Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

Exodium
Exodium
✭✭✭✭
Ok this is absolutely ridiculous. The freezes are server wide right now across both Pve and pvp. People are reportedly stuttering for 20 seconds or coming to complete freezes regardless of where they are.

Dragon bones introduced eternal loading screens in Cyrodill, which sucked but at least you could generally avoid cyrodill.

Now these freezes are happening EVERYWHERE which are devastating people's gameplay.

The game should be taken down and this needs to be addressed straight away. How are people supposed to do trials, dungeons, pvp or anything when the servers cant handle this?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_MattFiror
Edited by Exodium on June 6, 2018 11:05PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it on PC as well, they are aware.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me too but I just assumed it was because I was in Summerset at the time and the zone was overrun. But yes, PLEASE FIX ASAP.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol should be expecting this from ZO$ too busy making more overpriced mounts for their gambling boxes to fix their game :D
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like the Morrowind launch all over again
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the behavior is the same then it is not likely related to the enhancements that were PC related.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I didn't Pre-Order, more and more games are being released broken because they don't need to release a working game because so many are willing to give their money so quickly. Now if everyone would wait until the game releases to see if it works or not and don't buy it until it works this kind of crap wont happen anymore.

I log in and see the game is not working just like with all their other expansions and simply closed app and moved on to a game this is working. ESO is working as it should be I might buy it then but I wont be paying them to fix what should be already working.

All those who pre-ordered... you are all chumps.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

so umm...were the three weeks delay between PC launch and Console launch not enough for them to figure out the issue and release the game on console without the stuttering/freezes?
  • N2woR
    N2woR
    ✭✭✭
    It’s bad but playable, just FPS drops
    [PS4]
    Guilds
    Snowborn Wolf Pack Elite
    Snowborn Wolf Pack
    Toons
    Grim Myth - Nord DK Tank
    Just Grim - Redguard Stam Sorc

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every 10 steps I thought I was going to disconnect so I just turned of the game and enjoyed the rest of the day.

I'm sure that's what ZO$ wants us to do anyways, not play.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    N2woR wrote: »

Playable in overland maybe. But in a trial, dlc dungeon, pvp, those stuttering or freezing means death. That to me isn't playable.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    N2woR wrote: »

Playable in overland maybe. But in a trial, dlc dungeon, pvp, those stuttering or freezing means death. That to me isn't playable.

It's weird, but I haven't seen much lag in PvP. (PS4) But as soon as I go anywhere in overland, and I mean anywhere, not just Summerset, I'm getting 3 to 10 second freezes.
    Not game breaking, just annoying.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt get lag in the dungeons. Only brief freezes or a stutter when traveling quickly overland
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had very little lag all day except in extremely busy quest pick up areas. I’m on XBox. Best launch I’ve seen to be honest.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 6, 2018 4:32AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When the Crown Store suffers from it
    ZOS will fix the issue
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been their best launch for sure! The stutters are annoying for sure! I went to cyrodiil and had it a ton too, it is game wide. I just spent the time exploring after they got bad. The more people online, the worst it got.
  • Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    Launch day of any game especially peak times you're going to have lag and stuttering... This has been a best launch for ZOS to date... Load screens have been far worse than this in the past!

Don't play video games on launch day for any game maker... Because you are going to be disappointed then.
    Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• Queen_Havoc
    Queen_Havoc
    Soul Shriven
    After my game froze completely for the 3rd time in Vivec on ps4 NA, I just turned off the game. Its literally unplayable at this point. I thought these fps fixes were going to help, seems like it broke the game...again...just like every other patch. Smh.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    When the Crown Store suffers from it
    ZOS will fix the issue

I couldn't buy crown crates bc of lag please fix!

24hrs later lag has been fix game runs smoothly.

Fast someone make a topic about this!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    This is why I didn't Pre-Order, more and more games are being released broken because they don't need to release a working game because so many are willing to give their money so quickly. Now if everyone would wait until the game releases to see if it works or not and don't buy it until it works this kind of crap wont happen anymore.

I log in and see the game is not working just like with all their other expansions and simply closed app and moved on to a game this is working. ESO is working as it should be I might buy it then but I wont be paying them to fix what should be already working.

you have a very good point...

except for the chumps part - that was a little weird :#

nonetheless - us eso enthusiasts/chumps probably aren't exactly getting the best of products at the moment...

such a shame - so many different zos teams are doing amazing work...

more and more I feel like their server equipment is pure dog poop...

if it was a coding thing, seems like they would have figured it out by now...

gotta imagine it would be super expensive to replace the equipment - otherwise - how in the world can the game have such significant issues so long after initial release...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »

Yes you’re absolutely right and this will be the first and last time I pre order anything. Mistake made, lesson learned. This game doesn’t deliver, I know I’m a minority primarily m PvP only person, but it’s just not worth it anymore. Can still play/win with gear I’ve aquired. Jewlery crafting is dumb and too much of a grind. If they want to go P2W in the future I’m done anyway. Makes no sense to spend money on ESO anymore.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing and chose a different game. Stuttering all the time, screen freezing. It's bad in PvE but in PvP it's dreadful. I'm taking a break until they fix this...
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    The freezes are server wide right now across both Pve and pvp. People are reportedly stuttering for 20 seconds or coming to complete freezes regardless of where they are.
    The influx of players returning to the game for Summerset is the cause. ZoS doesn't improve its server capacity during these times so everyone now suffers the consequences.

In about 6 weeks, this will all die down. People will get together and share items to rank up JC quickly, sell items in the store to help others out, and once the new skill is maxed out, they'll leave and the game will settle back down.

I can't really blame ZoS here: they won't invest in additional servers because the player base spike will leave once they're done, and my recollection of AWS is they don't rent server space by the hour.

I will admit the freezing is annoying. Take 20 steps - freeze. Take 20 more - freeze.

I got busted stealing 3 times yesterday because of these glitches. LOL. I can't even recall the last time this character was caught stealing.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    The influx of players returning to the game for Summerset is the cause. ZoS doesn't improve its server capacity during these times so everyone now suffers the consequences.
    I can't say I can agree with this. Game has been heavily populated before with new releases, but what PS4 players experienced last night is new. Everything just freezes... you can't hit Options - nothing works, game just gets frozen in time.

Sometimes, after 3-5 seconds, it comes back to life. But often, you'll look at a frozen screen for up to 3 minutes, then you're tossed out of the game completely and have to reload/restart.

PvP Zone chat last night was full of people complaining about getting kicked out of the game every 20 mins or so due to screen freezes. Definitely worse in areas with heavy combat (FPS drops too) and each faction only had 2 bars.

PS4NA
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it only happens overland....Cloudrest was fine, so was Cyrodill...greatly improved after midnight (EST))...so seems to be related to server load...
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU - It is also happening to me. I thought it was just because the new area I was in has loads of players running around, but no matter where I am i'm getting constant stop and freeze lag ):
    Edited by AnviOfVai on June 6, 2018 11:56AM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think it's related to the multi-core support (at least I think that's what I read).

They're aware of it and are working on a fix.

Plus 50% of the population being in one zone probably didnt help the servers.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox na, everywhere I went had the stutters. REALLY bad in Summerset. Cyrodiil was probably the worst, DCd every ten minutes. And if you didn’t dc you are frozen for a good 10 seconds. Only 2 bars an alliance. Will be unplayable with full bars.
    Edited by SASQUATCH0 on June 6, 2018 12:03PM
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so people know, this is not a server thing, this is a client side rendering freeze. There is a serious problem with how the client renders stuff now, but it does get a lot worse in busy areas due to the client waiting on messages back from the server for positional rendering of other players as well.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

If the behavior is the same then it is not likely related to the enhancements that were PC related.

I believe it has to do with the changes in the way that textures are loaded which is common to all platforms.
    If you remember they tried to roll this change out once before had problems and had to reverse it.
    If I move slowly into a new area I rarely get the freezes, but if I am moving fast running or on mount I get them on PC and PS4.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 6, 2018 12:11PM
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not experienced any major gameplay issues on PS4 NA. Weird.
This discussion has been closed.