Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlegrounds for All & Morrowind Moving to Crown Store"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Coming Soon: Battlegrounds for All & Morrowind Moving to Crown Store & ESO Plus. With the launch of Summerset and Update 18, we are making a few changes to the way players can acquire The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, play the Warden Class, and access PvP battlegrounds. Check out the article for all the details!

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about damn time BGs became base game!!

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ESO+ can rejoice. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O man imma go get the popcorn this is gonna be good...here comes all the but hurt people and rightfully so why couldnt we buy Morrowind with crowns a year ago or the fact it will come with ESO+ now lol
    Edited by RebornV3x on April 6, 2018 2:10PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Morrowind but i think many agrees with me when I say we would like to see a more active BG :)
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_p23rk3khZb1vd602xo1_400.gif
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good changes for the future of ESO and new players.

Going to cause and absolute riot on these forums though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for new players but a huge smack in the face for the players who actually stay with the game
    Edited by WildRaptorX on April 6, 2018 2:19PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest.

I wasn't going to wait a year to get Morrowind and Battlegrounds for free.

But this only reinforces what I already knew, that this "Chapter" stuff was just a blatant cash grab.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Duck and cover. :D
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed! At least if the eu server goes down again tonight we'll have something to read
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ripped off.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always said that the Morrowind Chapter was three DLCs: Morrowind zone, Warden Class, and Battlegrounds.

You should have released it like this from the start, ZOS.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 6, 2018 2:22PM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so next year we can expect summerset to be the base game and we will ditch the elder scrolls online:morrowind ... what the...

I mostly annoyed by the fact that Zos changes these dlcs/chapters/base game all the time now making it not so trustworthy anymore
    Edited by makreth on April 6, 2018 2:27PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have done this from the start. It’s the case of ZoS is money hungry or ESO is flopping so ZOS has to pull this crap so you can afford to eat.

You guys need to actually talk to us about how you want to ha for content. Will Summerset also be free next year?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »

Agreed! At least if the eu server goes down again tonight we'll have something to read
    Hopefully it's sorted now. I have a lot of dailies to do tonight!

I do think BG going base game is very good for their future health.

The rest being broken up and sold separately (or under ESO+) is good for new players who want to come to the game and get the bits they want to play.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see some complaints about this, and honestly I can see where they are coming from, when people had to spend extra to get access for it.

On the other hand, moving Battlegrounds to the base game is a much needed change, and hopefully it should bring in the ability to have multiple queues available, which is probably the thing most people want from it anyway.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good change for the health of the game.

Its alnost like ZOS should have released it this way from the beginning. Greed ruins everything,
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. Making BGs Morrowind-only was actually one of the less insightful decisions they made.

I can live with all the rest, although I do agree that we're gonna see alot of drama in here.
    Edited by cynaes on April 6, 2018 2:56PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b1863ec001f174e2d9a3cc0ad89aad0cbf78ddd297256b891bd8ff4662f3f044.jpg
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Cancelled my preorder. I have Eso plus anyway. Summerset 2019 here I come!
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • deleted201022-005645
    How does this change impact players who play on multiple servers? As it currently stands zone access and the Warden class are account-wide upgrades and therefore carry over between EU/NA servers on the same platform.

Would a new player (or existing account) need to purchase access individually through the crown store to gain access to this content or will it also be available as an account upgrade for a single purchase per platform?
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Coming Soon: Battlegrounds for All & Morrowind Moving to Crown Store & ESO Plus. With the launch of Summerset and Update 18, we are making a few changes to the way players can acquire The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, play the Warden Class, and access PvP battlegrounds. Check out the article for all the details!

The Morrowind Collector's Pack is interesting to me, but can I buy it if I already have the standard edition Morrowind AND the Discovery Pack too?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally.
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    Really glad to hear about this change. It should bring more people into battlegrounds and hopefully this leads to even more changes with the battleground system itself, with more people using the content.

There is a lot of potential for the system and I really hope they continue to develop it further.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I can see some complaints about this, and honestly I can see where they are coming from, when people had to spend extra to get access for it.

On the other hand, moving Battlegrounds to the base game is a much needed change, and hopefully it should bring in the ability to have multiple queues available, which is probably the thing most people want from it anyway.

This is me. I think Battlegrounds should have always been base game, but am still pissed because Morrowind chapter was more than Summerset and billed as a huge PvE zone; then most of the update was focused on Battlegrounds. And Warden is STILL broken (as in not competitive). Maybe that will change now.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an ESO+ participant and subscriber since launch, I feel a bit ripped off here ZoS.
    Edited by Katahdin on April 6, 2018 2:46PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Skyrim was launched it had a typical AAA price tag, and its DLCs was 20-20-5 Euros. Now you can buy the special edition for 20 with the right moment.

If we argue about that Morrowind Chapter was 40 EUR and now you have options to aquire it for "free" (preorder bonus), then I hope we will argue about the whole topic, that nearly all other games do that - So if you are not okey with it in ESO you should also go to other games forums and tell them the same.

When I think a game or its dlc is too expensive I just wait then I buy it on sale which always I mean always comes.

Those who feel riped off are new comers to the gaming market, or insatiable ones.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody knows that this will happen... soon or later.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »
    When Skyrim was launched it had a typical AAA price tag, and its DLCs was 20-20-5 Euros. Now you can buy the special edition for 20 with the right moment.

If we argue about that Morrowind Chapter was 40 EUR and now you have options to aquire it for "free" (preorder bonus), then I hope we will argue about the whole topic, that nearly all other games do that - So if you are not okey with it in ESO you should also go to other games forums and tell them the same.

When I think a game or its dlc is too expensive I just wait then I buy it on sale which always I mean always comes.

Those who feel riped off are new comers to the gaming market, or insatiable ones.

That's not even why people feel cheated.

It's because ZoS had a set system in place in which they distributed DLCs. They decided to make an exception for the Morrowind DLC and take it OUT of the system they had in place so that could get a cash grab and not let people use crowns they had saved up on sale or their ESO plus to get Morrowind.

Then 1 year later, they take the exception they made for morrowind and put it back into the system.

It's not the same as what other games do in the slightest. I have never seen anything like this.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Expansion Marketing move didn't go over too well.

This is ZoS improving their practices.

Change after "failure" is never a pleasant experience, but it will improve the overall game in the future.

Take that into consideration before berating ZoS about this change. (As you do have ground to stand on)

Don't enforce a standard of: Our customers will be happy if we keep things as they're first released.

At the same time though, it would be best for ZoS to prepare a PR statement or action.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 6, 2018 3:12PM
This discussion has been closed.