Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Those are no stallions.

Sejha
Sejha
✭✭
I may have messaged about this. I know this is a wierd thing but. All of the mounts and creatures in game are represented as genderless eunuchs and its really uncomfortable. Especially as a werewolf (I am a boy werewolf Its not like I was neutered or something) or when riding my supposed "Stallion" through tamriel. I could sort of forgive it if they were supposedly girls but they dont have teats or anything. All the animals are clearly designed as male, especially notable with the elk mount. But they have nothing hanging from their loins at all and just looking at it makes me feel really gross and uncomfortable, and considering the game forces the camera to be behind me while mounted I can't even avoid looking at it. Its always there.

Is there a way that in a future patch that you guys could give the animals some kind of balls or something because its really gross seeing nothing at all.

Things like the schleich figurines that I grew up with as a kid have always had this and animals in real life have them? Its really awkward to see the supposed to be "stallion" with nothing not even like a sheath.

Anyway I've brought it up in chat with friends many times and even in zone chat and the general concensus is either "I don't care" or "Yeah they should do it." And even if it was an issue for few and far between folks you could have a toggle in UI settings for it.

Theres never been a negative response so.

I dunno, why isnt this already part of the game.

In other news everything else is <3
Give werewolves a taunt. Let us do what we were made for.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Sejha wrote: »
    I may have messaged about this. I know this is a wierd thing but. All of the mounts and creatures in game are represented as genderless eunuchs and its really uncomfortable. Especially as a werewolf (I am a boy werewolf Its not like I was neutered or something) or when riding my supposed "Stallion" through tamriel. I could sort of forgive it if they were supposedly girls but they dont have teats or anything. All the animals are clearly designed as male, especially notable with the elk mount. But they have nothing hanging from their loins at all and just looking at it makes me feel really gross and uncomfortable, and considering the game forces the camera to be behind me while mounted I can't even avoid looking at it. Its always there.

Is there a way that in a future patch that you guys could give the animals some kind of balls or something because its really gross seeing nothing at all.

Things like the schleich figurines that I grew up with as a kid have always had this and animals in real life have them? Its really awkward to see the supposed to be "stallion" with nothing not even like a sheath.

Anyway I've brought it up in chat with friends many times and even in zone chat and the general concensus is either "I don't care" or "Yeah they should do it." And even if it was an issue for few and far between folks you could have a toggle in UI settings for it.

Theres never been a negative response so.

In other news everything else is <3

I...honestly...have never really bothered to look at that area in game :|
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has a lot of issues with horse anatomy, just saying.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't think of any possible reason why "horse balls" aren't in this game?

However, if there were an official UI toggle for, Mount Genetalia on/off I think I may just have seen everything.
    Edited by redspecter23 on March 29, 2018 11:03PM
  • Sejha
    Sejha
    ✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »

Its really hard to avoid it. Esp since youre forced into playing in third person every time you mount up.
    Riding or walking behind someone on mount? You see it.
    Every time you wolf out? You see it.

However, if there were an official UI toggle for, Mount Genetalia on/off I think I may just have seen everything.

No I, really can't think of any reason. The game is for adults as it is, not that that should even factor into something like this. Its not just horses, Its every animal.
    An elk with a huge rack of antlers, clearly a male animal oh, no but theres nothing there.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its really hard to avoid it. Esp since youre forced into playing in third person every time you mount up.

No I, really can't think of any reason. The game is for adults as it is, not that that should even factor into something like this. Its not just horses, Its every animal.
    An elk with a huge rack of antlers, clearly a male animal oh, no but theres nothing there.

Because what I really need to be able to do is teabag my enemies with my horse.

Come on, you know people would do it. And worse things. Just because the game is for adults does not make us all mature people whose minds are never in the gutter.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some players would abuse this addition. They would put their mounts in certain positions, possibly with their own avatars. It's entirely possible that images like that would be illegal in many areas and even if they aren't, I highly doubt ZOS wants anything like that associated with their game.

Yes, in a perfect world full of mature gamers, you could add this and it wouldn't be a problem. ZOS is playing it safe for legal and moral reasons. There is very little reward for a huge risk on their part.
  • Sejha
    Sejha
    ✭✭
    Are you guys serious rn? Your response is, a mix of personal attacks and wildly off the wall things that the game has no framework for.

Because what I really need to be able to do is teabag my enemies with my horse.

Come on, you know people would do it. And worse things. Just because the game is for adults does not make us all mature people whose minds are never in the gutter.
    You can't crouch when on a mount so that wouldnt happen anyway ???

Some players would abuse this addition. They would put their mounts in certain positions, possibly with their own avatars. It's entirely possible that images like that would be illegal in many areas and even if they aren't, I highly doubt ZOS wants anything like that associated with their game.

Yes, in a perfect world full of mature gamers, you could add this and it wouldn't be a problem. ZOS is playing it safe for legal and moral reasons. There is very little reward for a huge risk on their part.
    And people already do this. Its not as big a thing as you think it is.

[Edited to remove quote]

As I've already explained. The empty void makes me extremely uncomfortable. Im not asking for ridiculous things like erections thats just silly. Don't play dumb and theres no need for personal attack.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 1, 2018 1:04PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, you have faith that anatomically correct horses and other mounts would be well-received by the game's population of mature gamers.

The rest of us have a more cynical view of the game's population. ZOS, whether for liability, PR, or design reasons went with the decision to leave off the genitalia, and isn't likely to change that decision unless the game's population suddenly matures. Thus we have Barbie horses.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you want Horse *** in the game?

Haha, can't even say it on the forums.

But to OP's topic, it's really only something those who have spent much time with the actual animals are going to notice. I don't know how many are bothered by it.

Most of want I've seen is directed at head, legs, even tails. I've even seen the side players mount from taken issue with. Either ZOS needs to hire a horse rancher for their mount dev team or you all need to learn to live with some less than accurate horse builds in game.
    Edited by driosketch on March 29, 2018 11:52PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Sejha
    Sejha
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    So you want Horse *** in the game?

Haha, can't even say it on the forums.

But to OP's topic, it's really only something those who have spent much time with the actual animals are going to notice. I don't know how many are bothered by it.

Most of want I've seen is directed at head, legs, even tails. I've even seen the side players mount from taken issue with. Either ZOS needs to hire a horse rancher for their mount dev team or you all need to learn to live with some less than accurate horse builds in game.

I've grown up raising all manner of animals so yeah its, really really awkward to see this being the case. Youre right on the money more or less.

I still feel like, since this is the forums where we can voice our concerns and oppinions that I should at least try to make a statement ahah, even if it is shouting into the void.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care either way. Hardly any games adds it. Yeah seeing ken doll animals is a bit unnatural. On the other hand I am not fully convinced of the maturity of everyone in the playerbase, regardless of age. So yeah, I can see why ZoS might not want to add ***, even if something more modest like sheaths. I can underst and not going for the all hang out versions no matter what.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    what the hell lmfao
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Dwemer clank horse...

Would they be brass?

...this is, without a doubt, the silliest thing I've seen someone complain about on the forums so far...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I've read everything now :D
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    huge-horse-6.jpg
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn´t like to be a horse in ESO.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you would like to be like one in real life? :p
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing at a time, they just implemented a crown store horse with a strap-on.

Of course the horse is wearing this device on its head, and zos admits its not real before selling it to you.

We may never see animated bullocks. I agree with your affinity for realism, but so much realism ended up on the cutting room floor in this game, I've grown to usually accept it for what it is.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, why do you want to see horse genitalia so badly?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do I keep getting notifications for this thread I haven’t participated in? Not even interested in this fake unicorn. I already got the sparkle horse.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Why do I keep getting notifications for this thread I haven’t participated in? Not even interested in this fake unicorn. I already got the sparkle horse.

This thread is about horse willies, not Eunochorns
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Check the star at the top, it might be highlighted marketing this thread as favorite. I've had that randomly happen to me a few times before.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I'm playing ESO I always think to myself, "you know what this game needs, it needs more balls!"

Glad we're on the same page.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

But you would like to be like one in real life? :p

Sure. Seabiscuit.
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no *** in Tamriel during this era, that is why we see no children.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if I'm comfortable with my horse showing off his gentleman's sausage :o
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it might as well add horse manure to the game... it's uncomfortable watching my horse knowing he hasn't had a bowel movement since the game launched. Ya know?
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok the next great dlc is going to be a throw back to esIV

Horse armor….except instead of barding

HORSE DIAPERS!!!!
    Edited by Nightfall12 on March 31, 2018 6:09AM
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play Skyrim on PC with mods if that's what you want. Please note, I make no judgement nor recommendation of the following mods.
    Immersive Poop - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61559/
    Gendered Horses - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60289/

Of course, given that Elder Scrolls horses can climb mountains yet fail to ford a knee-deep creek, I'm not sure realism is the standard here.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm one of those who take issue with the horse anatomy in this game, but there's just something gross about imagining animators carefully sculpting their genitalia. I honestly don't understand why some people want this. There's a line between realism and unnecessary details.
    stam scrub
This discussion has been closed.