Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Location of Patcher?

Ostacia
Ostacia
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi! I'm one of those that bought the base game to get away from launching ESO via Steam. Everything has been fine until today when I tried to log in and a pop up told me to run the "patcher." I logged into Steam and the game patched, but, just in case, I'd like to know where to find this patcher on my machine (for the inevitable day when Steam doesn't work with ESO again). Thanks in advance!

I launch the game from here now: /Users/<myusername>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient/eso.app
PC/ NA
Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The help article linked below has links for installing the launcher if you normally have trouble accessing them.

Why is the download link missing after I activated a code for ESO on the account page?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I downloaded the .dmg file. I only need the launcher part, not the whole game, though. What to do? Will running this start a download of the entire game or just the launcher?
    Edited by Ostacia on July 3, 2018 5:14PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! So I downloaded the launcher on the link you provided, but when I run it, there's no "PLAY" button. It is usually in the lower right corner:

2yy1d74.png

How do I get the PLAY button to appear, please?
    PC/ NA
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    I have had the launcher stop on the loading screen.
    It happened about a month ago. My strongest suspect is AVG antivirus. Exceptions and even uninstalling AVG, updating drivers, nothing I is fixing the issue.
    Result is I can't update ESO to play it for weeks now. I'm missing out on the event tickets for the undaunted event currently going on. We are currently in Coivd lockdown, i can't get anyone in to have look at the problem.
    But like you, there is no 'play', or 'update' button.

Anyone any ideas?
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.