeon groups?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    600 magreg, instacast, no costs, major fracture. And they nerfed Incap because it was overloaded. Devs???

If you want to take away one of the other skills you'd normally use to put those purgable debuffs on me and be skillful enough to damage me every second to get that regen, by all means you are welcome to do so. I don't have a problem at all when a destro staff user hits me with this skill.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better idea buff siphon.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better idea buff siphon.

This. Although ultimately only one of the two skills will be used, its hard to make them both situationally good.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Ele is almost exclusively used in PvE, and its usage is balanced. There is no need for it to be nerfed.

Seriously, what is with all these ignorant "nerf X" threads?
    PC-NA Goat
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a world skill available to everyone and yet in most dungeon groups its not used unless its a coordinated group.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skill is totaly fine, you should read better what's incap does.
  • Massacor
    Massacor
    Soul Shriven
    Well, the spell itself is overpowering as a debuff. No other debuff have a so huge impact in a fight, it permits low regen PVP build with high damage to be effective in long time fight and increase the already high penetration from magicka class. And for people complaining about incap, it's an ult, not a free-to-use-without-loosing-burst-debuff. But still incap too strong, the ult cost increase is nice (if they didn't change it)

I'm agree with PVE players, we shouldn't nerf the effect (way too much needed in PVE), but change the regen proc on light/heavy attack only against players, so defensive players in PVP won't profit from it (dots), or reduce the regen when use against player and so on...
    Edited by Massacor on July 31, 2018 8:30AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Better idea buff siphon.

This. Although ultimately only one of the two skills will be used, its hard to make them both situationally good.

latest?cb=20160612133813
    1. Siphon Spirit should be changed to include Minor Staminasteal but loses out on the Minor Lifesteal
    2. Quick Siphon should provide Minor Heroism as well as Minor Lifesteal

With these changes, all 3 become situational but useful. E-Drain is free, provides Major Breech and Minor Magicka Steal but in a 4 man group, it might be more beneficial to run Siphon Spirit since it restores resources to everyone but in trials when 1 Healer is running E-Drain or Siphon Spirit, the other Healer can provide Quick Siphon for Minor Heroism buff.
    Argonian forever
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah tbh, I don't find it OP, but Its kind of a skilless skill. Slap a cost on it, then it'll be mainly for healers who can take sacrifice of their own mag and multiply it over a group.

If you want to take away one of the other skills you'd normally use to put those purgable debuffs on me and be skillful enough to damage me every second to get that regen, by all means you are welcome to do so. I don't have a problem at all when a destro staff user hits me with this skill.

Its purgable, but not to like 90% of players. And easy. Ele drain+entropy and set.
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 31, 2018 10:13AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, we've already got nerfed sustain in Morrowind.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more nerfing sustain. I for one do not want to heavy attack all day long after 3 skills. But I think OP was trollposting as he seems to be a Stamblade main.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As mostly stamina DK, may I shyly vote to instead do the opposite and buff stamina sustain by giving it something like that? Like, peace on Earth. :)
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a PvP thread btw. Let Siphon give penetration and magreg but give it a cast time and take away the pen from Ele Drain.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. Please nerf the only source of Major Breach for most magicka chars. If you compare that to Major Fracture, that is tacked onto stamina class spammables...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Please nerf the only source of Major Breach for most magicka chars. If you compare that to Major Fracture, that is tacked onto stamina class spammables...

Stam doesn't have a skill which gives 600 regen for free tho.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on July 31, 2018 11:33AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feanor , just out of curiosity - which are those spammables? I only know it's present on nighblade, but not all stamina characters are nightblades. DK has AoE dot with it, but the dot itself isn't awfully strong and doesn't always make it into rotations.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feanor , just out of curiosity - which are those spammables? I only know it's present on nighblade, but not all stamina characters are nightblades. DK has AoE dot with it, but the dot itself isn't awfully strong and doesn't always make it into rotations.

NB - Surprise Attack, DK - Noxius Breath, Warden - Subterranean Assault, Templar - Power of the Light (minor fracture though).
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

NB - Surprise Attack, DK - Noxius Breath, Warden - Subterranean Assault, Templar - Power of the Light (minor fracture though).

Major fracture can also come from ransack as a spammable
    Edited by Aedaryl on July 31, 2018 12:03PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feanor - aha, thank you; I've looked up, not all spammables, but all sounds legit. Granted, NB's Mark Target gives Major Breach too, and Warden's Subterranean Assault can be morphed into Deep Fissure for same effect, or so it seems.

But generally, in most group content, it would seem that the tank's Pierce Armor would cover all need for both Breach and Fracture. Not making it an argument for nerfing Drain, of course.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERFING ANYTHING FOR PVP IS A NET LOSS FOR THE GAME.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several inappropriate and baiting comments. We have decided to close this thread. Please remember to keep comments civil and constructive in future posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.