Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mountains, mountains and... more mountains. Vvardenfell vol. 2.

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
If you thought Vvardenfell was just Orsinium with volcano on top, look at Summerset map.

747rzt9.jpg

I spent quite a lot of time and explored as much as I could on my mount and feet. These areas are not accessible, they are just mountains blocking everything.
I'm sick of it, everytime ZOS is too lazy to put more content in DLCs / Chapters, they just put bunch of mountains so the map looks less empty.

I don't care if these mountains are for immersion, more beautiful views or whatever.
I prefer Summerset to be completely flat like a damn desert, BUT at least filled with quests and other activities in these areas.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fairly filled with quests and hubs where there aren't mountains...

*EDIT* - That transitus at the north end looks a bit lonely. :(
    Edited by Nermy on April 19, 2018 11:36AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. The mountain lower center is just the worst. Now we have to travel around it to the north? Auridon was like this, and don't even get me started with Grahtwood.

I agree. I can't stand this method of blocking off areas. I'd rather see an open field of nothingness so I don't have to traverse another damn mountain.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know we want playable areas and all but... they can't just remove mountains and volcanos from the world to make every section of every map explorable.

How many inside or separate from the base zone areas are there to explore?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Prospektus
    Prospektus
    Soul Shriven
    The upper area is accessible. There is Crystal Tower in there.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully just not as much path gating as in vvardenfell
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map is incredibly small. It's scale should mean it's as big as two Valenwood zones put together. It's actually smaller than just one of the zones.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a wee bit small
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a wee bit small

THATS WHAT SHE SAID
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    Looks fairly filled with quests and hubs where there aren't mountains...

*EDIT* - That transitus at the north end looks a bit lonely. :(

not for almost the full price of a game
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Map is smaller than VVardenfel without the mountains. I don't even wanna know how Summerset will look first weeks after launch. Epic cluster/lagfest on such small space.
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    they should be at least as big as Ornasium...this is a bit disheartening....
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the map may be smaller than expected, keep in mind there's also the Isle of Artaeum in this chapter as well.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    While the map may be smaller than expected, keep in mind there's also the Isle of Artaeum in this chapter as well.

Which is a zone even smaller than Hew's Bane
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I know we want playable areas and all but... they can't just remove mountains and volcanos from the world to make every section of every map explorable.

Agreed, I loved Orsinium's mountains.
    However, is the playable area large? It looks somewhat empty to me and not that action packed!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastian wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Agreed, I loved Orsinium's mountains.
    However, is the playable area large? It looks somewhat empty to me and not that action packed!

Most of Summerset is quite alright, but the south eastern portion of the island feels really empty.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the looks of it actual playable area is the size of Auridon...
  • Okiir
    Okiir
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

Artaeum is a tiny island the size of an average city. It has one wayshrine.
    Edited by Okiir on April 19, 2018 12:49PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very generous map of yours. Mine's even worse - although allegedly there are some areas accessible through specific quests, which I haven't found so far.

cZ0oopd.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Okiir
    Okiir
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I don't care if these mountains are for immersion, more beautiful views or whatever.
    I prefer Summerset to be completely flat like a damn desert, BUT at least filled with quests and other activities in these areas.

The problem isn't really mountains. It's that mountains in ESO are unexplorable (unlike previous TES games).

"See that mountain in the distance? You can't go there"

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okiir wrote: »

The problem isn't really mountains. It's that mountains in ESO are unexplorable (unlike previous TES games).

Lol.

"See that 4 foot high cliff. Too high for you."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

Lol.

"See that 4 foot high cliff. Too high for you."

Yeah, enough with the invisible walls. I want to be able to climb every mountain. This game has to many invisible walls that don't make sense. The only mountain which is fun to climb on is the one in Cyrodill NE of Arrius. There is even a cave with a door which takes you to the top for lazy people.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    @Faulgor

Well.....Your map is even more depressing. :(
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks smaller than Auridon.

How?

Edit: It literally looks like you have more to explore in Auridon than here but it's suppose to be a bigger map.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on April 19, 2018 1:14PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Jolipinator
      Jolipinator
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The most annoying part is how different the island looks to the original version in the base game map. It looks like they shortened every dimension, squeezed it into a smaller shape. For shame ZOS. How dare you change the appearance of an icon that once resembled an elephant wearing a robe and hat heading west. Now it's just a blob. :(
      PS5 EU.
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Faulgor wrote: »
      That's a very generous map of yours. Mine's even worse - although allegedly there are some areas accessible through specific quests, which I haven't found so far.

cZ0oopd.jpg

Yeah, your map is much better.
      Mine was made in 2mins in Paint.
    • Cryptical
      Cryptical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you thought Vvardenfell was just Orsinium with volcano on top, look at Summerset map.

747rzt9.jpg

I spent quite a lot of time and explored as much as I could on my mount and feet. These areas are not accessible, they are just mountains blocking everything.
      I'm sick of it, everytime ZOS is too lazy to put more content in DLCs / Chapters, they just put bunch of mountains so the map looks less empty.

The norther bit, there’s the underdark passage under those mountains.

Aaaaaaaaaaand THAT is inspiration for some future dlc. All those inmates of the banished cells had to come from somewhere. They crossed some dangerous lines, and the magic perps like Rilis had to have some place to do their thing in secret.

Make some ubderdark complexes under those mountains.
      Xbox NA
    • Vanthras79
      Vanthras79
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the mountains were explorable as well. This seems like a world building shortcut.
      Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• chess1ukb16_ESO
      chess1ukb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Put some of the $£$ you make on Crown stores to give Morrowind a pass and add more content as it is pretty lacklustre.
      Ireniicus
      GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
    • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Looks smaller than Vvardenfell. At least we get new dolmens.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
      Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
      Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
      Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
      Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
      Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
      Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
      Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
      Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
      PC/NA - CP 2220+
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Looks smaller than Vvardenfell. At least we get new dolmens.

They're geysers, not dolmens.
      They have the same icon only.
    This discussion has been closed.