The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No one is able to complete Wayrest Sewers 2 (Dungeon)!

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I the only one in this situation?

I can't get past the first door! There are NPCs in the circular area, but not the main NPC ("No Second Chances" dungeon quest)!

It's practically impossible!

ed80yh1bw1sd.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by joaaocaampos on June 9, 2018 11:15PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been a bug for a long time. It has been mentioned on here before by myself and many others. Sometimes the cut-scene will never proc and the whole group is stuck there.

I've been asking for a long time for them to not release a DLC one quarter and go through and re-work all of the broken old content. It's the only way they will have the time on their plate to be able to go back and fix all of these persistent issues that have been occurring for over a year.
  • Smithsern
    Smithsern
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. For some time now I can't do the quest there.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happened just today, 2 times in a row. seriously ZOS, why the hell you're releasing new content if the old ones are full of bugs? fix those first.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    happened just today, 2 times in a row. seriously ZOS, why the hell you're releasing new content if the old ones are full of bugs? fix those first.
    In my own experience with developing software, the most frequent cause of bugs is haste, and not having enough time to test the source code output, then to correct any evident errors. All software development projects have deadlines and budget limitations. This is referred to as "time and goal pressure" (stress). Successfully developing software "on time and within budget" which produces correct ouput from correct input is mostly a matter of whether those two goals are realistic under the circumstances in which the software is designed and then implemented. Regardless, ultimately, you don't know until you try.

Evidently, the ZOS developers do not have enough time to produce software that has relatively few bugs. They're always focused on meeting the deadlines in the financial plan to release one DLC for each of three calendar quarters, and an expansion Chapter during the other quarter, once per year.

Evidently, the ZOS developers must be primarily focused on developing and releasing new content because selling new content is probably the most significant source of revenue and profit. It also refreshes and sustains revenue from the Crown Store. IMHO, if ZOS had not made TESO "free to play" and continued to require a monthly subscription, then they would have more revenue to support development. Why they made that decision is for them to justify.

Aside from that, there is an inherent risk of bugs in repeatedly (1) integrating DLCs and Chapters into the original software qua the Base Game, and (2) making significant changes to, and adding new features to, the Base Game per se (an Update). The risk is especially high because ZOS always attempts to do both of those things at the same time, with the same Patch. As a conjecture, the reason for doing both simultaneously is to reduce the cost of distributing the software.

Make of all that what you will, but, in my honest opinion, that is pretty much why we see what we get.

Edited by Shadowshire on June 9, 2018 11:42PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    i never had this door not open. what i keep seeing is ppl getting stuck in the top middle room because they are unable to use the door because they are still in combat for some reason. just like with the infamous door in VoM after the Titan fight.
  • MotoVexGT
    MotoVexGT
    Soul Shriven
    It stuck for me for a long time. I kept abandoning the re-grabbing the quest on the next attempt. Eventually it just worked for me.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This dungeon was bugged as long as I remember, basicaly every set of doors either refuses to open or keeps you in combat status with a boss that’s already dead so you can’t open it

The only way to open that door in my experience is to carefully kill all the trash so that the dozey npc doesn’t get held up
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you did kill all the trash mobs on the way to as well as inside the circular room, right?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Just had a pug group get stuck on this again.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I had this issue recently too.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you did kill all the trash mobs on the way to as well as inside the circular room, right?

I agree with this. In some dungeons you have to kill ALL trash mobs in order to progress. White gold tower is another example, especially in the beginning when people forget to kill the mobs in the other part of the land.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had this 2x in a row. Doors in dungeons = constant source of frustration. There must be a better mechanic than an event trigger plus collision barrier.
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar kind of problem in Ruins of Mazzatun last time, though not quite like it. When we came to Treeminder Na-Kesh, one of our group ran a little ahead, but really just a little. He entered the boss arena and somehow the door closed right away behind him, locking the other three of us out. Still the boss fight started normally, we just couldn't enter the arena and had to wait until the other guy died in there for the doors to open again.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this area bugs on me often and the door behind the guy you fight on the stairs gets stuck too on both versions.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that bug back?

That issue was persistent in the first couple months of the game if someone was on the one-time quest. Back then if no one was on the quest there was no dialogue and the doors were already open.

Of course Zos, in their infinite wisdom (cough, cough) chose to have all the dialogue of the quests persist in every dungeon run, including those doors being closed and requiring the NPC to open the doors.

It is great the dialogue is there, but having the doors closed when no one is on the quests was not a bright move. It is just another example of Zos not thinking things through when they make a change.
    Edited by idk on March 26, 2019 3:31PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that some groups never properly clear the first room. Having even a single skeleton, crocodile, rat etc. aggroed doesn't allow the stop scene from continuing. So you should go back, find the mob and kill it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • seoulhunter
    seoulhunter
    Soul Shriven
    JULY 2020,
    STILL BUGGED.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed. If anyone would like to further discuss this topic, please feel free to create a new thread with updated information on the topic. Thank you all for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.