Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FIX for the white box / cursor sticking bug for Mac OSX High Sierra

egill
egill
Soul Shriven
My wife had this issue after updating her Macbook Air, and this was the fix I found:

Go to accessibility settings -> Display, and increase the cursor size. Any amount will do, just more than the default.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/KcV9u7E

Here is where I found out about this fix: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/130246-mac-high-sierra-the-white-box/&
  • ToxicBurn
    ToxicBurn
    Soul Shriven
    This issue is on Mojave as well. Not sure about Catalina. But one would assume so.
  • artemlebedkoeb17_ESO
    artemlebedkoeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately, none of the above helped. I played with a monitor resolution - but it's all useless. For example, in the World of Warcraft or Left 4 Dead, there has never been such a problem.

Mac mini 2018 + eGPU rx570
  • rynezuzi
    rynezuzi
    Soul Shriven
    try increasing your mouse pointer size in the accessibility settings
  • BrokenAccidentalStar
    Can confirm that this is still an issue, only when I use my MacBook Pro with the external monitor I just bought. The Cursor Size fix works, but I don't love that I have to do that. :( I like having a tiny cursor, lol.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    rrurmxft2ktn.png

This is still the best fix, even in Catalina!

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Now that this thread is over three years old the discussion is being closed. You are welcome to start a new discussion if you cannot find a recent thread already open.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.