The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Special Furnishings - what are they?

malatorius
malatorius
✭✭
yboz2mxxc3cd.png

"Special Furnishings 0/10"

what are they? ive placed almost everything i can think of and nothing fills this category, does anyone know what they are or examples of them?
And Fadomai said, "When Nirni is filled with her children, take one of them and change them. Make the fastest, cleverest, most beautiful people, and call them Khajiit."
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    mists of the hag fen, it is the only special furnishing. Maybe the new butterflies are but I don't know for sure because I didn't buy the new furniture package.
  • Shadowfell
    Shadowfell
    ✭✭
    The butterflies (both of them) count as special and as said the hag fen mists are.
    Nine Trait Crafting Argonian Templar!

PSN James2908
    Guild: Stinkhorn Ridge Hoppers
  • VivianTheUnrede
    The butterfly swarms are not special. I have a blue butterfly swarm in Serenity Falls and there are still 0 special furnishings.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the banker, merchant, and fence count. Dunno what else but apparently I'm 10/10 at my primary residence and had to put away my fence to make room for the banker. XP
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Banker and Merchants are not Special Collectibles?
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    Banker and Merchants are not Special Collectibles?

Apparently they are. Just checked at my house and the banker, merchant, and smuggler all count as 'Special Collectibles.' Dunno what the other 8 ones I have out are.

[edit]

Did some more testing, apparently mounts and non-combat pets are special collectibles too.
    Edited by Mr_Wolfe on August 10, 2018 12:54AM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malatorius wrote: »
    yboz2mxxc3cd.png

"Special Furnishings 0/10"

what are they? ive placed almost everything i can think of and nothing fills this category, does anyone know what they are or examples of them?

The special furnishings are usually the pets and mounts, but also a few other bits count, like the mists. I wish the mists did not count, as I like to fill my houses up with pets, even the spooky ones :grin:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Daydreaming
    There is a difference between special furnishings and special collectibles. Mists of hag fen is special furnishing, but pets, mounts, banker, etc. are special collectibles, not special furnishing. Does anyone know any other items that might go into special furnishing?
    "...Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night..."
    ~William Blake
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two special collectibles that I found: the wild hunt crate ancestor moth swarm (pet), and the gryphon fledgling pet that you get with Summerset. Also stuff that you get as bonus or from quests counts, but it is still foggy for me.

I don't understand why there is a limit for these?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jezzabell
    Jezzabell
    Just wondering why there is not an official listing of what is what in the housing editor. It would answer all these questions. Why Zos, Why???
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Special collectibles are the assistants, pets, and mounts.

Collectible furnishings are the busts, trophies, and furnishings we've gotten as quest rewards (Vvardenfell Scale Model, e.g.) and from ESO+ (Vivec Statuette, e.g.).

Special furnishings so far have been the Mists of the Hag Fen. I think it's for SFX type furnishings. These are furnishings that take up a slot in your inventory/bank/storage container if they aren't placed in your home. I'm not aware of any other Special Furnishings outside of the Mists, but then I don't shop the Housing Editor very often. I would suspect that we will get other such furnishings in the future and they will likely be items that have some sort of special movement or effect.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am necro'ing this very old thread because I have a Lantern Mantis from Murrkmire (goes in Services>Traps) that is a Special Furnishing.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. There is a current thread opened on Special Furnishings and you may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.